Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by babyback View Post
    Ahhhh. The good old “those who play less are shit”-argument.
    I never said that. You read what you want to.

You don't have to play a lot to be cutting edge or gladiator. 8 hour/week guilds exist. Hell 6 hour/week cutting edge guilds exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I welcome most kinds of excluse prestige rewards, even those I have no chance of obtaining. I want something to strive towards even if I know I'm not getting that particular reward this particular time! The mage tower was a good start, but I don't think we'll be getting anything fancier than that given how much hatred people harbor against the so called special snowflakes.

I'm probably in the minority though, but yea.

What?

PvP Elite Set
    PvP Gladiator Mounts
    PvP Titles
    PvP enchants
    Mythic Mounts
    Current Mythic Tier sets
    Cutting Edge
    Mage Tower weapons/CM weapons and mounts.

There are stuff to get out there, stuff people still ask "wow, how did you get that?".
    Quote Originally Posted by atenime45 View Post
    The 10% reward. It's was unspoken rule that you DONT attack other faction so everyone could enjoy the 10% reward. But now no one cares about that anymore

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    I never said that. You read what you want to.

You don't have to play a lot to be cutting edge or gladiator. 8 hour/week guilds exist. Hell 6 hour/week cutting edge guilds exist.
    Then please explain how feeding the egos of the "1%" will help with the game's long-term health and sustainability?

We don't think flying makes questing quicker. We think it makes it trivial. There is a difference. Source
    How does flying trivialise this quest?
    Cherry picking data, have a read.

Mega gold mounts. Heroic only mounts. Mythic only titles. Mythic only mounts. Mythic only fancier versions of armor and weapons.

What more prestige is needed?

Quote Originally Posted by Aktavite View Post
    Then please explain how feeding the egos of the "1%" will help with the game's long-term health and sustainability?
    If you think that cool rewards from hard content is there to feed egos then there is simply no discussing with you.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I would rather see an award for completing Every Achievement in the game of the current expansion.

A premium Weapon or Title for completing every achievement of the current expansion would get players more involved in the game, rather than running one Mythic 15 plus dungeon or raid & getting lucky.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Actually there is one and only one mount that is the most prestigious of them all because it is so very rare, and you had to be bloody lucky to get it and that is the Black Qiraji Battle Tank, it was a special quest reward that was only available during the opening event of the Temple of An'Qiraj.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    why not? What would be so bad about it?
    I didn't say it was bad, I said it was not a reasonable expectation. It's a bit like expecting a bunch of flowers to stay fresh forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    And here is the general problem: If there is always another transmog than the same thing happens as with mounts and titles: Nobody cares about it, because there are simply too much too easily obtainable alternatives.
    The problem has nothing to do with anything being too easily obtainable. It has to do with the fact that over time these things accumulate in the game. By necessity old prestigious achievements will fade because it's the only way to make prestige for new achievements possible.

The same is true in all things in which prestige exists. Names like Usain Bolt, Raphael Nadal and Lionel Messi are all well known today, but how many people know who held that same prestige even as little as 20 years ago? What about 100 years ago? There are very few things for which an individual can hold onto prestige indefinitely and among the 100 billion people who have ever lived, only a handful will keep that prestige beyond their own lifetime.

Despite owning some unobtainable items from the game, and some of the soon to be unobtainable ones, i'm against the current system of prestige where you grant it by making some stuff no longer obtainable.

For me what matters is to have done something myself , either alone or in a group, and having enjoyed it while trying / getting it. And this feeling is not diminished by someone else getting it easily when it's not current content anymore.

So although i'm a bit against these forms of digital entitlement and prestige being handed over, if there has to be one to tickle the fancy of those who can't live without it, i guess achievements would fit that nicely. Make them stand out a bit more if they were done while they were current content or not, if you must, but keep the rewards in the game.

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    I think They Should Nominated!

Quote Originally Posted by Yehat View Post
    5 million gold mount?
    Out of all my mounts I still only use 3.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Korvyn View Post
    Despite owning some unobtainable items from the game, and some of the soon to be unobtainable ones, i'm against the current system of prestige where you grant it by making some stuff no longer obtainable.

For me what matters is to have done something myself , either alone or in a group, and having enjoyed it while trying / getting it. And this feeling is not diminished by someone else getting it easily when it's not current content anymore.

So although i'm a bit against these forms of digital entitlement and prestige being handed over, if there has to be one to tickle the fancy of those who can't live without it, i guess achievements would fit that nicely. Make them stand out a bit more if they were done while they were current content or not, if you must, but keep the rewards in the game.
    I wasn't thinking super hard to get...well not all the time. I was thinking more of a unique reward for things like glory of the hero and glory of the raider that isn't going to be reused everywhere like mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Out of all my mounts I still only use 3.
    Ironically so do i infact i only use the mounts on my taskbar cause iam too lazy to add any other.

Its weird that i have over 400 mounts but hey i enjoy the hit i get when i collect them so its all worthwhile.

Ironically so do i infact i only use the mounts on my taskbar cause iam too lazy to add any other.

Its weird that i have over 400 mounts but hey i enjoy the hit i get when i collect them so its all worthwhile.
    I have just under 300, but I use the grand yak, water strider, and onyxwing something-something 2 seat'er. Drops are still cool, but the prestige mounts are garbo.
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Imagine Blizzard took a poll on if there should be more prestigious rewards in game. 1% would vote yes, the people who would be able to obtain such rewards. Then you'd get the 99% voting no, people too shit to get the rewards and would rather fuck top players out of them, rather than think of the long term health and sustainability of the game.
    Gamers have no self control. If you put game design to a vote, people would ask for a game with cutting edge graphics and edgy characters to play and the ability to one shot the final boss. Then people would start the game, 1 shot the boss and say "That was great! WoW this is boring now" and never log in again.

When they think the devs are too smart to just hand over the 1 shot mechanic, they try to be sneaky and beg to nerf everything.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then what does? Its either armour which noone cares about especially since tmog, Titles? Pft its all about that animal in between your legs and you ask about prestige how many in this game can afford that brontosaurus mount which has a auctioneer on its back and costs 5 mil?

You cant buy a carry for that amount of gold and if you buy tokens then iam sure it would cost thousands!!
    Actually with current NA token prices it would cost about $500 US......just sayin...

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    It used to have them in the past in the forms of hard to obtain mounts and titles but it feels like those rewards have been oversaturated to the point where they feel almost meaningless. The mage tower and other unlockable weapon skins in legion seem a step in the right direction but I don't know how well they will stand out once we return to weapon drops.

Does anyone else think wow needs some kind of reward for difficult parts of the game that isn't simply recolored and eventually given out freely to everyone? Some kind of thropy prize in the same vein as pvp elite skins?

Sorry this is kind of ranty it's a tricky subject to sum up.
    Mythic sets aren't just recolors since wod so there's that as quite exclusive items for pve , there are mounts for glory of the raider/dungeon hero that not everyone will have during current content time , we had legendaries that in the past would have been unobtainable by pvp players .
    I surely hope blizzard puts some sort of challenge in bfa , in fact the game lacks some solo content that isn't world questing or leveling that rewards the player's skill in the game.

Also transmog unfortunately while it's an awesome thing removed the one basic goal of every pre 4.3 player : getting some armor that didn't make you look like a clown.
    Last edited by valax; 2018-06-14 at 01:36 AM.

...1% would vote yes, the people who would be able to obtain such rewards. Then you'd get the 99% voting no, people too shit to get the rewards and would rather fuck top players out of the....
    Can we not do this? Let's stop pretending it takes anything other than raw time spent in-game to accomplish anything. The only difference in between you and a "shit player" is hours played.

In that context is it really something to brag about?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    5 million gold mount?
    Gold isn't prestige when it can be Exchanged (bought), via tokens.