Thread: Cyberpunk 2077

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Norwegian journalist who was at E3 and saw the gameplay demo, said it was only a run and gun game. Boring fps shooter with no cover system or anything like that. Migth have just not been used at the gameplay he saw. But that is what he said atleast.

Who to believe? Some rando guy or game sites who have put out videos like this to say that the game met their expectations and assuaged their worries?
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

Quote Originally Posted by Roshar View Post

Who to believe? Some rando guy or game sites who have put out videos like this to say that the game met their expectations and assuaged their worries?
    its not some random guy (unless you meant me as the random guy). Its a gaming journalist working for a Norwegian gaming/IT site. Just as credible as the one you linked. But everyone has their own taste and opinion i guess. I take most of these sites with a grain of salt anyways. I will decide when i play the game myself

its not some random guy (unless you meant me as the random guy). Its a gaming journalist working for a Norwegian gaming/IT site.
    Ah ok, thought it was just one of those random non-gaming journos that visit E3 just because it's a convention with a lot of people. Well, that is probably the only overall negative response I've read about the game from E3, but I think I'll stay optimistic for now. Hopefully CDPR will reveal some gameplay footage soon for us to see it for ourselves.
    4/12/292277026596 15:30:08

This is the generation of cosmetics, not deep rpg games. Don't worry though CDPR, I'll buy anything you make, as it doesn't have the slime of Silicon Valley on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    This pissed me off about Kingdom Come: Deliverance as well. There are so many Armour/Clothing slots yet the only time you see your character is in the inventory wardrobe or in cut-scenes, and even then in some cut-scenes you randomly un-equip parts of your gear anyway.
    Pretty sure you can choose to keep the helmet on in the options. If you are taking your helmet off to certain people(ie your mention of random, it's a lore thing. You aren't going to keep your helmet on talking to a lord)

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    Pretty sure you can choose to keep the helmet on in the options. If you are taking your helmet off to certain people(ie your mention of random, it's a lore thing. You aren't going to keep your helmet on talking to a lord)
    Its not just the helmet (I could understand that, it makes sense) sometimes its other bits of armour. Sometimes I just appear in dialogue cut-scenes wearing clothes I don't even currently have in my inventory.

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    Its not just the helmet (I could understand that, it makes sense) sometimes its other bits of armour. Sometimes I just appear in dialogue cut-scenes wearing clothes I don't even currently have in my inventory.
    Hmm, I never saw that when I played through on my PS4, though I am not denying it happens. I never got to finish the game because it saved game got corrupted amid the many many many many bugs. Figured I'd wait till it got better and go back. Hearing good things lately. More stable.

Quote Originally Posted by Roshar View Post
    Ah ok, thought it was just one of those random non-gaming journos that visit E3 just because it's a convention with a lot of people. Well, that is probably the only overall negative response I've read about the game from E3, but I think I'll stay optimistic for now. Hopefully CDPR will reveal some gameplay footage soon for us to see it for ourselves.
    He had a lot of positive things to say. Don't get me wrong. But he wrote that the gameplay he saw was mostly run and gun and no one taking cover or anything like that. But maybe what he saw was a bad player or just a unlucky sequence for all i know. Don't exactly know how these things are handled.

But we will find out soon enough. Hopefully gonna see more gameplay from gamescom in august.

Deleted
    maybe what he saw was a bad player
    According to the CDPR guy in one interview, the person playing the demo was some Counter-Strike pro.

Also, just to be clear, in case you didn't listen to every single interview they gave (which you really should, and not to some random Norwegian glorified blogger), they made it abundantly clear that most, if not all situations have several ways available for the player to go through them. You can choose to try to play a complete pacifist and never draw your gun, but that'll require some sweet speech skills and such.

So no, despite what this Norwegian blogger said, it's definitely apparently not going to be a "run and gun" game, although that is, as it obviously should be, an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    According to the CDPR guy in one interview, the person playing the demo was some Counter-Strike pro.

Also, just to be clear, in case you didn't listen to every single interview they gave (which you really should, and not to some random Norwegian glorified blogger), they made it abundantly clear that most, if not all situations have several ways available for the player to go through them. You can choose to try to play a complete pacifist and never draw your gun, but that'll require some sweet speech skills and such.

So no, despite what this Norwegian blogger said, it's definitely apparently not going to be a "run and gun" game, although that is, as it obviously should be, an option.
    If he is a glorified blogger, Then so is every other press that attended E3. But does it really matter, we will see when gameplay start flooding youtube and twitch.

If he is a glorified blogger, Then so is every other press that attended E3. But does it really matter, we will see when gameplay start flooding youtube and twitch.
    They're almost all glorified bloggers, yes.

But also relevant: When one person says one thing, but the chorus of dozens and dozens of others say something different, maybe that one person is probably wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    They're almost all glorified bloggers, yes.

But also relevant: When one person says one thing, but the chorus of dozens and dozens of others say something different, maybe that one person is probably wrong.
    Or focused on one thing

saw gameplay and said "its just a shooter"

is like watching the witcher 3 gameplay and going

"its just hack and slash"

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Or focused on one thing

saw gameplay and said "its just a shooter"

is like watching the witcher 3 gameplay and going

"its just hack and slash"
    he wrote a lot of different, almost all positive things about the game. But he said combat didn't look too good. Which i posted here. So it might be my fault for putting it in a bit more negative spotlight than it should have been

10+ Year Old Account

10+ Year Old Account
    Really worth a listen, really enlightened me more...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Totally gonna watch a "10 lies about this current trending topic" a game that isnt even out yet.

Totally gonna do it man.

I really need my fill of click bait youtubers.....

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Totally gonna watch a "10 lies about this current trending topic" a game that isnt even out yet.

Totally gonna do it man.

I really need my fill of click bait youtubers.....
    I got to the first lie, which was press lazily referring to the game as a "FPS" game rather than just a "first person" game. Seems pretty clickbaity.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/15/cyb...y-good-reason/

Awww yis, full nudity. And I actually dig their reason for it, it makes sense in the context of a sci-fi future where humans are augmenting and changing their body parts etc.

I'm sure the ESRB/PEGI/whatever AUS rating agency is called will love it : D

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    I got to the first lie, which was press lazily referring to the game as a "FPS" game rather than just a "first person" game. Seems pretty clickbaity.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/15/cyb...y-good-reason/

Awww yis, full nudity. And I actually dig their reason for it, it makes sense in the context of a sci-fi future where humans are augmenting and changing their body parts etc.

I'm sure the ESRB/PEGI/whatever AUS rating agency is called will love it : D
    Its like when people tried to nude shame ex machina while missing a key aspect of the story. Nudity is actually very important to some story aspects. Changing body parts is one. Also, making things more human, IE more relatable and in the case of ex machina it was about sexuality and attraction are a big driving force in the reason we communicate in the first place.

You can create a more effective AI experience with an AI that looks human. More than you can with a robot that is just nuts and bolts so to speak.

Censorship people wont care though, pixels that look like nipples, ban it all!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    First person is L-A-Z-Y.
    Making a First Person game is not Lazy, making a bad FPS game is LAZY.

- - - Updated - - -

he wrote a lot of different, almost all positive things about the game. But he said combat didn't look too good. Which i posted here. So it might be my fault for putting it in a bit more negative spotlight than it should have been
    IMO Witcher 3's combat wasn't that amazing to begin with.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-06-15 at 09:48 PM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    IMO Witcher 3's combat wasn't that amazing to begin with.
    Don't need to tell me twice. I never finished witcher 3 due to its horrible combat.