Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyalona View Post
    Uhm, no. It means I'd rather be doing something with my life than act like a child.
    You have a long way to go to achieve that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Deleted
    Who is talking about working? Are these the only two things in your life? Work and video games?

- - - Updated - - -

You called yourself a random nobody.

you are the one quitting video games....

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just quit video games for good. It wasn't an easy decision, because I truly love them. But they've just taken up way too much time in my life, to the point where even when I spent an hour or two in the evening playing, I feel like I should be doing something better. And there's always the temptation to just stay home and spend a whole day playing my favourite game at the time, and I give in way too often.

Any other people who feel the same way?
    No.

When I want to play a video game I play a video game. When I want to do something else I do something else. And yeah, sometimes that means spending an entire Sunday at my PC. Other times I cook, read a book or do some leatherworking. Don't feel bad for having done something that you enjoyed at the time. If you feel a change is necessary go for it, but I wonder why you need to tell a bunch of gamers on a gaming forum that you decided to quit gaming.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    That avatar and Internet preaching are oddly suspicious...
    Oh, it's 100% Anduin Menethil. If you google "Anduin Menethil mmo-champion" and click the first link (and the third), who's profile do you think you'll get?

Like I said, he's either 100% trolling, or he 100% believes the crap he's posting and is one of the biggest virtue signalers on these forums.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    We need forum downvote buttons like they had on the WoW forums for a time. If enough people downvote a person, they are autobanned from posting.
    I'd just make a new account. This isn't my first account. I used to be Nindoriel and Liquid Snake.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Oh, it's 100% Anduin Menethil. If you google "Anduin Menethil mmo-champion" and click the third link down, who's profile do you think you'll get?

Like I said, he's either 100% trolling, or he 100% believes the crap he's posting and is one of the biggest virtue signalers on these forums.
    Virtue-signaling how?

Uhm, no. It means I'd rather be doing something with my life than act like a child.
    Playing video games for a few hours =/= acting like a child. No offense but your attitude in this thread either seems to be suggesting you DO have some deeper issue at hand here, or you're probably just a troll. People should just ignore you, I think.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Virtue-signaling how?
    vir·tue sig·nal·ing

noun

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.

- - - Updated - - -

I'd just make a new account. This isn't my first account. I used to be Nindoriel and Liquid Snake.
    Which is why IP bans need to exist.

I can't believe I came back hours later and OP is still at it. This whole thread reminds me of a quote:

“Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.” - C.S. Lewis

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    How are you stuck at home? Is your door locked and you can't get out?
    An example would be wife is at the gym and I'm stuck home with the kids but they're playing outside with a friend.

Another example is that I usually take a rest days after surfing because I'm too sore and battered to really do much of anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Krawu View Post
    No.

When I want to play a video game I play a video game. When I want to do something else I do something else.
    Just doing what you wanna do is gonna turn your life into chaos. This is nothing an adult does. An adult doesn't sit down and say, I'm gonna do whatever I wanna do. An adult sits down and thinks "what needs doing?" "what is the thing I am avoiding?" "what is the thing that is going to improve my life". Playing video games is just escapism. It's no different than plugging into the matrix to escape the harsh reality that machines are controlling your life.

Deleted
    And yeah, sometimes that means spending an entire Sunday at my PC.
    There is nothing good about that.

Don't feel bad for having done something that you enjoyed at the time.
    The question is, was what you did something that made your life the best it could be. It's ok to do something now that isn't fun, so you can do something in the future that is worthwhile.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by joebob42 View Post
    Thanks for at least owning up to the fact that you're just trolling.
    I'm not a troll.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    Playing video games for a few hours =/= acting like a child
    Playing legos for a few hours =/= acting like a child
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2018-06-14 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've just quit video games for good. It wasn't an easy decision, because I truly love them. But they've just taken up way too much time in my life, to the point where even when I spent an hour or two in the evening playing, I feel like I should be doing something better. And there's always the temptation to just stay home and spend a whole day playing my favourite game at the time, and I give in way too often.

The most important thing in life ( In my opinion ) is your own enjoyment. You cant do 99% of the stuff in video games that you can do in real life and serve as my vent. If you enjoy it, keep doing it. If someone in your life wants you to stop they got an issue and have no right to try and force you to stop something you like.

People say video games are a waste of time. Totally invalid statement normally made by an idiot because its just one of the millions of ways to have fun. Nothing matters. Ill be 90 years old and still gaming if i am that lucky.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i am soon on a cruiser with my gf for 2 weeks from alaska to iceland to sweden dont think i am missing much i can speak german english serbian greek slovenian macedonian i think i can speak enough languages and yeah i want to learn to play a piano its on my list, yeah better 12 weak killing a dragon then working 40 hours a weak so i am at 10 hours work a week 12 hours raiding = 22 hours i lost i think i am still in a + with my time ^^ i dont play anything besides pokemon every year when it comes out so besides wow thats it

manage your time i am more of a
    spontaneously person i do even workouts to feel good maybe 8 hours a week it varies
    You should definitely work on your english.

- - - Updated - - -

vir·tue sig·nal·ing

noun

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue.
    This has nothing to do with virtue or morals.

- - - Updated - - -

Which is why IP bans need to exist.
    They do that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Casualty View Post
    I can't believe I came back hours later and OP is still at it. This whole thread reminds me of a quote:
    Can you find a quote for what it means when people can only quote other people and not use their own words?
    Last edited by mmocdf92b69352; 2018-06-14 at 05:09 PM.

Just doing what you wanna do is gonna turn your life into chaos. This is nothing an adult does. An adult doesn't sit down and say, I'm gonna do whatever I wanna do. An adult sits down and thinks "what needs doing?" "what is the thing I am avoiding?" "what is the thing that is going to improve my life". Playing video games is just escapism. It's no different than plugging into the matrix to escape the harsh reality that machines are controlling your life.
    I do what I want to do a lot of the time. My life is not in chaos. I'm 34 (35 in a few weeks) and I have:
    Been married 12 years, together 20 years total
    Finished grad school with a 4.0 average
    Have a house, 2 fully paid off cars (Elantra and Equinox)
    No debt of any kind
    Husband and I both work

I think that sitting and playing video games is perfectly fine. I don't always need to be improving my life, sometimes I can just do something because its fun and enjoy doing it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerStoner View Post
    An example would be wife is at the gym and I'm stuck home with the kids but they're playing outside with a friend.

Another example is that I usually take a rest days after surfing because I'm too sore and battered to really do much of anything.
    Well if you have kids then your life is already fucked. You messed it up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Noone cares
    Den y u post here?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    The most important thing in life ( In my opinion ) is your own enjoyment.
    This will guarantee you a bad life.

Nope, I play for a few hours a few nights a week after the Wife and Kids go to bed, I wouldn't be doing anything else in this time but watch Netflix so its not a big deal. I have only ever for 1 day stayed in home and gamed, which was not all day I stayed home to work when my Wife went to her brothers with the kids for the weekend. I worked until 4PM on Saturday and gamed from 4:30PM -4AM, slept until 11am the next morning and gamed until 4PM when my family got home. This was a one time deal, otherwise I work 12-15 hours a day and spend the rest with Family.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    I do what I want to do a lot of the time. My life is not in chaos. I'm 34 (35 in a few weeks) and I have:
    Been married 12 years, together 20 years total
    Finished grad school with a 4.0 average
    Have a house, 2 fully paid off cars (Elantra and Equinox)
    No debt of any kind
    Husband and I both work

I think that sitting and playing video games is perfectly fine. I don't always need to be improving my life, sometimes I can just do something because its fun and enjoy doing it.
    Sure you need to play video games. What else do you have in life.

Can you find a quote for what it means when people can only quote other people and not use their own words?
    I'm sorry, I'm at work so my time is limited and I couldn't find a video of The Rebel to more concisely explain my point of view.