Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    If you have a steady job and a nice routine in your life video games are alright. If you're in that shitty position in your life where you hate your job and searching for a better one or developing new skills for a better life you might wanna quit video games if you can't control it.
    If all you have is work and video games, then what kind of a life is that?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Berthier View Post
    i know but i think its good enough if you want to find fails its not hard to find some
    Not with what you're writing, definitely not.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyalona View Post
    So you've never read fiction?
    Are you seriously trying to imply that works of fiction have nothing of value to provide besides entertainment?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by schwank05 View Post
    Nope, I play for a few hours a few nights a week after the Wife and Kids go to bed, I wouldn't be doing anything else in this time but watch Netflix so its not a big deal. I have only ever for 1 day stayed in home and gamed, which was not all day I stayed home to work when my Wife went to her brothers with the kids for the weekend. I worked until 4PM on Saturday and gamed from 4:30PM -4AM, slept until 11am the next morning and gamed until 4PM when my family got home. This was a one time deal, otherwise I work 12-15 hours a day and spend the rest with Family.
    If you have a wife, kids, a job, and you spend the rest of your time that you have playing video games, then what else do you have in life?

I'd give up posting on internet forums first, and then go to video games second; but you do you. I hope it works out.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've just quit video games for good. It wasn't an easy decision, because I truly love them. But they've just taken up way too much time in my life, to the point where even when I spent an hour or two in the evening playing, I feel like I should be doing something better. And there's always the temptation to just stay home and spend a whole day playing my favourite game at the time, and I give in way too often.

Any other people who feel the same way?
    I feel the opposite actually. When I'm not gaming, I feel like I'm missing time ingame. Like I'm stuck at another boring family day with my in-laws rather than blasting demons in Doom or raiding with my guild. Obviously there are times away from gaming that I enjoy, like hanging out with my wife and taking my pup for a walk.

But it is good to recognize when a hobby, job, or activity is making your life less enjoyable and try to limit or remove that element.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    Are you seriously trying to imply that works of fiction have nothing of value to provide besides entertainment?
    Sure, they can have value. But 99.99% of people read 99.99% of the fiction they read simply to escape reality. This is ok if you are a woman and your man works and you sit around all day doing nothing and you're bored, so you read cheap novels where the milk man comes over and fucks the housewife with his horse schlong, so you can fantasize about fucking the milk man with his horse schlong and dream of a life that isn't as boring as yours so you don't kill yourself. But if you are a man, you have to have a dream. You have to shoulder the burdens of the world. You have to go on an adventure. You can't sit around reading Game of Thrones and dream about fucking your sister. Do something with your life.

Deleted
    Imagine if this was Sherdog, and this person was preaching to us about how they've given up martial arts and how everyone else should do that too, because it takes up too much of your time and can be detrimental to your health.

They would've been banned hours ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodstripes View Post
    I feel the opposite actually. When I'm not gaming, I feel like I'm missing time ingame. Like I'm stuck at another boring family day with my in-laws rather than blasting demons in Doom or raiding with my guild. Obviously there are times away from gaming that I enjoy, like hanging out with my wife and taking my pup for a walk.

But it is good to recognize when a hobby, job, or activity is making your life less enjoyable and try to limit or remove that element.
    That is one of the problems with videogames. You neglect real life things.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i9erek View Post
    I said a nice routine as well. If you have an easy life with a stable job and loving husband/wife that you get along with you'll find yourself enjoying the little time you have to play.
    So basically most of your life is boring, so you have to escape via video games. Right? Life isn't that harsh and cruel anymore when you can pretend you are a warrior in world of warcraft, killing demons.

I regret not playing more video games. They're edifying, and one of the few sources of joy in this world.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    What is this, like the 2nd or 3rd name you've burned out because everyone knows your whole spiel at this point?

OT: If you can't handle a few hours of vidya, I would say to stop.

Time spent enjoyed isn't time wasted.

If you have a wife, kids, a job, and you spend the rest of your time that you have playing video games, then what else do you have in life?
    I work until roughly 6-7PM spend time with the Kids until they go to bed at 9, then Wife goes to bed about 10. I play Video games or Watch TV until 1-2am and wake up to do it all over again. On Sundays I am home all day and do Honey Do's and spend time with Family. My Job is not really a Job I build High Performance Engines and Hot Rods, I love going to work every day and what I do. Its my main Hobby building Cars, so basically I fully enjoy every day at work.
    Last edited by schwank05; 2018-06-14 at 05:23 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Guys, stop taking the bait and feeding him. This is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Which is why IP bans need to exist.
    With ISP charging extra for Static IP? Nope.

Sure you need to play video games. What else do you have in life.
    Where did ever see I need to play games?

What else do I have in life? 2 businesses I run, friends to do stuff with, parents I have a great relationship with and see a few times a week, 4 cats, love to cook/bake and I make dinner most days, flowers planted all over my yard, I'm an admin in a 20k+ person ebay group, help take care of my elderly aunt, took care of my grandmother for 18 years so she could stay in her house as long as she could. Helped my parents rehab 3 houses (my grandmothers after she died, my parents ranch they bought and then totally repaint their old house). Going on vacation in 2 weeks and then again in another 3 months. Plus a lot more.

What do YOU have/do in your life?

No one needs to justify why they play video games to this god awful troll. Someone should lock this garbage thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    I regret not playing more video games. They're edifying, and one of the few sources of joy in this world.
    What does that say about the quality of your life?

Sure, they can have value. But 99.99% of people read 99.99% of the fiction they read simply to escape reality. This is ok if you are a woman and your man works and you sit around all day doing nothing and you're bored, so you read cheap novels where the milk man comes over and fucks the housewife with his horse schlong, so you can fantasize about fucking the milk man with his horse schlong and dream of a life that isn't as boring as yours so you don't kill yourself. But if you are a man, you have to have a dream. You have to shoulder the burdens of the world. You have to go on an adventure. You can't sit around reading Game of Thrones and dream about fucking your sister. Do something with your life.
    .................you're an idiot, there's really not much else to say about this pile of horseshit thread.

I don't even care about the warning or ban.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well if you have kids then your life is already fucked. You messed it up.
    You got me. This will be something that weighs heavy on my mind later today when I walk down to the beach and spend my afternoon surfing and getting smiles from hotties half my age because my physique is on point only to go home, have an outstanding meal made by my gorgeous wife, and hang out with my kids while drinking a few beers and talking about school and science and anything else going on in the world they are interested in.

And then, when they've all gone to bed and I sit down with my PS4 controller I will probably weep knowing how my life is already fucked. Luckily, my kids wont be able to hear my cries over the sound of me still being bad at Dark Souls 3.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    4 cats
    Cat Lady...

10+ Year Old Account
    ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̡͌l
    Regardless of what people are saying, you do you man. They aren't innately bad and people should make it a point to unwind. I did the same recently and haven't regretted it at all. I have a lot of things I want to do and there isn't enough time to do them all. It's very easy to spend all that time in video games and neglect the other things, simply because of how easily accessible games are.

A personal reason for me is that I lack self control in this area and previous attempts to moderate my play have proved unfruitful to my detriment. Ruined sleep schedules, lack of physical activity, commitments to people I'm not close with in game that interfere with my real life relationships, the exorbitant amount of time required to play some of these games on the competitive level I desire, all these things have harmed my physical and psychological health. I know it's a personal issue, but I've reached a point where trying to work around it just doesn't seem worth the time or risk.

If you think your time would be better spent elsewhere I'd try to examine why you think those other things are more worthwhile. It may be because of superficial reasons where you aren't being true to yourself. Your whole view that video games aren't as worthwhile could routed in the same skewed value. Games can even be a creative outlet, I remember when wow was more foreign and game play was less straight forward how playing optimally on each fight felt like working on a canvas, there was a flow to it that exercised an intuition and creativity that satisfied a part of me I never expected a game to, let alone something mathematical that deals primarily with being efficient. With games in the picture I've been neglecting real life for too long, now that I'm doing other things, I've experienced some powerful changes in my life.