Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by VyersReaver View Post
    With ISP charging extra for Static IP? Nope.
    Yeah. I have a static, and tend forget that 99.99999% of the internet doesn't. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyalona View Post
    Cat Lady...
    And proud of it

I've been gaming since I was six, I don't think I'll ever stop wanting to play video games. In fact I kinda want to get home so I can farm some more with my lightening assassin in D2.

I've just quit video games for good. It wasn't an easy decision, because I truly love them. But they've just taken up way too much time in my life, to the point where even when I spent an hour or two in the evening playing, I feel like I should be doing something better. And there's always the temptation to just stay home and spend a whole day playing my favourite game at the time, and I give in way too often.

Any other people who feel the same way?
    I assume you work hard for a living, and do the hard things that need to be done as an adult. I don't see spending time a few hours a day treating yourself to something you enjoy after working hard to be a bad thing. It's mentally healthy to sit down, relax (or don't), and spend time unwinding your brain through entertainment. Be it movies/tv/books/games. No need to wean yourself off of entertainment. But, I suppose you know what's best for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOne01 View Post
    Da actual fuck? XD you just went full.
    full what?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seirith View Post
    And proud of it
    It's a sign that a person is lonely and antisocial.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by daem View Post
    I assume you work hard for a living, and do the hard things that need to be done as an adult. I don't see spending time a few hours a day treating yourself to something you enjoy after working hard to be a bad thing. It's mentally healthy to sit down, relax (or don't), and spend time unwinding your brain through entertainment. Be it movies/tv/books/games. No need to wean yourself off of entertainment. But, I suppose you know what's best for you.
    I don't have a job right now.

I imagine it's always going to be one of my favorite things to do. I have felt like I was wasting too much time on it before, like many do . It certainly isn't the most important thing in life. If it's getting in the way of reaching your goals or something like that, it's normal to feel that way. If I gave up video games completely, however, I would be bored out of my mind.

Aaaand he's gone.

Lol, he got banned?

Deleted
    I've just quit video games for good. It wasn't an easy decision, because I truly love them. But they've just taken up way too much time in my life, to the point where even when I spent an hour or two in the evening playing, I feel like I should be doing something better. And there's always the temptation to just stay home and spend a whole day playing my favourite game at the time, and I give in way too often.

I give you 1 month max

Deleted
    Did he ever say what it was that needed time investment?
    Accuracy sports? Motorsports? Chemistry?

I'm actually coming to an understanding like that myself about games. I don't think I'll quit, but I've been having more fun playing them "lightly" than spending my whole day playing one. It feels better to reward myself at the end of a long day's work. Even if that means a not "actual" work day, but me doing things that need to be done(cleaning up a room that I've let go or reading textbook material I need to study up on in my free time).

Quote Originally Posted by Guy09 View Post
    More time to watch Jordan Peterson videos.

I wasted the years from 16 to 29 playing video games. Up until 2017 when I had a day off I would play video games for 8-12 hours a day. It was really fun but I missed out on so many things. I would have women message me on a dating site trying to have a conversation. My replies would sporatic and she would lose interest. I could have spent the time to better mysrlf and my position in life. My life would be way different from my current situation it's my fault but Damn the worst part is I will never get those years back. And those years are some of the best years of a life. Personally I think there needs to be clear intervention in a person's life when they are addicted to video games. They need to be shown that they are wasting thier years on a video game that when the company stops supporting the game or the servers everything they have accomplished in the game will be lost. I played diablo 3 since launch I have some very rare pets and achievements in game. From 2012 to 2017 based on my play time on each class I sunk around 4750 hours in to it. When blizzard releases diablo 4 and stops supporting diablo 3 and I moved on that, all that time will be technically wasted. It's really a false sense of achievement. Learning a skill that has real world applications is a way better use of time than video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Oakshana View Post
    Oh, it's 100% Anduin Menethil. If you google "Anduin Menethil mmo-champion" and click the first link (and the third), who's profile do you think you'll get?

Like I said, he's either 100% trolling, or he 100% believes the crap he's posting and is one of the biggest virtue signalers on these forums.
    His cringe powers were unmistakable.

5+ Year Old Account
    That is one of the problems with videogames. You neglect real life things.

- - - Updated - - -

So basically most of your life is boring, so you have to escape via video games. Right? Life isn't that harsh and cruel anymore when you can pretend you are a warrior in world of warcraft, killing demons.
    I don't see anything wrong with escaping via video games. They have helped me deal with and recover from severe clinical depression.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Devonitar View Post
    His cringe powers were unmistakable.
    Right. It's almost a physical sensation. Not unlike nausea.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy09 View Post
    He posted in this thread every several minutes for 5 straight hours. I think we know where he invests his time.

5+ Year Old Account
    Something more productive than improving on your relationship with another person? You really have to think about the things you're posting first.
    Some of the best relationships I've had have been with people I've met on WoW. I met my wife when she joined my guild, and we've been married for 5 years. I think you are forgetting how much gaming can help people with social anxiety or related issues.

It's more about focusing on what you care about and want to dedicate your time to. Evaluate what those things are that you think you should be doing instead and why you want to do them more. Write it down, divide it into manageable, realistic pieces. Then...

Dreadlord
    7+ Year Old Account
    I somehow almost ost complete interest over them when I turned 23, I play single player games sometimes but thats it, like 3-4 hours a week