Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Race race but which race?

Gotta say, I love high mountain Tauren racials. Also have to say they are the ugliest looking warriors ever. Is it even possible to have a cool helmet with those giant moose antlers?
    So at a dilemma. What is the best warrior choice for someone who plays pvp and pve?
    Nightborne are a no go imo. Blood elves loosing their silence makes me sad. Thoughts?

I love the Highmountain racials as well but as you said, Tauren in plate do not mog well. There's the heritage armor and... well, that's it. And you can't even mix the heritage armor with other pieces that are plate to get a unique look because it just clashes too much. So I ended up rerolling a Highmountain Druid. Lots more options there. But I digress.

For Horde, Troll is probably still the absolute best in terms of racials for DPS warriors. It's got the best DPS racial in the game while also having a decent PvP racial. Orc is a solid choice as well, but they're getting screwed in BfA because Relentless will no longer stack with the Orc racial. But as far as the cool factor goes, it doesn't get more iconic than Orc so I'm probably going to play a Mag'har when they come out. Their DPS racial is pretty solid even though it has a random element to it. And they also have the reduced duration on certain DoTs which isn't the greatest but at least it's something. Mag'har is probably a middle of the road race for warriors but I've always wanted to have that Blackrock skin color so that's what I'm going with.

For Alliance, it's been Human for the longest time but Every Man for Himself is getting hit with the nerf bat again. It's probably still going to be a strong option but I think the Dark Iron Dwarfs have the most potential. You get a cleanse that gives you a primary stat boost for each thing you cleanse. That can be really strong if timed right in certain situations. It's so strong in fact that I think it'll probably get nerfed. But even if and when it does, Dark Irons still have that metal as fuck cool factor. It pisses me off that they're on the Alliance side. I've long wanted them to join the Horde. But I digress.

Ultimately, certain racials can be clutch in ranked PvP situations but they're not nearly as impactful as the community makes them out to be. There's been plenty of top ranked PvP'ers playing race and class combos that have been considered less than optimal. Skill is much more of a determining factor than a couple extra racial abilities. That's why in the end I just go with what looks the coolest to me, which makes the conversation entirely subjective.
    "He who lives without discipline dies without honor" - Viking proverb

Orc.

FOR THE HORDE!
    They always told me I would miss my family... but I never miss from close range.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman31 View Post
    I love the Highmountain racials as well but as you said, Tauren in plate do not mog well. There's the heritage armor and... well, that's it. And you can't even mix the heritage armor with other pieces that are plate to get a unique look because it just clashes too much. So I ended up rerolling a Highmountain Druid. Lots more options there. But I digress.

For Horde, Troll is probably still the absolute best in terms of racials for DPS warriors. It's got the best DPS racial in the game while also having a decent PvP racial. Orc is a solid choice as well, but they're getting screwed in BfA because Relentless will no longer stack with the Orc racial. But as far as the cool factor goes, it doesn't get more iconic than Orc so I'm probably going to play a Mag'har when they come out. Their DPS racial is pretty solid even though it has a random element to it. And they also have the reduced duration on certain DoTs which isn't the greatest but at least it's something. Mag'har is probably a middle of the road race for warriors but I've always wanted to have that Blackrock skin color so that's what I'm going with.

For Alliance, it's been Human for the longest time but Every Man for Himself is getting hit with the nerf bat again. It's probably still going to be a strong option but I think the Dark Iron Dwarfs have the most potential. You get a cleanse that gives you a primary stat boost for each thing you cleanse. That can be really strong if timed right in certain situations. It's so strong in fact that I think it'll probably get nerfed. But even if and when it does, Dark Irons still have that metal as fuck cool factor. It pisses me off that they're on the Alliance side. I've long wanted them to join the Horde. But I digress.

Ultimately, certain racials can be clutch in ranked PvP situations but they're not nearly as impactful as the community makes them out to be. There's been plenty of top ranked PvP'ers playing race and class combos that have been considered less than optimal. Skill is much more of a determining factor than a couple extra racial abilities. That's why in the end I just go with what looks the coolest to me, which makes the conversation entirely subjective.
    oh man, I had no idea the orc racial was getting nerfed. :/ Damn. Thank you for the info.

I'm hoping Zandalari will have some good racials - cause they look awesome in all the armor types.

Quote Originally Posted by Villager720 View Post
    I'm hoping Zandalari will have some good racials - cause they look awesome in all the armor types.
    agreed! I wonder when they are going to release their racials

10+ Year Old Account
    Orc life is best life.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Paladin

Look. We already gave you guys Ashbringer. Isn’t that enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Phabulous View Post
    Orc life is best life.
    Says the one with the Shmillidan avatar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloodronin4life View Post
    Gotta say, I love high mountain Tauren racials. Also have to say they are the ugliest looking warriors ever. Is it even possible to have a cool helmet with those giant moose antlers?
    So at a dilemma. What is the best warrior choice for someone who plays pvp and pve?
    Nightborne are a no go imo. Blood elves loosing their silence makes me sad. Thoughts?
    Just saying that I am in the same boat HM Tauren looks are super lame.

Got 2 'main' Warriors. On the Alliance I will be going from Worgen (now) > Gnome ? DI Dwarf, on the Horde a classy bullish Tauren ? Zandalari.

Maybe you should go with whatever race you enjoy playing in terms of comfort. That is your right choice. (for example, I find the Worgen male Warrior sporty and vicious; Gnome is going to be an experiment since it looks funny and Escape Artist is a great QoL racial).
    Last edited by mmocbd6f7263f8; 2018-06-08 at 07:42 PM.

As soon as Zandalari open up my warrior will be race changing faster than MJ in a flashback video.

Nice looking dwarf lady smacking the big boys in the face while doing a laugh emote! Fun times!

Quote Originally Posted by Raakel View Post
    Nice looking dwarf lady smacking the big boys in the face while doing a laugh emote! Fun times!
    This. Dwarf female is by far the most angry of all races.

Deleted
    Going Highmountain fury warrior.

Biggest race biggest weapons, and two of them.

I'd hold off on your decision until the racials for all Allied races are released. I think a Kul Tiran human would make an awesome Warrior if only in aesthetics, but I somehoe suspect they will be of sturdy nature.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    For Fury, troll>gnome>dwarf>tauren as far as racials are concerned.
    For class concept, assuming that you plan on making a Horde toon, orc should be the most iconic, followed by tauren and then troll.

trolls are probably the best horde race as berserking stacks with every 2nd Recklessness and it got removed of GCD recently on beta (if i remember correctly) so it can be macroed together, if you dont go anger managment that is
    Last edited by valky94; 2018-06-14 at 09:44 AM.

You say that as if there was another choice for warrior but a dwarf? I'm honestly confused, what are you talking about?

15+ Year Old Account
    I never use helmets (only goggles or scarf) so DONT USE HELMETS BE A SUPA WARRIOR!
    step into everything will gief ya nothing, mon

Undead is the master race

Quote Originally Posted by shyguybman View Post
    Undead is the master race
    This man speaks the truth.