Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Elemental Shaman (and Restoration) is the most exciting spec for me so far. Something I thought I'd never say because I did not like Elemental in WoD and Legion that much. I really like the different builds you can have (either "fire" or "lightning).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Finloneous View Post
    This. Ive been looking into other classes because mine just doesnt feel good or seem to be going in the direction id like. Amazingly enough every other class i look into seems to be mimicking every other class. Not enough damage, survivability issues, class feels clunky. Its all the same everywhere.
    Fury Warriors are now looking pretty fine - very mobile (extremely mobile in PvP is specced that way), good damage (subject to tuning of course), engaging and fun rotation, decent self-healing while in melee.

Arms is okay - it seemed pretty good until the Fury revamp, and now it's definitely the plain girl in a pair. It works, it feels like Arms should (IMO), but it's not exciting like Fury.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalisandra View Post
    Fury Warriors are now looking pretty fine - very mobile (extremely mobile in PvP is specced that way), good damage (subject to tuning of course), engaging and fun rotation, decent self-healing while in melee.

Arms is okay - it seemed pretty good until the Fury revamp, and now it's definitely the plain girl in a pair. It works, it feels like Arms should (IMO), but it's not exciting like Fury.
    I can assure you once you played a raid tier of fury you gonna need a new hand/wrist combo. Whats fun in the beginning will be a pain in the ass after a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Solence View Post
    I can assure you once you played a raid tier of fury you gonna need a new hand/wrist combo. Whats fun in the beginning will be a pain in the ass after a while.
    I played Ret when it stacked Haste and was GCD locked. I reckon I can deal. Not sure I want to though - Fury's never been my style. I'm a big, slow 2-hander kind of guy for melee - Arms, Ret, the old 2-hander Frost build.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Elemental Shaman (and Restoration) is the most exciting spec for me so far. Something I thought I'd never say because I did not like Elemental in WoD and Legion that much. I really like the different builds you can have (either "fire" or "lightning).
    Have you actually played the BFA version of elemental so far? Generally curious

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Barackoshama just released a beta video which basically shows ele shamans topping meters in raids and dungeons (outside of demo locks). Incoming Synapse Shock nerf!
    To be fair, the tooltip says you get one stack per target up to 5, instead you get one for every LB / Overload you fire off.
    In other words, the way the tooltip is worded, you should only have a single stack on a pure ST encounter.

So yeah, i'd call it a fix tbh, unless they nerf the int bonus by 80%, but then you might as well just give a flat int value.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-06-13 at 02:58 PM.

Yeah cause blizz fucked up and they just relized that 2 months before launch

and from what have heard the class developers are pretty split up on how to design the classes

I saw brakoshama video, holeee fook that is such a boring rotation spamming lightning bolt. Is the lava build any good? The main reason i mained elemental is for dotting enemies for insta lava bursts, that is one of my fav mechanics. Anybody know if there is a class with similar mechanic?

Quote Originally Posted by elcapone View Post
    I saw brakoshama video, holeee fook that is such a boring rotation spamming lightning bolt. Is the lava build any good? The main reason i mained elemental is for dotting enemies for insta lava bursts, that is one of my fav mechanics. Anybody know if there is a class with similar mechanic?
    Afflic Lock with Nightfall. Your Corruption DOT will proc instant Shadowbolts. But it's 3 ppm, so not as common as Lava Surge.

If you want a ton of procs, Demo Lock also gets a ton of procs for instacast Demon Bolts due to imps dying. This is more on the frequency of Surge.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    So Ion just said that, sure, elemental is in a bad place, and they might fix it in 8.1, to a degree.... Fucking yay -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    So Ion just said that, sure, elemental is in a bad place, and they might fix it in 8.1, to a degree.... Fucking yay -_-

Jep, i saw it as well...

Like that was not the case the last few addons...

Really frustrating how we eles have to wait all the time.

BUT if they "fix" Ele, like they did with the first major Legion patch i am looking forward to it, Legin overhaul was great.

I think the statement was too vague for that to conclude.

First off, he said that Elemental is among the specs that might still receive some changes outside of number tuning.

Second, 8.1 changes are mechanical changes or talent changes they were not able to test on Beta (at least some of them).
    It's compareable to the SK change in 7.1 or talent shuffle in 7.2.

What those changes are...who knows, if i had to guess:
    EB - Might move into another tier or receive heavy buffs to be a hardhitter spell as on live.
    EotE - Possibly becoming baseline
    Icefury - Goes into another tier and receive buffs

Tier 45 - Maybe add some actually useful talents.

Earth shield is only decent during leveling, ticks per charge are far too low to be significant in raiding / pvp.
    Spirit wolf is just a dead talent if you play properly and spam FrS in PvE, a PvP talent at best.
    Static charge, i don't think a 20sec reduction here is a somehow extremely impactful unless you *need* to get it to 40sec for some reason.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-06-14 at 08:33 PM.

If ele is suddenly in such a bad place, then why don't they fucking just revert it to the Legion version jesus christ.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    I think the statement was too vague for that to conclude.

First off, he said that Elemental is among the specs that might still receive some changes outside of number tuning.

Second, 8.1 changes are mechanical changes or talent changes they were not able to test on Beta (at least some of them).
    It's compareable to the SK change in 7.1 or talent shuffle in 7.2.

What those changes are...who knows, if i had to guess:
    EB - Might move into another tier or receive heavy buffs to be a hardhitter spell as on live.
    EotE - Possibly becoming baseline
    Icefury - Goes into another tier and receive buffs

Tier 45 - Maybe add some actually useful talents.

Earth shield is only decent during leveling, ticks per charge are far too low to be significant in raiding / pvp.
    Spirit wolf is just a dead talent if you play properly and spam FrS in PvE, a PvP talent at best.
    Static charge, i don't think a 20sec reduction here is a somehow extremely impactful unless you *need* to get it to 40sec for some reason.
    I cannot fathom why a talent such as Spirit Wolf isn't just baseline anyways. I get that they kinda want to make three playstyles for elemental (fire, lightning and shocks) but come on then...!

I cannot fathom why a talent such as Spirit Wolf isn't just baseline anyways. I get that they kinda want to make three playstyles for elemental (fire, lightning and shocks) but come on then...!
    Agreed. It's an interesting concept in theory but it fails in reality.

With Gusts removed it would have been nice to get a baseling increase to Ghost Wolf's movement speed and the DR for Spirit Wolf should have been baked into the Ghost Wolf Warmode talent IMO.
    Last edited by mkultra55; 2018-06-14 at 11:26 PM.

The whole row currently just feels like the "totem row" back in MoP / WoD, except there isn't even a talent like Totemic projection, so you have at least one solid choice.

As far as builds are concerned, i just don't feel like those talents actually come together, obviously synergy within talents is a tricky thing as taking a talent in row 1 might lead to auto choices in row x/z/y.

Currently on Beta, i feel like the best choice is simply to go for the most powerful talent in every row:
    -EotE
    -Aftershock
    -High Voltage / SE
    -PE
    -Unlimited Power / Asc

Change UP / Asc to Stormkeeper and you even have a legit AoE build.

Elemental currently has a few talents that are simply corpses, like Liquid Magma totem or Earthen Rage.

I mean in which scenario would you take Liquid magma totem?
    You're in a AoE situation, so High Voltage obviously generates a lot of Maelstrom, Earthquake hits really hard, also some Stormkeeper synergy.

The only situation where Liquid magma would be better is the expansion release phase where High Voltage just sucks.

Short burst AoE situation? Take SE, in Tier 90 PE is a auto choice for AoE anyway (partly due no competition), as long as one target lives like 7 seconds, SE beats the other talents anyway.
    Earthen Rage is just a dead talent with no upside whatsoever, PE is already a next to passive talent (you have to press additionally the special ability once per Elemental) and Icefury already boosts your movement dps.

Lastly, and that's going to be an issue down the line: Two talents directly scale with your Mastery.
    Both High Voltage and Unlimited Power will suck early on (if they don't, then they'll be nerfed sooner or later anyway).
    However, with like 70% we have now, those talents will be amazing, Unlimited Power will be crazy with that much Overloads if you just cast spells than can Overload.

Like really, i am curious about Elemental in 8.0 on 110 with shit ton of Mastery, Legendary Boots and Aftershock.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2018-06-14 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by taek View Post
    Afflic Lock with Nightfall. Your Corruption DOT will proc instant Shadowbolts. But it's 3 ppm, so not as common as Lava Surge.

If you want a ton of procs, Demo Lock also gets a ton of procs for instacast Demon Bolts due to imps dying. This is more on the frequency of Surge.
    thanks brotha, I dropped ele after the wod fiasco. I was right since legion shaman was garbage in the beginning of legion. I tried other classes, but havent enjoyed them at all. I will stick to ele only class i enjoy, and have my achievements on. I am a masochist i guess or stockholm syndrome idk. MOP was my fav expansion, with ele shaman and boomkin. in MOP boomkin also had instant starsurges with the dots. I am gonna have to check boomkin again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I switched away from shaman anticipating this to happen. That said it still makes my blood boil a bit. Not just that this has happened but that it is happening yet again. Its ground hog day for shaman dps specs every new expansion.

I feel for you all.

Quote Originally Posted by Psidum View Post
    I switched away from shaman anticipating this to happen. That said it still makes my blood boil a bit. Not just that this has happened but that it is happening yet again. Its ground hog day for shaman dps specs every new expansion.

I feel for you all.
    I wonder if Blizz is going to slightly overtune the numbers for the specs in question to help make them attractive for the first Tier. That would create other issues of course. It's going to be a roller coaster ride for the first half of the xpac it seems.

Have you actually played the BFA version of elemental so far? Generally curious
    To be honest I did not play it yet but I watched several videos and really enjoyed the one from FatBoss. I might be wrong on this but almost every spec except Elemental seems incredibly dull imho.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again