Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Farming numerous sets of gear, making macros, and pressing said macros to ensure your character performs in a situation that it wouldn't have without pressing said macro = fun/engaging/challenging gameplay that shows everyone how committed you are and can excuse Blizzard from poor class balance. Top argument.
    You're obviously the type of player that isn't in the target audience for competitive m+. If macros and gear sets are too difficult for you stick to your world quests, LFRs and daily heroic dungeons, little one. Don't force tour lack of competitiveness on us by getting together with your shitty troll friends and crying to Big Poppa Bliss on every forum that mentions m+ about how omgdunjunzR2harddddd.

What if I forget to swap to the right gear before the dungeon stars? Granted less of a problem with legion legendaries not being a thing in BFA but I still am concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by therealstegblob View Post
    What exactly about this adds any customization?
    How does having different sets of gear allow you to control your character... I have no idea if this the demographic blizzard caters to I won't be playing this game much longer.
    Violence Jack Respects Women!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Esports. Really wish that crap wouldn’t have an affect on the game but it sadly does.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Esports. Really wish that crap wouldn’t have an affect on the game but it sadly does.
    Could easily just set template characters then and carry over keybinds or something, that would really make it an even playing field.

Quote Originally Posted by Jyggalag View Post
    Not if the best gear for the content you enjoy running is gated behind content you don't. M+ is to be seen as an alternative end game progression system to raiding. You shouldn't need trinkets and gear sets from mythic raid bosses to be competitive in high end M+
    That's a completely different point than one I was making but ok... I said collecting gear is part of a role playing game to get rid of it would be stupid just like the massive pruning was dumb idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jackybg View Post
    Less freedom, but more decision making if you want to min-max. Knowing what gear is the best for each dungeon with the current affixes, that creates additional depth.
    Do you want to go trinkets and gear with stats that help with AOE for trash? Or do you want to go with another set for ST for bosses, but take more time on trash pulls?
    Or get like AOE talent build for trash, but stat priority and trinkets for ST for bosses.
    This will add more strategy before the run, but it will take away freedom of min-maxing in every scenario.
    Overall I think there are more positives than negatives.
    The strategy already exist though this just restricts it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Angosia View Post
    I don't actually see this being a requirement. Nor do I see this change having much of the impact it is assumed it will. People will still farm mythic run gear and equip it before the instance. What is changing is really changing it between fights in the same dungeon. Less of a concern really.
    It is for me the already removed weapon swapping with enchants and various things in the past that separate good and bad players in pvp.

Good. There was a little too much min-maxing going on for my taste.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It doesn't affect virtually anyone.

And as for the people it did affect, I think they'll somehow manage to keep doing mythic+ minus the 3-4 keybinds they had for gears swaps.

Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    so it doesnt affect casuals and makes the game less fun for hardcore players.

yeah seems like a great change
    It's why I'm not buying the idea that it's being done just to dumb things down. Based on demographics there is no reason to just dumb it down.

Is it your contention that the gear is what determines the skill and not how the person performs in that situation? I can see why this bothers you in such a scenario. The premise is faulty.
    Except it does both players have access to those enchants and weapons but one took notice and made better choices. This game is losing depth expansion to expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    It doesn't affect virtually anyone.

And as for the people it did affect, I think they'll somehow manage to keep doing mythic+ minus the 3-4 keybinds they had for gears swaps.
    The removal of reforging barely effected anyone but it's coming for some reason. If you don't want to bother with it don't do it but let people who have fun with gear sets continue.

I never actually switched my gear during dungeons in Legion. At least for my spec there weren't any legendaries that were particularly strong for cleave anyway. The gear-swapping only made sense in Legion because some legendaries were very powerful for specific situations. Maybe some trinkets too. Without that the are no strong reasons to be swapping.

Which means it all depends on the Azerite Armor. Not being able to swap gear in BfA could be negligible unless some azerite armor has some powerful cleave-only traits that compete with another piece in the same slot with powerful single-target traits. Since azerite armor replaces tier sets, I'm assuming (and this could be wrong) that the raid-level azerite armor will be the best for all situations and swapping it out won't really help.

You're missing my point. Your contention is as you state, enchants separate good from the bad players in pvp. This isn't about PvP, so that's not only a massive topic diversion, but it is fundamentally missing the point of my question. Is it your contention that an enchant or set of enchants is the only thing that separates good players from bad players in PvP? If the answer is yes, then this sort of change is perfect. It will either enhance your logic or completely trash it. I suspect the latter, but I am open to the former.
    The usage of enchants does though learning to time with your burst in past expansion was crucial. My point was the depth in this game died because blizzard keeps making small changes like this after a certain period they add up.

If you look at them from an individual standpoint they sound fine but add up the check 4 years down the road and it makes a difference.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-06-14 at 05:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Gains View Post
    You're obviously the type of player that isn't in the target audience for competitive m+. If macros and gear sets are too difficult for you stick to your world quests, LFRs and daily heroic dungeons, little one. Don't force tour lack of competitiveness on us by getting together with your shitty troll friends and crying to Big Poppa Bliss on every forum that mentions m+ about how omgdunjunzR2harddddd.
    10/10 strawman and ad hominem. You're obviously the kind of poster that isn't the target audience for this forum. If thinking through an issue and having a logical argument about it is too difficult for you, you should stick to your facebook, reddit, and article comment sections. Don't force your lack of critical thinking skills on us by getting together with your shitty troll friends and attacking decent posters on this forum in every topic that mentions m+ about how superior you are without making a real argument.

what a joke.
    Blizzard overengineers this game so much. It is way too controlled these days. Ridiculous.
    No fun allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by Armourboy View Post
    It's why I'm not buying the idea that it's being done just to dumb things down. Based on demographics there is no reason to just dumb it down.
    and yet it's being done.

it's to lower the gap

you can now be a hardcore player without trying cos they're consistently removing everything that makes you a hardcore player.

Quote Originally Posted by HawtFist View Post
    10/10 strawman and ad hominem. You're obviously the kind of poster that isn't the target audience for this forum. If thinking through an issue and having a logical argument about it is too difficult for you, you should stick to your facebook, reddit, and article comment sections. Don't force your lack of critical thinking skills on us by getting together with your shitty troll friends and attacking decent posters on this forum in every topic that mentions m+ about how superior you are without making a real argument.
    Omg the elusive white knight! What are the chances I'd find one here? What argument is there to be made that hasn't been made? It's a shitty change. Why would anyone want to gear pure single target for an entire dungeon? Why would you want to gear pure aoe? What's fun and engaging about a tank having to wear his pure defensive gear to counter 1 pull, or one boss, for an entire dungeon? Making a macro and setting a gear set isn't a subjective level of difficulty; it's just not difficult. The halftard I've been replying to initially talked about how they can now focus on balancing specs instead of trinkets and gear pieces. Do you believe trinkets and gear pieces are the reason so many specs are dead in the water for higher keys? I'm sure you do, since neither if you seem to have any idea about competitive m+. This change doesn't fix that problem, as your damsel in distress insinuated. There are your examples, since you couldn't be bothered to read the rest of the forum, hero.

Deleted
    Funny how many scrubs here applaud this change and critique the amount of "tedious min/maxing", while they probably didn't even run a key over 20. That's all that's wrong with WoW right now, noobs who push their agenda on topics that don't impact them, out of some sort of sad internet activism.

You have made an interesting argument, but not for your case. You're right that changes do add up. What you're missing is the bigger and longer-term future. While you see the changes that directly impact you (more PvP and not even remotely focused on M+ which is what this thread is about), you are missing the objectives and thus your conclusions are as skewed as the premise that leads you to them.

I remember far further back than the last 4 years. I remember back to the first set of changes that folks thought would ultimately undermine the classes and ended up being better for the game overall. Back when they made it so feral druids couldn't use strength to gain AP. Ferals found that loophole (I was one at the time) because haste didn't affect bleeds up until this expansion and strength had a higher AP coefficient. This allowed them to do substantially more damage. Unfortunately, the devs reviewing the logs saw no issue with the damage (because it wasn't an exploit or bug) and so no reason to fix any outstanding class issues. Until, fortunately, they discovered what the druids were doing and removed it. This allowed them to find and pinpoint the cause of the scaling issue. Now, just like all other specs and classes, that particular one fluctuates per expansion removing the long unknown and misunderstood scaling issue. In fact, it's a non-issue now MANY years later.

Then there was the adjustment to plate/mail wearing classes so that they gained a DPS bonus to using armor for their class. And a substantial nerf if they used something not designed for them. People had exactly the same arguments then as they do in this thread: Lack of customization and set builds. But, did it end up being the end of the world it was predicted to be? Absolutely not. In fact, it's a non-issue now MANY years later.

Enforcing the same rules on everyone allows developers to review how people are doing things. Some things either for the better for the class or for the worst for the class. Once the outlying edge-cases are trimmed off, they can then review what the strengths and weaknesses are - and fix those if necessary. Does it suck for people who found this method and are using it when that method is no longer available? Yes. Is it bad for the game overall? No.
    They're not non issue to me and sounds like fun ideas except the feral one. Balance isn't any better though windwalker monks and warlocks are fucking gods in antorus. They we'll still find a way to fuck up balancing regardless of pruning because they;re fucking incompetent hence why shit the legendary system goes live. They have a habit of recreating the same mistakes over and over again.

When did I say this was the end of the world just that changes like this add up over time and push players away.
    Last edited by Varvara Spiros Gelashvili; 2018-06-14 at 06:22 PM.