Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

No major changes for Havoc anymore until at least 8.1

They just confirmed it live on stream. No more changes because they do not have time anymore and getting BfA out is more important than to bring the classes to a good state (that is literally what they said).

Well, it was nice to have a class with double jump but I guess it's time for me to learn to enjoy a class without it, because I will not play a specc in such a broken state.
    Last edited by Accendor; 2018-06-14 at 06:22 PM.

The fuck? They took away double jump? Why?

what? No, they did not take away dumble jump, I'm just opting out of demon hunter ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    No no he means it's cool they had double jump and he enjoyed it but with the current state of havoc in beta might have to try a different class (thus losing double jump)
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    No. The OP is saying it was nice to play a class with it, but because there are no major dh changes coming the OP is switching classes and “losing” double jump.

They've gone through this cycle with every new class and I just don't get it. DK feedback was *completely* ignored in Cata beta. Monk feedback was largely ignored in WoD beta. DH feedback has been entirely ignored in BfA beta. What a bizarre way to treat a new class.

Deleted
    Well, time to get my paladin to 110 quickly, or am i going warri? Feral would be quite interesting as well. Tbh i would rather play classic out of combat rezz paladin instead of that piece of shit that is DH in BfA. This is some WoD level of bullshit right now. The product they are shiping is clearly not even close to finished but fuck that, let them players deal with our mess. This time i am actually really disapointed with blizz and at least for me that does not happen often.

Deleted
    But hey the bring out the new addon faster than a year after the last big content patch.
    Yes Bfa is now nearly on a starting-beta /closing-alpha phase and miles away from being a good rounded addon. But they bring it out

So i think 8.1 is the real Addon start for all classes.

So what to do is lvl both first my warrior for arena, than my DH to hope, to switch back in season 2 to DH.

Thy Blizzard to waste so much time in stupid things like tiny in game games and weekly events no one needs . Next time maybe invest 90% time in classes and the rest in the grafik design story and so one and maybe 0.00000000000000001% in useless shit like pet battle or other shit like that.

Wow I can't believe this is true. This is so unfair. DH is majorly undertuned at the moment. I thought they screwed us in Legion. Now they really screwed us. We should get to keep our artifact till they actually have the "the time" to devote to this class. Seriously why do we pay them a sub fee???

Quote Originally Posted by GamerDH View Post
    Seriously why do we pay them a sub fee???
    Because the alternative is not playing. If you enjoy playing WoW they kind of have you by the balls and the only semi legitimate competition they have is XIV.

Is this statement from them something of a lowering the bar of expectations, so that if they DO do something to Havoc (however minor) they come off better than if they just stay the course and do nothing until later?

If it's not, I'm struggling to find any sort of explanation that doesn't sound like a roundabout way of implying incompetence on their part.

One thing I am curious about is: Do we have any numbers on how DH is comparing to other dps? It's one thing if our talents are a clusterfork and the rotation is clunky and awkward because of the weird Fury cap, but it's another thing entirely if it's ALL of that and then we're sucking hind tit in terms of output to boot.

Also, is it conceivable that their approach to Havoc will be to keep Havoc DPS somewhat lower/subpar to compensate for the fact that Chaos Brand is going to be a significant boost to magic dps, and that it ends up being a net overall gain for the raid even if it means Havoc itself looks poor by comparison?

Quote Originally Posted by supertigerlamp View Post
    One thing I am curious about is: Do we have any numbers on how DH is comparing to other dps? It's one thing if our talents are a clusterfork and the rotation is clunky and awkward because of the weird Fury cap, but it's another thing entirely if it's ALL of that and then we're sucking hind tit in terms of output to boot.
    They are "only" talking about major changes to abilities and talens, number tuning will still be done.

Also, is it conceivable that their approach to Havoc will be to keep Havoc DPS somewhat lower/subpar to compensate for the fact that Chaos Brand is going to be a significant boost to magic dps, and that it ends up being a net overall gain for the raid even if it means Havoc itself looks poor by comparison?
    Nah, that would be like a hybrid tax which they don't do anymore. Remember, other classes got raid buffs as well.

They will do number tuning, which is good of course, but no talent tuning anymore, which is a disaster. So don't worry, you probably will do "ok" dps, you will just not enjoy doing it (don't worry, I know some of you will still like the current iteration, someone is always easily satisfied).

That is not even remotely correct. They *will* be tuning talents against each other, as they always do. This will not stop there from being an optimal build (it never does), but what build we actually end up doing will depend on how the talents are tuned against each other and what Azerite traits are available in Uldir.

What we will not be getting is any reworks or major changes to talents (unless they are literally in the next build, as the internal build that they end up talking about usually ends up being a week or two ahead of the Beta build). There are some combinations of talents that aren't horrible to play, they are just horribly undertuned right now. Just hope that one such combo ends up on top after they do balancing.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>
    "I am my scars."

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    They just confirmed it live on stream. No more changes because they do not have time anymore and getting BfA out is more important than to bring the classes to a good state (that is literally what they said).

Well, it was nice to have a class with double jump but I guess it's time for me to learn to enjoy a class without it, because I will not play a specc in such a broken state.
    ??
    Outside of a few things like Feast on the Souls being relegated to an azerite trait (and that particular case only impacts gameplay with Demonic), the overall gameplay of Havoc is very similar to live with lower average fury generation (and that's something that can be adjusted by a tuning pass).

It's one thing if our talents are a clusterfork and the rotation is clunky and awkward because of the weird Fury cap, but it's another thing entirely if it's ALL of that and then we're sucking hind tit in terms of output to boot.
    120 is a fine fury cap IMO, would've preferred 130 but playing with a 120 fury cap is okay. And yeah, it's unfortunate that there are a bunch of undertuned talents but that's not a 'downgrade' per se (live DH doesn't exactly have a plethora of talents to choose from, either).
    Last edited by Khiyone; 2018-06-15 at 04:46 PM.

After yesterday, I'm actually reconsidering maining a DH . Been playing around with my classes and decided I'd test tanking /dps by soloing dungeons .
    I was a big 'Immolation Aura' fan BUT havoc with it is a bit odd and overall fury generation was still inconsistent.
    Then I went to try "Insatiable hunger " and OH BOY it feels just like legion almost , 1 demon bite is enough to cast 1 chaos strike , no more inconsistency .
    Out of paldin,warrior,dh the demon hunter was the only class I could solo stuff in ptr right now , so yeh I'll stick to it for BFA.
    Also the numbers OMG meta damage right now is insane 5k+ crits on same level elites and I "could" be wrong but i think I saw a 10k chaos strike too !

http://bfa.wowhead.com/talent-calc/d...ter/havoc/c2Bz The build I'm using

All in all if you add the soul fragment - eye beam CD reduction trait in azerite armor the spec will be an absolute buy for me
    Last edited by valax; 2018-06-16 at 07:27 AM.

I tried Havoc and they dont know what kind of abilities to put. I dont know why is so difficult for them to take some things from the artifact and legendaries.

10+ Year Old Account

Why would they remove double jump? I can't believe they'd do such a thing to us!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Theres literally nothing wrong with us on 120. You're making a huge deal out of nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Theres literally nothing wrong with us on 120. You're making a huge deal out of nothing.
    Do you play high rating pvp or high mythik dungeons or top 100 raid?

I don't think so sry.
    Maybe for normal hc raiding or just for fun 1800 arena bfa dh is atm playable for more sry it isn't