Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    We'll be getting raid themed armor sets for a while, although it is a bid disappointing how there's just 1 set per armor type.

They'll likely be adding far more different item sets from various sources as a result though, now that they're freed up from conjuring 12 unique class sets times 4 with every raid.

I'm also hoping they'll start giving out seasonal rewards for M+, mounts and gear.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think every MMO-RPG I've played has had class sets (a lot even have class weapons). It's one of the things I think WoW did right, and it's definitely a trend that WoW cemented in the industry; sad to see it go, and rather cynical about whether or not we'll actually get more sets over the course of the expansion. I think they got burned out on designing so many, so it's fairly laughable to me for anyone to think they'd drop them to then go on to design a similar or equal amount of other sets.

Quote Originally Posted by draganid View Post
    the lack of class specific armor in bfa is pretty shitty and i feel like blizzard will backtrack on that next expansion. just feels like a weird choice considering all their harping on "class fantasy" and whatnot
    "Class fantasy" was a Legion thing. BFA is now a "faction fantasy" thing. Since its Blizzard and WoW devolopment it means they completely drop most if not all of everything outside of game systems from the pervious and knee jerk completely in the other direction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Yeah, one set only for each type of armor. Prepare to have the same look everyone.
    Because this concept called transmogging totally doesn't exist...

10+ Year Old Account
    I've got a feeling they'll add some class themed armor sets later with a similar system to the challenge tower.

Deleted
    Lil bit of rant here

First Blizz saved money by making easy talent trees. (no need to have a balance team constantly balancing the game with overly complicated talents)

Now Blizz is saving money by not having to make a tier set for every single class in the game.

Change my mind

10+ Year Old Account
    It's less work to make one set per armor type than 12 sets, so no, no more class themed armor.

So instead of having 13 new armor sets, we have 4. It's going dooown - slowly but surely.

5+ Year Old Account
    I just hope that we get a good variety of badass looking sets first and foremost.. Hopefully the breathing room will give the artists some good ideas.

I really hope there are at least variations on the "raid themed" sets. I have a ton of max level alts. I don't think I'd be apt to play a cloth wearing alt if another cloth wearing alt already has all the sets you could get.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Because this concept called transmogging totally doesn't exist...
    Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that people like to have the themed transmog of the moment Would have been better with themed gear from the instance, but like two for each armor type for example §

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by telygroar View Post
    Yeah, but it doesn't change the fact that people like to have the themed transmog of the moment Would have been better with themed gear from the instance, but like two for each armor type for example §
    Believe it or not there is more than just raiding where you can earn gear!

As someone who has been playing for close to 14 years and kept coming back to collect weapons, tier sets and such, I'm getting more and more disappointed at how much they have been cutting back for the sake of... Uuumm actually I don't know because it certainly isn't development time.

So much for them bringing back new spells to increase class identity to just have us looking like every other class within the same armor type.
    Tier sets is actually something that added to the personality of the game and made it stand out just a little bit from every other generic MMO where sets tend to look the same for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by OreoLover View Post
    "Yeah, one set only for each type of armor. Prepare to have the same look everyone. "

Would be nice if they still gave a couple types of each, when they can.
    I see less people with class armor / 910 free set armor then half naked transmog'ed people right now.