Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLachyG View Post
    i agree, Legion made a lot of improvements over the WoD system which wasn't bad. The Garrison was bad but not the missions
    The only thing I felt they made worse was that the order hall isn't self-sustaining like the garrison is. There's no missions rewarding order resources and especially no scavenger traits. Once people move into BFA and stop doing Legion WQs they'll quickly run out of resources. While the garrison is still plugging along providing easy gold, albeit diminished in quantity.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Wondercrab View Post
    Does the BfA version still require you to go to a mission table somewhere, or can you access it wherever you are? That's my major gripe with the system right now. Feeling like you always have to return to a table on the other end of a loading screen at the beginning/end of a play session is a persistent annoyance.
    Or take advantage of the two-way portal they gave many classes.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Followers are back in BfA??? Can't they get rid of this shit once and for all??

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post

Why would you get Rid of it? Its easy money and something else than always farming and grinding.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by AnonEntity View Post
    I just asked a friend to be sure, it's very much the same mission table system. Now I totally agree to you, we can already do this with the app, so why not allow it to be done on the fly ingame. You can't use the app simultaneously either, it will log your char off if you do.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, slightly diverging from the original topic: The pruning of abilities and numbers in BfA might go too far.

WoD had excessive resource generation via garrison, and 20-25 out of a gazillion followers you couldn't customize.
    Legion has 6/7 out of 9/10 possible followers, and troops, some partly to be exclusively recruited ingame by physically walking there. Massive gold influx, but no resources anymore.
    For BfA every class gets the very same followers (4), there is no 5th special class/race specific champion or something like that I am aware of. But maybe that was an early beta thing and they fleshed this out by now?

I would have very much liked my own COMMAND SHIP, garrison light style. No harmful excessive passive resource generation. I would curb even gold income somewhat and try to spice up mission rewards. Maybe integrate them into treasure hunt quests.

But hey, that ship has sailed... let's see what we will get instead of my musings.
    Hopefully we'll get our own ship in 8.1/8.2. On Topic, 4 followers and no bodyguards? That's just.... COME ON!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    While the garrison is still plugging along providing easy gold, albeit diminished in quantity.
    I'm stupid... how exactly?

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Hexweave bags, garrison resources converted to Draenor materials, occasional rep items / ogre caches dropping from missions that can be sold on the AH, etc.

It's not a lot of money. There are optimistic posts on reddit talking about setups that value a single garrison at ~35k or something per month, but those setups are pretty time intensive (several hours per that same month), so I personally don't see much value. Hexweave bags is about the extent I'd go to.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    Hexweave bags, garrison resources converted to Draenor materials, occasional rep items / ogre caches dropping from missions that can be sold on the AH, etc.

It's not a lot of money. There are optimistic posts on reddit talking about setups that value a single garrison at ~35k or something per month, but those setups are pretty time intensive (several hours per that same month), so I personally don't see much value. Hexweave bags is about the extent I'd go to.
    well, the bags were the only things I thought of
    imo the rest isn't worth (atleast on a high pop server)

Quote Originally Posted by Inimini View Post
    Why would you get Rid of it? Its easy money and something else than always farming and grinding.
    Easy money for everyone = price increase for everyone. Economy 101.

So it's useless.

7+ Year Old Account
    The mission follower system is likely one of the best new systems designed in WoW. Even in WoD the system itself was good, Garrisons weren't bad in and of themselves, it's everything around them that sucked. When the follower system is working WITH other content in the game, it turns out to be fucking amazing, like it was in Legion, I enjoyed leveling them and gearing them up and having this small minigame to play along a ton of content to do with my actual character.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

only poor peasant are against the table =D
    dont miss the gold train guys !

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Now that's bad :/
    Meme reaction much?

Legion's mission and follower system was great.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    You can just opt out of using it. Assuming you have free will.

And no, it'll never go away seeing as how WoW tokens are now an integral part of the game, and as such Blizzard must offer ways for less gifted players to generate gold to pay for a sub. Either sit on the benches bitching, or utilize the methods given.

- - - Updated - - -

The only thing I felt they made worse was that the order hall isn't self-sustaining like the garrison is. There's no missions rewarding order resources and especially no scavenger traits. Once people move into BFA and stop doing Legion WQs they'll quickly run out of resources. While the garrison is still plugging along providing easy gold, albeit diminished in quantity.

That's what made the Order Hall mission system work.

Designs seeing players going out into the world and being active >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Designs where players can just hide away in their own instance for 2 years and never have to leave.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    That's what made the Order Hall mission system work.

Designs seeing players going out into the world and being active >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Designs where players can just hide away in their own instance for 2 years and never have to leave.
    Sorry to burst your bubble but if they don't nurf the class hall missions I will be able to make gold with my alts without leaving their class halls

Quote Originally Posted by Zardin View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble but if they don't nurf the class hall missions I will be able to make gold with my alts without leaving their class halls
    You didn't burst any bubble, sorry. I have 2 expansions backing me up.

And they will nerf them. They already did once with making Blood of Sargeras missions cost exactly the resource value of the bloods.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Zardin View Post
    Pretty sure (as in 99,9%) that the gold missions from the OH will have their currency altered just like the gold missions from WoD did. Well that or they'll be removed.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The biggest and best improvement in the garrison/mission table would be making it server-faction-account wide. All your ally (or horde) toons visit the same place, can have buildings similar to WoD garrison, and the toons you're not playing could be like the npc's wandering around doing things. BS would be at the forge pounding out shoes for your mounts, and so on. One set of missions for your server/faction/account, instead of 3,5,18 or however many you play.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

As in combat allies? While their technology was heavily improved with Legion I still found they had a tendency to get in the way, particularly those with really big mounts.

Quote Originally Posted by rarhyx View Post
    Ore, dust, fur, and leather are still selling nicely on my realm, 50g from the sack of gold per blood. Keep missions going, grab barn and trading post to consume resources, profit.

- - - Updated - - -

If you never left your garrison for 2 years that's on you. There was plenty to do in Draenor. Please don't perpetuate senseless memes.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Ore, dust, fur, and leather are still selling nicely on my realm, 50g from the sack of gold per blood. Keep missions going, grab barn and trading post to consume resources, profit.

- - - Updated - - -

If you never left your garrison for 2 years that's on you. There was plenty to do in Draenor. Please don't perpetuate senseless memes.
    And I did all of those things. Preaching to the choir there.

Most of my time spent playing that expansion, was still spent in old content. Draenor had an objectively small amount of reasons to play, even for someone like me. And Garrisons were designed to facilitate isolation whereas the Order Halls are not.

Gotta say I actually liked the WoD system WAY more than Legions. At least it did offer some customization and variance, and more gameplay stuff that came with. You had a ton of new followers you were collecting like <strike>slaves</strike> pokemon, you could choose which you liked and make a team that suited your theme. Some followers had personal quests, you had many bodyguards to choose from, their abilities were different and worked with the rest of the Garrison system (which sucked balls, sadly). Even the tiny nuance like the followers weapons leveling together with them gave you a purpose to see what next stick will your follower equip. As for a lot of micromanagement required - bullshit. Addons did that for you, and when I couldn't be arsed I just didn't do it on multiple characters. That simple.

Legion simply stripped all the cool stuff away. No more choices, you're using pretty much all of your cast at the same time. No more finding them in the wild, seeing them improve etc. Just get some lore characters so you can feel important. Here, Mage, grab Kalecgos, he's going to wipe your ass from this point on. And you Warrior, you can command freaking Hodir, yeah, cool, don't worry that he is just a texture you don't interact with. At this point the system felt like a mobile freemium app, but without even the slightest of fun and sparkle they usually come with. Just barebones busywork you need to do on every alt to get through Order Hall Campaign.

Draenor had an objectively small amount of reasons to play, even for someone like me.
    *Buzzer* WRONG. The only people who believe this are those who went down the list of content, scratched off things they didn't like as 'not content', and then complained there wasn't enough to do. Tanaan alone took over two hours to complete everything, not counting weekly things like Kazzak.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Legion simply stripped all the cool stuff away. No more choices, you're using pretty much all of your cast at the same time.
    One caveat to this is that you can't use your whole roster. It felt super super weird to me as I completed my campaign. "I've recruited some of the most powerful and well known druids in the world. Which ones do I make sit on the bench?" We seriously should've been able to use all the champions we'd recruited.