Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    If you think DH is in a bad place that's fine. BUT... Ion has a team of trained professionals working on it, looking at gameplay, data, and information from a LOT of people over a long time. Chances are they're right and you're wrong.
    Check my posts about dh at page 13 and 14 they cant fix issues of dh's clunky gameplay just with number balance.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    You have a very strange definition of finished.
    Does it work? Does it do what it is currently intended to do? IS everything there? it is finished.

Just because they plan to change something does not mean it is not finished.
    Minecraft released, it was finished but constantly had massive changes after
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    If you think DH is in a bad place that's fine. BUT... Ion has a team of trained professionals working on it, looking at gameplay, data, and information from a LOT of people over a long time. Chances are they're right and you're wrong.
    Neither are wrong or right. Blizzard is just not accepting the feedback or just has no time which is quite unacceptable. Havoc, Enh, Ele & SP are in a bad state and need work done. but apparently we'll have to wait until 8.1 which is stupid.

Leave the carrier? But it has just arrived!
    Joking aside, not sure why you want him fired, the game is fun and most classes are fun to play. That perfect balance focus is for serious esport, which WoW never became. Nobody should care if a spec is overall 2% more efficient than a different one in the same role.
    Mother pus bucket!

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Does it work? Does it do what it is currently intended to do? IS everything there? it is finished.

Just because they plan to change something does not mean it is not finished.
    Minecraft released, it was finished but constantly had massive changes after
    Does it work? No, not really. Enhancement doesn't even really have AoE right now and their talents are an absolute mess.
    Is everything there? No, it isn't. Both shaman DPS specs lack utility and survivability. Elemental is lacking massively in mobility. In the very same interview Ion said they wanted all classes to bring utility, so where is the shaman's utility?

"The team wants to make sure there is a reason for all of the classes to feel special. Everyone getting some passive throughput buff isn't a great solution, no one really feels special."

So, what makes shamans feel special other than having their needed changes shoved off to a later patch?

Shaman DPS is very much not finished.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by solidhammer View Post
    It frustrating but you deserve the fired by blizzard. We dont need to 8.1, 8.1.5 or 8.2.5 for play our favourite class as a complated real class.

Im not accepting your sorry which you said we have no time for more testing.

We gave you thousand of feedback and you ignored all and never give us communication. (For example i didnt see single dh blue post since 6 month)

You tottaly failed class design and i hope you lose your game developer career tottaly because of ruin our classes

Ion's last words before mess:

-The window for any major spec changes is rapidly closing. An example of major changes is Fury Warrior or Balance Druid changes recently, major overhauls of a rotation or spells.
    -The team doesn't want to make major changes that won't have time for feedback this close to release.
    -The focus needs to shift to basic balance and tuning changes for launch.
    -Feel, pacing, complexity and other rotation feedback is ongoing, but soon the target will shift to changes being put in Patch 8.1.
    Enhancement Shaman, Elemental Shaman, Shadow Priest have been talked about recently.
    -It's frustrating, but any more major changes will probably have to wait for a patch.

Hhhh'Ok.

Chad(Ion)... we can't do this anymore.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

The saltiest calling other people salty. Lol.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

I also don't like how they filter questions on there and at Blizzcon. They are far too cowardly to answer real questions from the fans. I just like when they can answer questions without having a canned response ready.

Which carrier is he with?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Wow.

It's clear and concise feedback. There are two threads with 8+ pages.

- - - Updated - - -

Then what exactly were they fucking doing?

80% of specs went 5 months without changes.

Why did sweeping changes start happening 2 months from release?

Did they finally realise Azerite was a total fucking failure?
    Doh Scarecrow, your thread was better than this one, and not as terribly written by op.

I agreed with what you wrote 100%

It is an unfinished product...

So I paid for the preorder...for nothing.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Here's what the mods just deleted to try and protect poor Ion:
    Oh you figured it out, the mods have an agenda to protect the OverLord or something.

You don't like what is going on then vote with your wallet. There isn't much else you can do about it.

One thing that annoy me to an extrem point is that they said, in the past, something along the lines of "For a big class rebalance or change, we need a major patch, we cannot do it in a .5 patch." Then the next round number patch happen and they said "We cannot do that in a patch, it will have to happen next x-pack" And now they saying "We dont have enough time to do what we want to do, so you'll have to deal with it and wait for a patch to fix it all"

We're just going in circle again and again and again.... >_>
    Cant somebody somewhere do their freaking job? At my job if i dont finish it correctly i might get fired, but it's apparently not an issue at Blizzard....

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yunaqt View Post
    Buh-Bye Ion

Reference.
    VVVVVVVVVVVVVVV
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Dude you need a new game to play. The title shows how ignorant you are to how wow works or how successful hes been

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post
    Which carrier is he with?
    T-mobile, BfA class changes didn't start til a few weeks ago because every time he tried to call the Lead Class designer his calls got dropped.

so its Ions fault the class devs arent doing their jobs?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Here's what the mods just deleted to try and protect poor Ion:

Pretty sad to see things head this way after Legion.

It's pretty frightening when the Lead Game Designer does a live Q&A in front of hundreds of thousands of paying customers and basically says:

"We know many of the specs are shit. Sorry lol. We're releasing the game anyway. You will need to wait for a patch."

I got a small sliver of hope when I saw the sweeping changes to Balance and Fury.

But then again - they were done 2 months out from release. How were they going to get around to fixing the 10+ other specs that are in dire need of attention.

Pretty fucking shocking to see them admit their failure.

Apparently the age old saying of "You'll have to wait until the expansion to see a rework" is dead now. Because they can't even deliver that.

It really begs the question:

What exactly was the Class Design team doing for the first 5 months of Alpha/Beta? These problems were reported within 2-3 weeks of Alpha going up.

When did Class Design become their lowest priority?
    Really, why is anyone surprised by this? They've already got "Pre-orders are ahead of projected values" with no chance to get a refund due to players already having accessed allied race(BfA) content. They already know they've got the vast majority of idiots by the short hairs, so why WOULDN'T they say "too bad, deal with it"?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    As Game Director...actually, yeah, it kinda is. What do you think his job is? ROFL!
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2018-06-15 at 03:12 AM.

Um, he's the one in charge, so yes.

What exactly do you think a game director does?