10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I thought people started getting infracted for posting that dang login screen earlier this year
    Embrace the meme!
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

The best news is that the "Freehold Theme" is actually Boralus's theme. I'm 99% sure it is at least.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    WOw, the lack of a true fullscreen mode is driving me crazy.

You see, there's this break line in the refresh rate of the screen. I always had this issue, but not in fullscreen mode. Now that the option is gone, the break in the screen is really really distracting.

Does anyone have any solution for it?
    Prayer that they allow actual full screen once again.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Prayer that they allow actual full screen once again.
    That is a Direct X 12 thing, an Direct X 12 doesn't support the old native fullscreen. But I don't see how you couldn't have it with Direct X 11. That is up to Blizzard I guess unless their is some other limitation.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

i found the log in screen music meh i doesnt resemble the old ones a lot

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainhard View Post
    i found the log in screen music meh i doesnt resemble the old ones a lot
    You feel the non Russel touch to it, unfortunally. It wasn't bad, they're all great composers, they're just....different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arbs View Post
    I clicked this hoping it was my fav log in screen. Didn't disappoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Might aswell cross it off anyway.
    Every time I click a link in this thread I expect that and click to see if I'm right, the same way I click youtube links hoping to be right about being Rick Roll'd.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

I like that the theme is slightly more original, and also really appreciate that it's more "calm" than Cata, WoD, or Legion while still having 'big' moments.

I love Russell Brower's music, but Neal Acree, Jason Hayes, and others 'veterans' are still working on the music and have written some of my favorite themes. (Although I think there's a lot of collaboration between all of the composers.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhomeli View Post
    I like that the theme is slightly more original, and also really appreciate that it's more "calm" than Cata, WoD, or Legion while still having 'big' moments.

I love Russell Brower's music, but Neal Acree, Jason Hayes, and others 'veterans' are still working on the music and have written some of my favorite themes. (Although I think there's a lot of collaboration between all of the composers.)
    Same! I love how calm the intro is, it's such a change from the others, even Mists had a loud noise to start off even though it was less intense than the others.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Hmm. Just read the last 20 pages. Seems almost all the negative nancies got themselves banned. May the era of joy last eternal.

I've finished reading the Before the Storm book. I actually quite liked it. I still hate the theme of the expansion. But it was a good book, and gave insight into many things, through the perspectives of many many characters, both famous and commoner. It actually expanded onto the lore. I liked it tons more than the War Crimes book.

The Light clearly has plans for Calia Menethil. The Naaru Saa'ra certainly knew how all the events would transpire, by the foreshadowing prophetic words it gave her about her future. And yet it did nothing to change that fate. Making Calia an Undead got framed as a positive thing. Despite being Human, she wanted to be there for the Forsaken people of Lordaeron. As a Human, that was an impossibility. Becoming undead will allow her to do so, as she now walks in their world. While that may benefit Calia's aims, it is quite clear that the Light has set this up purposely. As she will definitely be serving as its instrument during these pursuits.

Where that leaves Calia, I am uncertain. As the heir to Lordaeron, there are really only 4 options here.
    1. Blizzard will forget this plotline and leave it hanging without mention, possibly picking it up in the distant future if they think of some use for it.
    2. Calia will usurp Sylvanas and take her rightful role as Lordaeron's heir.
    3. Calia becomes the Forsaken racial leader so Sylvanas can keep her focus on the position of Warchief of all of the Horde.
    4. Calia will found her own Allied Race.

3 is an impossibility. The events with the Desolate Council make it clear that Sylvanas will never allow anyone to have leadership over her people that isn't either A: A copy of her perspectives, priorities and will in every aspect. B. Under her complete control. She'd never allow a Menethil to take over for her. Especially one she previously killed. And is blessed with the Light. And has been painted already as a would-be usurper.

4 has my vote for now. It's already noted Light Forsaken have white eyes instead of yellow, so there's visual differences. And it could be the perfect way for Blizz to give the often requested Forsaken Paladins, and Forsaken without bones sticking out, to the players. Combine these with Cyborg Junker Gnomes as their counter-part and you've got 2 more races sorted with a sub-type.

As for the Q&A, it's too bad Blizz is sticking to spec-bound artifacts. But being able to transmog any weapons into your artifact is a nice feature.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pepe The Frog View Post

this posted yet?

- - - Updated - - -

And yes that is login music.
    Oh damn, thats creamy. It's a new kind of thick milky for WoW

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wow, actually, my hype just got rejuvenated from that

Quote Originally Posted by Caerule View Post
    4 has my vote for now. It's already noted Light Forsaken have white eyes instead of yellow, so there's visual differences. And it could be the perfect way for Blizz to give the often requested Forsaken Paladins, and Forsaken without bones sticking out, to the players. Combine these with Cyborg Junker Gnomes as their counter-part and you've got 2 more races sorted with a sub-type.
    I will honest to god eat something inedible if these aren't our two next Alliance allied races. It just lines up with SO much of what we've seen:

1. All the "Junker Gnome" files in the database, including the "Junker" cyborg prairie dog
    2. The weird foreshadowy Gnome area in Boralus with HD gnome materials everywhere
    3. The seemingly random Uther tomb update that they actually HID AWAY
    4. Kul Tirans having all their mentions of paladins being scrubbed away (to boost the Paladin theme of these new holy undead)

It doesn't flow very well but it's very unique.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Theme was decent. Better than the Legion one at least, that violin at the start got real tiring after awhile, along with awkwardly mixing in the legion theme with the classic login theme.

And wow, the mods really struck down the ban-hammer on this thread the past hour lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    It doesn't flow very well but it's very unique.
    Kind of what I felt. There are some really cool themes in there; especially the beginning. However, they all kind of just start at odd times instead of flowing into each other.

10+ Year Old Account
    All the music is good, but seems like they just mixed 4 or 5 samples together and called it the log in screen music.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    All the music is good, but seems like they just mixed 4 or 5 samples together and called it the log in screen music.
    Have you never listened to previous expansion themes all the way through? They're always primarily a medley of expansion/zone music.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Any chance the login screen is changed at all for Battle for Azeroth.
    For the Horde!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGuitars View Post
    Have you never listened to previous expansion themes all the way through? They're always primarily a medley of expansion/zone music.
    Idk maybe ive never noticed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    Any chance the login screen is changed at all for Battle for Azeroth.
    Not yet. 10 chars

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    I thought people started getting infracted for posting that dang login screen earlier this year
    Only one I know of that's been infracted for that login screen is me for posting it outside of this thread.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Oops... someone mark off Bjoramier getting banned.... do we get extra points cause Argus is too?
    The more players who post in this thread that get banned, the more points we should get, lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post

And wow, the mods really struck down the ban-hammer on this thread the past hour lol.
    Yeah, best be on our best behavior.