Deleted

Warmode and RP Realms

If you are on an RP server and turn on War Mode, you will see players from your server in the world. You can still see people from different realms if someone from your realm invites them to a group.
    Damn. This was to be expected, wasn't it? But it absolutely defeats the purpose of War Mode on RP realms.

Let me explain. I rolled on the "Defias Brotherhood et al." RP PvP servers, since their faction balance was really good. Alright overall population, sorta. Plus, there's RP and I like that. But I barely ever meet anyone when I level up.
    Now I thought War Mode would fix this and I'd enjoy some PvP when leveling alts. Apparently not!

If you are playing on an RP realm, you'll stay stuck with the players on your server. No PvP shards full of bloodthirsty Alliance and Horde, all around your level and ready to go but rather just who happens to be playing on your server at the moment. Like in ye olden times.

Again, one could've totally seen this coming. I guess I'm just frustrated that the main attraction of War Mode, the PvP, will be almost nonexistent until you get to Zandalar/Kul'Tiras... if you're playing on an RP server.

RP servers actively lobbyed for not being CRZ'ed with everyone else. You got this on yourselves.

This is a good thing. Most RPers do not want to be phased with other RP servers, let alone other non-RP servers. I want to fight with the people I know on the server.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    RP servers actively lobbyed for not being CRZ'ed with everyone else. You got this on yourselves.
    I can't understand why someone who rolled on an RP server would find this a bad thing.

The whole point in RP servers is to play with other RPers who want to experience the game the way you do. I wouldn't want to be CRZ'd with people from regular realms just because I turn on War Mode.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirie View Post
    The whole point in RP servers is to play with other RPers who want to experience the game the way you do. I wouldn't want to be CRZ'd with people from regular realms just because I turn on War Mode.
    They could phase you with the other RP realms, but even that is apparently quite frowned upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumrocks View Post
    Damn. This was to be expected, wasn't it? But it absolutely defeats the purpose of War Mode on RP realms.

Let me explain. I rolled on the "Defias Brotherhood et al." RP PvP servers, since their faction balance was really good. Alright overall population, sorta. Plus, there's RP and I like that. But I barely ever meet anyone when I level up.
    Now I thought War Mode would fix this and I'd enjoy some PvP when leveling alts. Apparently not!

If you are playing on an RP realm, you'll stay stuck with the players on your server. No PvP shards full of bloodthirsty Alliance and Horde, all around your level and ready to go but rather just who happens to be playing on your server at the moment. Like in ye olden times.

Again, one could've totally seen this coming. I guess I'm just frustrated that the main attraction of War Mode, the PvP, will be almost nonexistent until you get to Zandalar/Kul'Tiras... if you're playing on an RP server.
    Actually at Blizzcon they said that RP people will be grouped with other people from RP realms BUT if there are not enough players with War Mode on you will be put in a shard with people from other realms. And I think it is zone based so it might as well finally fix your problem. Also, I am not a hardcore RPer just casually while questing, but the reason I chose to play on a RP realm (Argent Dawn EU Alliance) is because the world feels so alive... I keep meeting people everywhere in low level zones and new zones as well. Sometimes I see Kingdom RP in some random castle, etc. I once met cave explorers in a cave in Swamp of Sorrows. They let me join them and we had some fun 3 hours worth of RP. So you shouldn't worry imo.