... LastLast

What are we paying $50 + $15 for?

No class balance at launch
    No raids at launch
    No allied races at launch
    No mythic+ at launch
    No PvP seasons at launch
    No flying at launch

And they're asking us to fork out an additional month's of subscription fees while these features are still locked until 8.1 and beyond? This expansion has cash grab written all over it. At this rate, patch 8.1 should be the official launch date of the expansion.

None of those things were ever shipped at launch.

We've been sorely overpaying for WoW for a while now. Feels great to fund garbage like HotS or Overwatch, eh?

10 addiotional levels.
    Upgraded professions.
    Island expeditions.
    New dungeons.
    Two new continents.
    I missed alot of things but those should be enough for anyone.

But hey you can quit if you dont think that's worth 50 euros.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    We've been sorely overpaying for WoW for a while now. Feels great to fund garbage like HotS or Overwatch, eh?
    Overwatch has like 10 times more players compared to wow, alot smaller team working on it and microtransactions. Very successful esport that actually makes money.
    Last edited by Corroc; 2018-06-15 at 09:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post
    EVER?

Flying used to be at launch

New races or ckasses whiich allied races come closest to yep at launch

Raids? Prettty sure a few easy ones have been at launch before

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    EVER?

I think it was cata that started the delayed raid launch but to be honest it is only two weeks.

Flying is one of the worst things to come to WoW. I don't think it should have ever been added.

Raids, M+, and PvPs all release about a month after an expansion drops so people can catch up and don't have to rush to get prepared. Its not new.

Sadly classes being utterly unbalanced isnt new either. Shaman is typically unplayable for first tier or 2 of an expansion, and spriest is pretty bad as well. Personally I'm done dealing with this company.

Quote Originally Posted by Corroc View Post
    Overwatch has like 10 more players compared to wow, alot smaller team working on it and microtransactions. Very successful esport that actually makes money.
    You're nuts if you think Overwatch paid for itself and the absolute mountain of money they are pouring in it right now to get the league off the ground. It's not terrible terrible, but it's still garbage from my pov. My point was that I paid around $400 just for access to WoW since Legion came out and more of that money went into other projects.

Paying the money is not the problem. But do I feel like Blizzard rewarded me with $400 worth of entertainment in the game? Nah. The choice is binary. I'd be more than happy to pay $200 for the last 2 years, but the only other option is not having access at all if I like to log in a couple times a month.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Entertainment. Quite simply if you don't like it stop paying for it.

You're nuts if you think Overwatch paid for itself and the absolute mountain of money they are pouring in it right now to get the league off the ground. It's not terrible terrible, but it's still garbage from my pov. My point was that I paid around $400 just for access to WoW since Legion came out and more of that money went into other projects.

Paying the money is not the problem. But do I feel like Blizzard rewarded me with $400 worth of entertainment in the game? Nah. The choice is binary. I'd be more than happy to pay $200 for the last 2 years, but the only other option is not having access at all if I like to log in a couple times a month.
    These events are sponsored and earn a lot of money for Blizzard that will be used to develop the game and create new events and tournaments. Only because you pay for WoW doesn't mean Blizzard is ONLY ALLOWED to develop WoW and has to kiss your feet and ask you what You want for the launch of BFA.

EVER?

Yeah, they moved flying to pathfinder since Draenor, which people may agree or not agree with. However, BfA is certainly not the first. Raids, M+ and PvP are slightly delayed so that people do not feel a need to rush leveling to not be left behind.

I mean, it's not like these features were scrapped altogether. If someone has an issue with them coming a month later, they are free to freeze their acc for that time and no harm done. That actually sends a message to blizz and if enough people do it, maybe they change their approach. Much more effective than a forum post.

And if allied races come closest to new races, we already got half of them and two more ship with the game iirc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seraknis View Post
    [...]
    Backing up your comment, Sorrior, currently Emerald Nightmare is the only entry-level raid that has been gated behind. The rest of the entry-level raids were released at the respective expansion launches.

Edit: Point made by @Eleccybubb, WoD's Highmaul & MoP's Mogushan Vaults was also delayed. Whilst Emerald Nightmare & Highmaul had several weeks upon being available, only Mogushan Vaults had a one week delay.
    It started in MoP.
    Last edited by Sesshomaru; 2018-06-15 at 10:13 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    Entertainment. Quite simply if you don't like it stop paying for it.
    That would be too easy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by styil View Post
    No class balance at launch
    No raids at launch
    No allied races at launch
    No mythic+ at launch
    No PvP seasons at launch
    No flying at launch

And they're asking us to fork out an additional month's of subscription fees while these features are still locked until 8.1 and beyond? This expansion has cash grab written all over it. At this rate, patch 8.1 should be the official launch date of the expansion.
    Then don't pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nutrition View Post
    I think it was cata that started the delayed raid launch but to be honest it is only two weeks.
    It didnt. That was MoP. Cata started Day one, or basically right after the Leveling phase was over for the world first guilds.

Also, it probably wont be just 2 weeks, but rather 4 weeks like we had in WoD and Legion. At least its enough time to reroll from enhancement shaman to another class that is actually fun and balanced enough to play.
    Last edited by Darleth; 2018-06-15 at 10:09 AM.
    Sometimes streaming on Twitch.tv, leave me a follow or a message if you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    *tips m'fedora*

M'lady if you would be so kind to slob me knob seeing as I held this door open for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshomaru View Post
    Backing up your comment, Sorrior, currently Emerald Nightmare is the only entry-level raid that has been gated behind. The rest of the entry-level raids were released at the respective expansion launches.
    Nope.

Highmaul didn't open until December 2nd.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15142455399

Mogushan Vaults...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-raid-schedule

No raid since MoP has been available on the day of the expansion launch to enter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Nope.

Highmaul was released with 6.0 but didn't open until December 2nd.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/15142455399

Mogushan Vaults...

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/ne...-raid-schedule
    My memory is really failing me today, thanks for correcting it.
    Just want to point out, however, that Mogushan Vaults was available (albeit at normal mode) one week after launch, as opposed to Highmaul & Emerald Nightmare.

10+ Year Old Account
    $15 a month for three games I love playing. That's $5 a game per month. Add $50 every two years? Takes the total up to <$7.50-ish(?) a month per game.

I'm okay with that.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

All the teams that came in to Overwatch League had to pay 20 million buy-in fee. You do realise that you are paying for server upkeep also? not just for the entertainment.

My favorite part of the monthly subscription fee is paying $180 a year to play and receiving lots of content in return Kappa123