Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Something different. I like it. Not a fan of the legion version apart from anduin's theme

I don't mind getting a theme that feels more unique and is more distinct from the previous ones. But really? This doesn't even sound like a theme. Just a bunch of annoying sounds and random music parts glued together into something messy. I feel sorry to criticize it so bad, I love WoW music. Old and new and I like the actual ingame music for BfA. Like a lot. But this is just tragic. I will give it a few more shots though, but the first impression is incredibly BAD.

Didnt like it. Russell Brower did a better job.

Composition sounds like it has musical schizophrenia. On top of that, it's just a wall of sound for the first couple of minutes. It's just layer after layer of noise.

Listening to it a couple more times, I think that's the main issue - they'd sometimes put the melody in there but some composer on their roster went : "WE NEED TO BURY IT IN CHANTS. NO, MEN'S CHORUS - NO, SECOND PART FLUTE HARMONY" and whatever melody that was supposed to represent that segment ends up getting thrown under.

The segment from 7:00-8:00 or so is an exception and more typical of their standard pieces.

The whole vanilla soundtrack was just phenomenal. They started out with really noticeable melodic lines you could follow and were just powerful. I'm not sure what's going on here. The ambience pieces from vanilla made better themes than what we have now.

So basically people only comment negative things these days? Reading mmo-champ these past few weeks, it feels like the world is ending.

OT: I like it, it's a bit different yet feels familiar, good stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    Maybe I just missed it on my first listen, but I really wish this had been included in the medley:

Love that cinematic, and the music is the reason that makes it so good.

Music is the thing in the game that I think is always awesome. Even in WoD. Legion got it as well. Highmountain, Suramar and Azsuna are my favorites. Before the Storm is okay. But BfA got some awesome music in it, some of the best ever. The one in my signature is pure gold. Part of it was in this one. And the Freehold/Kul Tiras music is also awesome.

As a daily Soundtrack listener, I find it beautiful and I like it.

Reminds me of pirates of the Caribbean.

A lot of people are complaining that we're so negative, but honestly - it's just our opinion. I can like the expansion without fully loving every part of it - same surely goes for you. To me, this login screen theme sounds annoying and arrogant, the lack of Russell Brower is clear here. People comment positive and negative things here, which is...what it should be? Echo chambers of positivity are stupid.

Deleted
    It's a bit overcomposed at some parts

I like that they included Warcraft (movie) soundtrack too (1:40)

10+ Year Old Account
    Not as cacophonic as previous works... still quite generic... it lacks a strong essence and identity, but maybe more listens will change it...

Deleted
    Only a few minutes in and this is incredible!

Worse theme music ever in WoW on my opinion. First time I gonna disable music before logging off.

7+ Year Old Account
    Not really interesting theme for me (except of few parts). Nothing can beat the original Legends of Azeroth (Vanilla theme). Still after all these years, when I hear Legends of Azeroth, chills are running down my spine. It was the concentrated epicness describing both wildness/dangerousness and beautiness of Azeroth perfectly.
    Last edited by Spiren; 2018-06-15 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    It's... better than Legion. That's really all I can say about it. It might grow on me over time but right now, apart from a few bits and pieces it doesn't really do anything for me.
    I feel the same. Finally change to Legion's theme and it's tolerable piece . At least Zandalari part is stunning as usual.
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

The beginning is way to "noisy" but I love the part that starts at 6:20 (Kul'tiran theme).[

this sounds like when my windows glitches and music goes on repeat.

There's simply too much going on in any single moment. It gets better in the second half but it doesn't "flow" from one part to another like Legends of Azeroth or WotLK one did.
    Also, I really liked how most WoW title themes incorporated well known pieces from previous themes. This one... it sounds kinda generic.
    I wouldn't have even guessed its a World of Warcraft title music if anyone just gave it to me to listen.
    Last edited by ARhaine; 2018-06-15 at 11:59 AM.

Good theme overall, my only pretension is that they botched Legends of Azeroth theme a bit, just where Anduin theme rolls in.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Some good and bad passages. Chaotic start and yet another remix of Legends of Azeroth... Definitely prefer the later half of this from the pan flutes and on.