Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SaLiSs View Post
    Yeah but she wrote him into a corner with this. Either he "does the right thing" even though judging from her story all he's guilty of is being a shitty person or he denies it and she provides "evidence" of him being a shitty person.

Either way he's going to look like a shitty person, besides already being judged by a plethora of people who don't wait for evidence.

The thing that bothers me about this is, it's not a crime to be a shitty person. He didn't force himself on her, didn't abuse her physically and she allowed him to do so mentally. Did she really need to write it publicly? What was the point... a warning?
    Hold it. "Wrote him into a corner"? If she has evidence it's because something actually happened. In which case he wrote himself into a corner. And he'll look like a shitty person because he was a shitty person. Don't be foisting that on her. Yes, that's often why people don't attempt to go to the authorities. Just because something is technically legal doesn't make it right. And in those situations simply letting people know is the better course of action. You seem to be taking issue with the fact that she was willing to take coercive shitty behaviour public. Why? If she has evidence, what's the problem?

Now if she's not got anything (since I know someone will bring that up), then when he denies it, she'll have no recourse and she'll look foolish. I'm reminded of what happened to Sam Seder at MSNBC. Mike Cernovich was shown to be maliciously attempting to take a sarcastic tweet out of context in order to make him look bad. Sam was initially fired (employers are one group that need to be patient) but was brought back with an apology. Cernovich is now even more irrelevant than before.

Quote Originally Posted by Just1c3 View Post
    I'm not, nor did I at any point, condone anything. All I actually said, was that my SUSPICION, is that it looks bad for this guy.
    O rly? Your first post in this thread screams otherwise. Particularly the last 3/4ths, where you've already condemned him and are questioning whether or not this will "taint" your enjoyment of him from the past. <massive eye rolling>

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Oh I do know him. I'm his next door neighbor, and we were best friends in school until I discovered his love of tender young flesh. You read it on the Internet, ergo it's true. I have plenty of evidence, too, though I'm not going to show it to you or anyone. But trust me, I have it. Not that I need it at all, because just accusing him of this crap is proof enough for him and everyone like him.

Again, if COSBY can do something bad, anyone can. So he's without question a bad, bad person.
    /rolleyes. Funk, the analogy failed some time ago. You can stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    Hey that's the chick from those Max Landis superman/wrestling videos. So hot.

Sucks that she let some manlet dominate her this hard. At least it's currently popular to go public about the time you were too stupid to leave an abusive relationship. Good for her.
    you know sometimes you just gotta step back and ask yourself are you happy? maybe if you are happy you could stay but most likely if your are not happy you should just find love else where. idk people don't go for love any more they just shack up. but this doesn't surprise me they live like they are in hillbillywood california.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    O rly? Your first post in this thread screams otherwise. Particularly the last 3/4ths, where you've already condemned him and are questioning whether or not this will "taint" your enjoyment of him from the past. <massive eye rolling>
    Dude. You're reading something into his post that really isn't there. And you're being oddly aggressive about it. Do you resemble Hardwick or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sooba View Post
    /rolleyes. Funk, the analogy failed some time ago. You can stop now.
    No, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it failed.

But it's hilarious that you're condemning Hardwick for what this chick wrote (or that he, somehow, wrote, seeing as how you claimed he "wrote himself into a corner"; apparently words don't mean the same thing to different people in your universe). Yet this Justice guy writes something even more moronic, but hey -- let it go, man, it's cool; he shouldn't be called out for his behavior. Only Hardwick should. Amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

Dude. You're reading something into his post that really isn't there.
    https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49570101

I fucking linked to it. I'm not "reading something into his post that really isn't there." It's black-and-fucking-white.

Quote Originally Posted by Justice with stupid numbers I can't be bothered to type
    Now I've gotta go through all this again. "Does this retroactively taint my enjoyment of all his previous work?" "Can I separate his personal life from his body of work?" "Am I still allowed to watch and like new shit he comes out with, or does that make me a monster if I can remain a fan?"
    The guy has already condemned him and is already trying to figure out a way he can overlook that condemnation.

Funk, please just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, just because you don't agree with it doesn't mean it failed.

But it's hilarious that you're condemning Hardwick for what this chick wrote (or that he, somehow, wrote, seeing as how you claimed he "wrote himself into a corner"; apparently words don't mean the same thing to different people in your universe). Yet this Justice guy writes something even more moronic, but hey -- let it go, man, it's cool; he shouldn't be called out for his behavior. Only Hardwick should. Amirite?

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...1#post49570101

I fucking linked to it. I'm not "reading something into his post that really isn't there." It's black-and-fucking-white.

The guy has already condemned him and is already trying to figure out a way he can overlook that condemnation.
    I haven't condemned Hardwick once. You are reading things into posts that aren't there. I said If she has proof, then he wrote himself into a corner. Are you actually incapable of reading if-then statements? It's kind've crucial to being able to discuss hypotheticals. Smarten up.

I went back and read his comment in its entirety. And once again you are most definitely reading something that isn't there. And now you're trying to misrepresent his comment to me. Or did you miss the
    Quote Originally Posted by Justice
    I hope he didn't do this. But he's... unfortunately not the first person who's been revealed as a secret bastard, so... idk anymore.
    That's a clear example of being unsure. He's not condemning, and at this point you've sunk to trying to misrepresent.

Quote Originally Posted by Exigent View Post
    Funk, please just stop. You're embarrassing yourself.
    No, I'm not.

But hey, I saw you (my former secret gay lover) commit a murder yesterday at 3:45 behind the Crab Shack on 5th street. I even have proof, but I'm keeping it to myself for now because, you know, it'll keep you from trying to claim otherwise. You read it on the Internet, there's details, and since Cosby did a bad thing, it must be true.

Sorry, I left out the important bit: "But IDK."
    Last edited by Doctor Funkenstein; 2018-06-15 at 12:52 PM.

It all sounds like the ramblings of a bitter ex-girlfriend.
    Just because I don't agree with you doesn't mean I support the other side.

I haven't condemned Hardwick once. You are reading things into posts that aren't there. I said If she has proof, then he wrote himself into a corner. Are you actually incapable of reading if-then statements? It's kind've crucial to being able to discuss hypotheticals. Smarten up.
    No. He hasn't WRITTEN anything. Perhaps you're thinking of the phrase "painted himself into a corner" in a figurative sense? But he hasn't written shit. She has, which is what the person you were replying to actually wrote, because she did: She wrote him into a corner, and he only has a few options available to him to counter the currently baseless accusation (since she refuses to share any alleged evidence).

Again: Words mean things.

I went back and read his comment in its entirety. And once again you are most definitely reading something that isn't there.
    No, I'm not. You're just eager to defend him because you were doing the same bullshit in this thread he was. That's what's transparent.

But IDK. (I'll just add that to the end of all my posts, since that seems to be the new "just kidding" or "lol" for today.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gael4 View Post
    I don't get it... If all she has on him is that he is a shitty person, then people will only consider him a shitty person. Although I disagree that forcing your partner to have sex isn't a crime, if she has nothing on him committing a crime he will not go to jail.

You are saying that we shouldn't call out (very) shitty persons on their behavior. Why exactly ?? If you treat others like less than animals you shouldn't expect leniency in return...

The point of writing it publicly is letting people know that he is a shitty person ? Really hard to wrap my head around your position.
    Hold it. "Wrote him into a corner"? If she has evidence it's because something actually happened. In which case he wrote himself into a corner. And he'll look like a shitty person because he was a shitty person. Don't be foisting that on her.
    You're both right of course but him being a shitty person or not isn't really relevant to any of us. I'm not defending him but it's none of our buisness. He didn't commit any crime so looking for closure this publicly when you know in this day and age it pretty much ruins any person accused guilty or not. I'm sorry to say this but who cares about random peoples relationship issues? Just because one of them famous..

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    See on one hand, it's an empty accusation from someone I've never heard of about someone else I've never heard of, with no supporting evidence or anything else.

On the other hand, a lot of rich fuckheads are cunts to people and treat them like shit because they can and those people don't want to get off the gravyboat or just get used to the abuse because it means they don't have to get a real job or anything so it's better to deal with it than deal without it. Shit absolutely happens a lot.

Sooo I don't know either. I mean I don't doubt it could happen, it definitely fits a common profile and is easy to believe...buuuuuuut women also lie about bad shit for sympathy/attention/money so whatever. Not like I can really do anything either way except be suspicious both of rich arseholes and women that put up with their shit to get something, which I already am and don't really believe anything they say.
    Paladin Bash has spoken.

Seems to me you're making a few assumptions too early. She has said she has evidence. We'll need to see how this plays out to see if that proves to be untrue. You've said there's no evidence when she's clearly said there is.

- - - Updated - - -

Wrong application. Mokoshne is talking about supporting Dykstra, not about tarring-and-feathering Hardwick. Giving someone emotional support does not require the second. Often in such situations, before the dust settles, it's important to have such a split approach.
    As someone who actually has been the victim of sexual assault, I have seen time and time again that women/men/whatever make claims about it to get their 3 minutes of fame, to later realise "woops shouldn't have made a false claim".
    So, unless any evidence is provided I will not support people making claims they cannot back up.

Damn. And I liked his work a lot too. It was even sort of inspiring in a shitty, Hollywood sort of way. Hopefully my generation stops making garbage piles famous. There's got to be equally talented people that aren't also horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by zebreck View Post
    Damn. And I liked his work a lot too. It was even sort of inspiring in a shitty, Hollywood sort of way. Hopefully my generation stops making garbage piles famous. There's got to be equally talented people that aren't also horrible.
    inb4 Sooba and the others say this guy hasn't already condemned him, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think it is best to support the victims
    A victim implies a guilty assailant. Guilt has not been proven. Not saying it's the case here, but should someone you love be imprisoned or have their lives ruined over a falsehood, you would approach things differently. I hope.

10+ Year Old Account
    This kills the Walking Dead

Pun intended.

Also because we know the major cast members that are dying in the next season as well as when they are.
    10850k (10c 20t) @ all-core 5GHz @ 1.250v | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra Gaming | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 1TB M.2 OS/Game SSD | 4TB 7200RPM Game HDD | 10TB 7200 RPM Storage HDD | ViewSonic XG2703-GS - 27" IPS 1440p 165Hz Native G-Sync | HP Reverb G2 VR Headset

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. He hasn't WRITTEN anything. Perhaps you're thinking of the phrase "painted himself into a corner" in a figurative sense? But he hasn't written shit. She has, which is what the person you were replying to actually wrote, because she did: She wrote him into a corner, and he only has a few options available to him to counter the currently baseless accusation (since she refuses to share any alleged evidence).

Again: Words mean things.

No, I'm not. You're just eager to defend him because you were doing the same bullshit in this thread he was. That's what's transparent.

But IDK. (I'll just add that to the end of all my posts, since that seems to be the new "just kidding" or "lol" for today.)
    Oh my goodness. You are trying so hard. You do realize the "in the corner" phrase came from SaliSs, right? Someone from your side of the argument. That's why I put it in quotes and then used it. I know it was a mixed metaphor but rather than be an asshole and correct his idiom I chose to communicate with him anyway. So now you come along to try and correct my use of English, completely oblivious to the fact that I was using his turn of phrase politely. In short, you're being a complete asshole and trying to find somewhere, anywhere to feel superior. It's pathetic.

You could have saved yourself that embarassment had you bothered to read, but you didn't. Instead you bulled ahead and acted like a twat. Yes words mean things. You're best off reading before you open your mouth and make a fool of yourself.

And again, no. I was using If-then statements, because as you said "words, they mean things." You've conveniently evaded that truth and are now committing argumentum ad infinitum. Just repeatedly saying "yes you did!" over and over.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    As someone who actually has been the victim of sexual assault, I have seen time and time again that women/men/whatever make claims about it to get their 3 minutes of fame, to later realise "woops shouldn't have made a false claim".
    So, unless any evidence is provided I will not support people making claims they cannot back up.
    The stats do not support your assertion.
    Last edited by Sooba; 2018-06-15 at 01:27 PM.

Oh my goodness. You are trying so hard. You do realize the "in the corner" phrase came from SaliSs, right? Someone from your side of the argument. That's why I put it in quotes and then used it. I know it was a mixed metaphor but rather than be an asshole and correct his idiom I chose to communicate with him anyway. So now you come along to try and correct my use of English, completely oblivious to the fact that I was using his turn of phrase politely. In short, you're being a complete asshole and trying to find somewhere, anywhere to feel superior. It's pathetic.

You could have saved yourself that embarassment had you bothered to read, but you didn't. Instead you bulled ahead and acted like a twat. Yes words mean things. You're best off reading before you open your mouth and make a fool of yourself.

- - - Updated - - -

The stats do not support your assertion.
    Congrats. I am still waiting for airtight proof and evidence.