Poll: Do you think what Robert De Niro said was appropriate?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 31 of 31 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    And apparently, my "waxing" has given you so much trouble, you can't even make a cohesive argument.
    I'm not troubled by tired generalizations, stawmen and conspiracy bs. That's why I won't comment on it.

Also, you think Kim Jong Un, while in the presence of the USA, would keep himself silent throughout the entire meeting? No. You wouldn't keep silent, either.
    That is not what I meant and I have a feeling you know it. No need to stay silent for the whole meeting but certain things are better not said at all. Are we playing dumb again?
    Last edited by zorkuus; 2018-06-14 at 12:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    Hey, there's another reason to dislike him. how about that?
    Trump said Kim is a great man who loves his people. See anything wrong with that statement?
    Maybe because he's trying to create good diplomatic relationship with Kim? What did you expect him to do? Start spreading democracy?

Quote Originally Posted by TehTemplar View Post
    Maybe because he's trying to create good diplomatic relationship with Kim? What did you expect him to do? Start spreading democracy?
    Keep his mouth shut and stick to the issues of the meeting. There's no good reason to bend over backwards to a brutal dictator.

I love President the Peacemaker Trump

Hey it's the whore who wants to destroy public education. Smile everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Bobby boy is drunk again I see.

- - - Updated - - -

You don't count for 75% of the world. And it is obvioulsy not 75% in the USA or he never would have gotten elected in the first place.

51% of the population vote in your Russia backed elections. 24% of them voted for trump. Thus 75% of the voters didn't vote for trump.

Math are hard for trumptards.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    These Hollywood multi-millionaires, that live in their giant mansions in guarded, gated communities, are going to tell the average US citizen how it is again, hm?
    You just described Trump. His sole qualification is being a famous TV star.

i just see a grown man throwing a tantrum like a teenager.

hollywood is pathetic. their opinions are worth about as much as their shitty, soulless movies.

Quote Originally Posted by ipaq View Post
    51% of the population vote in your Russia backed elections. 24% of them voted for trump. Thus 75% of the voters didn't vote for trump.

Math are hard for trumptards.
    Usual taking points from the libtards. There is no evidence of voter fraud in the 2016 election, much less Russia did anything to it. Hilary lost because she is a criminal that was spared prision by one of Obama's cronies in James Comey when he overstepped his authority and the fact she showed herself to be nothing more than Obama 2.0, which people were tired of.

L

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    Nothing but liberals preaching to their choir. Wake me up when they start to at least try to get other voters to their side. Trump is winning because the liberals keep sticking to their guns no matter what, eve if they're not getting votes.
    Liberals don't even know what their platofrms are anymore because all they do is bash Trump and don't even bother speaking on what they would do. The more they do what they are doing, the better off Trump is.

7+ Year Old Account
    Usual taking points from the libtards. There is no evidence of voter fraud in the 2016 election, much less Russia did anything to it. Hilary lost because she is a criminal that was spared prision by one of Obama's cronies in James Comey when he overstepped his authority and the fact she showed herself to be nothing more than Obama 2.0, which people were tired of.

L

- - - Updated - - -

Liberals don't even know what their platofrms are anymore because all they do is bash Trump and don't even bother speaking on what they would do. The more they do what they are doing, the better off Trump is.
    So you admit trump is a liar?

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    So you admit trump is a liar?
    I was talking about Russia and tilting the vote to Trump. That is what is being investigated and Mueller still has no evidence of it. Trump's allegations haven't been investigated at all.

"without any remorse or consideration of his responses."

Yeah that's celebrities alright,they know nothing of the outside world and barely reach triple digit IQ all put together

Being against someone is a thing,covering your ears and screaming when they try to respond is another

Quote Originally Posted by Huulo View Post
    You just described Trump. His sole qualification is being a famous TV star.
    Uhh, he is a real-estate entrepaneur. He did that for decades prior to becoming a TV star. He has many of year experience running a business.

- - - Updated - - -

A far left site? Not a lot of credibility there.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    "without any remorse or consideration of his responses."

Yeah that's celebrities alright,they know nothing of the outside world and barely reach triple digit IQ all put together

Being against someone is a thing,covering your ears and screaming when they try to respond is another
    Why are you talking about trump?

- - - Updated - - -

I was talking about Russia and tilting the vote to Trump. That is what is being investigated and Mueller still has no evidence of it. Trump's allegations haven't been investigated at all.
    Do you need to see a chiropractor? Backtracking so quickly must have given you whiplash.

Movieman is on a suicide mission FOR HIMSELF

Uhh, he is a real-estate entrepaneur. He did that for decades prior to becoming a TV star. He has many of year experience running a business.

- - - Updated - - -

A far left site? Not a lot of credibility there.
    He inherited a business, and drove several others to bankrupcy. The point still stands. If Trump, a celebrity, has the write to his opinion, why doensn't any other celebrity?

And how is it relevant that the vox is what you describe as "left wing?" Credibility is based on facts, not based on whether you agree with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    No I just think it's very unclear. Just saying look at everything he's done isn't specific enough.

I would like to specifically hear the main reasons those Hollywood types dislike Trump. What exactly are they up in arms against?
    That is a good question, and De Niro has previously been a bit clearer https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000134/...k_qt_sm#quotes - but I didn't see a super-clear explanation of why.

De Niro's disliking quotes about Trump are both general:

"I said that because he (=Donald Trump) said that about somebody, that he would like to punch them in the face. How dare he say that to the crowd? How dare he say the things he does?" https://youtu.be/IrXS8jNh58I
    "America's being run by a madman who won't recognize the truth ... When he doesn't like what he hears, he dismisses it by saying it's un-American and damning it as 'fake news.' But we know the truth."

and specific for the movie industry:

"I've been thinking about this a lot lately because of our government's hostility towards art. The budget proposal, among its other draconian cuts to life-saving and life-enhancing programs, eliminates the National Endowment for the Arts, the National Endowment for the Humanities and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. For their own divisive political purposes, the administration suggests that the money for these all-inclusive programs goes to rich liberal elites. This is what they now call an 'alternative fact,' but I call it bullshit. I don't make movies for 'rich, liberal elites. I've got my restaurants for that. I - and all of us speaking here tonight - make them for you."

If someone could find a better statement from De Niro about why he dislikes Trump it would be great; others have clearly formulated why in better ways. It's sad that instead of political debate people are flinging derogatory nick-names at each other: "lowlife-in-chief", "very Low IQ individual", "pig, mutt, idiot", "punch drunk".
    Last edited by Forogil; 2018-06-16 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Clarified