Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrahxis View Post
    You know can revert to the old busted looking models in the current game right?
    No, you cant. You can use the old skins, but not the old models (animations). I like the current skins, I just don't enjoy most updated skeletons.

Classic will kill retail.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Pretty sure you can't do that for a while now. Ever since 7.3, so almost a year.
    You still can. It might just be one of the options hidden behind an addon because I was doing it recently. The only exception iirc is night elves now always use their new models because the old models can't support demon hunter animations.

I believe a major reason for classic servers is to realign the current WoW team with what had made WoW a success in the first place.

So it is true, they are recreating vanilla experience inside new client/server.

Personally it's disappointing to me that they're going with 1.12.

Molten Core/Blackwing Lair/Ahn'qiraj will all be fairly silly with 16 debuffs and Naxxramas class redesigns. Like ridiculously fast kills.

Much of the early gearing process will be irrelevant as well, which will also mean rapid gearing and destruction of the most of the game's raid content.

Also, no opening of Ahn'qiraj
    Last edited by Nitros14; 2018-06-15 at 08:04 PM.

I said it would be modernised.

Good luck running it on your Windows XP PoS you purist filth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Classic will kill itself.
    Fixed that for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Pretty sure you can't do that for a while now. Ever since 7.3, so almost a year.
    They killed it because they kept adding new stuff and just didn't want to keep the legacy support up for shit barely anyone was using.

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    Someone once argued to me that being able to see further than you could in vanilla would ruin the classic gameplay experience.
    Someone else once argued against colour blind options and the move pad.
    Well good. Means they won't be playing this version.

This is really good news. Cant wait to get off private servers.

Just looking at that old Fireball entry makes me want to go take a shower. Because that is just gross. Wow.

This really baffles me. Why would they straight up lie to us? They told us repeatedly that one of the core reasons they couldn't make a classic version was because the data was long ago written over. Now they admit they have archived versions of it that they booted up with other bits thrown in. Ugh. Now I feel like a moron for defending them when they said they didnt have the code and that they would never do classic.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2018-06-17 at 01:50 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

What is even the point if we cannot participate in the opening of the gates?!!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Personally it's disappointing to me that they're going with 1.12.

Molten Core/Blackwing Lair/Ahn'qiraj will all be fairly silly with 16 debuffs and Naxxramas class redesigns. Like ridiculously fast kills.

Much of the early gearing process will be irrelevant as well, which will also mean rapid gearing and destruction of the most of the game's raid content.

Also, no opening of Ahn'qiraj
    Thats not the 1.12 client. All of what you listed are things that blizzard can turn on/off or edit server side. And has nothing to do with the base in which they build the game on.

Only thing this affects are talents, which can be countered by increasing health and damage things does.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Just looking at that old Fireball entry makes me want to go take a shower. Because that is just gross. Wow.

I can't imagine all the other entries for every single item, mob, spell in that format lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Classic was amazing for what it was but honestly even with all the technical problems stripped away there's still so much fundamentally wrong with it. The easiest analogy I can provide is having a junker hatchback car when you're in highschool, and you think it's amazing and great but the car is a total PoS. Eventually you grow up and get a career then buy yourself a luxury sedan. You then, a few years later, trade that great car in for an exact copy of your old crappy high school car (that runs slightly better due to a minor tune up)..... it still doesn't have power steering or better fuel mileage, it has a cassette deck (or possibly an 8-track) instead of satellite or even a CD deck. no gps, nothing.... and the AC probably doesn't work. Plain dumb, no one, that isn't a complete idiot would do that.

And before any dumb "it has character" responses pop up, no, old and busted doesn't automatically mean character and your piece of junk highschool hatchback isn't a cherry roadster or classic hotrod, it's a piece of crap.

As someone who studies this subject (Anyone can understand this anyway), figures why vanilla was so unstable, laggy and such... Those tables are awful and inefficient haha
    New models make much more sense obviously. They have lots of work ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    No, you cant. You can use the old skins, but not the old models (animations). I like the current skins, I just don't enjoy most updated skeletons.
    Wow, okay my bad you have nit-picked me into defeat. I meant you can use the trash skins. If you really want garbo animation yeah you can't get that in the current game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thrahxis View Post
    Wow, okay my bad you have nit-picked me into defeat. I meant you can use the trash skins. If you really want garbo animation yeah you can't get that in the current game.
    That's a matter of opinion.