Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    Classic will kill retail.
    lmfao no it won't. The vanilla lovers are just a very loud minority. I was part of classic and that shit sucked. I have no desire to play through toxic dungeons/raids again, grind to max level because quests only took you to 58, and having entire specs completely useless and unplayable in pve.

Yeah. And people will also live on Mars tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    lmfao no it won't. The vanilla lovers are just a very loud minority. I was part of classic and that shit sucked. I have no desire to play through toxic dungeons/raids again, grind to max level because quests only took you to 58, and having entire specs completely useless and unplayable in pve.
    Cool no problem with that.
    Go sit in a capital city and cry because you have nothing to do while trolling in the trade chat with anal joke

What a colossal waste of resources.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRevenantHero View Post
    Prepare to be surprised. Very surprised.
    Classic's success will shock the gaming industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Asotcha View Post
    I can't imagine all the other entries for every single item, mob, spell in that format lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dekkers View Post
    Prepare to be surprised. Very surprised.
    Classic's success will shock the gaming industry.
    They are going to be so suprised they are going to start moving to Classic.
    Then cry all over the forums because it's too hard for them. Then the shit will start.

Quote Originally Posted by Justpassing View Post
    Oh god cue 50 pages of classic will kill retail...
    I'm more amused recalling comments from some people, and not even here, that they're expecting it to release at Blizzcon, and they're gonna spend 2019 standing on the bridge in Ironforge getting admired by awestruck players.

This is pretty far from a releasable product. 2020...maybe. Beta, maybe. They're not even going near time frames here, except "we have a lot of work to do".

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Antero View Post
    What a colossal waste of resources.
    I don't think the team is that big, and they're not taking away from other teams to do this. Blizzard is big enough that they can have a small team work on this, and not effect anything else.

I just want to know what the payment model will be!

I'm guessing you just pay a monthly fee and have access to both ... but I hope you can just do classic for less than $13-15. Otherwise, I'll stick to GW2 (the price is right).

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems like a lot of work for something that's probably going to be a ghost town in 3 months.
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean that's really the best approach you can realistically expect as far as which version to run with. They'll just gate the actual content behind server-side changes. Interesting to know whether they'll even bother with traditional patches outside of content updates though and if this will have an impact on overall progression length which is a finite experience.

Guess it depends on how much work they want to put in to it. Will we start MC with 16 debuff slots and buffed 1.12 characters or will they still follow a faithful patch cycle barring bugs and exploits being ironed out from the start?

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Personally it's disappointing to me that they're going with 1.12.

Molten Core/Blackwing Lair/Ahn'qiraj will all be fairly silly with 16 debuffs and Naxxramas class redesigns. Like ridiculously fast kills.

Much of the early gearing process will be irrelevant as well, which will also mean rapid gearing and destruction of the most of the game's raid content.

Also, no opening of Ahn'qiraj
    All vanilla raids were always going to get utterly destroyed because players are a lot better/more knowledgeable now then they were all those years ago.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Roxyfoxy View Post
    Thats not the 1.12 client. All of what you listed are things that blizzard can turn on/off or edit server side. And has nothing to do with the base in which they build the game on.

Only thing this affects are talents, which can be countered by increasing health and damage things does.
    They said they're doing patch 1.12. I assume they mean 1.12 in every way. I doubt they start retuning raids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    All vanilla raids were always going to get utterly destroyed because players are a lot better/more knowledgeable now then they were all those years ago.
    Sure, but even more so like this. Stupidly so.

Post 1.10 - so we don't get the real Alterec Valley. This makes me sad, although it's not the end of the world I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

lol, good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Pretty sure you can't do that for a while now. Ever since 7.3, so almost a year.
    The CVar was never removed. You can still switch models.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Cool no problem with that.
    Go sit in a capital city and cry because you have nothing to do while trolling in the trade chat with anal joke
    My bet is this - it will be popular at release, because nostalgia, and it's something new.

I'm giving it 6 to 8 months for the servers to be ghosttowns.

Players today won't play vanilla like it was played. Everything is "go go go go go go" now, completely datamined, botted, and nobody is going to take 4-5 hours to crawl through UBRS, and deal with the final boss, and getting a hunter who can kite the dragonoid. They're gonna bum rush all the content, expecting to chain pull, and wipe their asses off, and ragequit. A bunch of tryhards will game their way through AQ and just sit in capital cities and sneer at everyone. Nobody is gonna grind Hydraxian rep to deal with Onyxia, or grind fire resist. Chat is going to be 1000000 more of shitshow than it is now, and who the fuck wants to sit in a city chat for 4 hours looking for tanks for Dire Maul? Or take the HOURS it takes to clear old school dungeons, let alone raids. Scholomance is longer than most raids - and in parts, were harder, as raids back then were mostly just DPS pressure with simple tactics.

The current day WoW players don't play that game. They play the current wow, which doesn't support the old game play, either. It's going to be brutal. I'm gonna laugh my balls off as the wheels come off this. But hey, you wanted it, you're getting it. And, you get to pay to do it.

The first graveyard run on the first Molten Core wipe is gonna be fucking hilarious. "ARGHIFUCKINGQUITHOWDAREYOUMAKEMERUNFROMTHEGRAVEYARD!"

I'll be honest, it would be great to see the original Alterac Valley again, or the Onyxia event in Stormwind. But overall...nobody is gonna like it. None of the quality of life improvements, all of the suck.

Yeah, it's totally gonna kill retail. Kill it with the sniveling and complaining, more likely.

6 to 8 months. Tops.

Whoever thinks classic was amazing clearly have never played it. Enjoy questing, farming, and doing (1:30hrs) 5 man dungeons forever cause you can forget making 40 ppl to show up for raid.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    So it is true, they are recreating vanilla experience inside new client/server.
    A few operating systems are long past end of life which the original WoW client ran on. This is kinda a no brainer.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    This read baffles me. Why would they straight up lie to us? They told us repeatedly that one of the core reasons they couldn't make a classic version was because the data was long ago written over. Now they admit they have archived versions of it that they booted up with other bits thrown in. Ugh. Now I feel like a moron for defending them when they said they didnt have the code and that they would never do classic.
    Well to be fair, alot of people at my office think that old files are no longer available after they deleted them or replaced them with newer versions.
    When in fact those files are most likely still present in backups. Recent files can be restored easily, but very old files (1 year or older) are on backup tapes and it takes more effort to restore them.

And lets not forget that WoW is like 14 years old or something. In those 14 years, the backup system was probably changed 2 or 3 times. And the people who were operating them at the time are likely no longer working there.
    Last edited by Nozuka; 2018-06-15 at 08:53 PM.