Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I feel like the people not paying for it are the ones we will be better off without anyway.

I have a feeling those are the kind Blizzard can't please no matter what.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You didn't fully read the article then. Some of that stuff can still be in it because at the bottom it says:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Additional modern improvements will include modern anti-cheat/botting detection, customer service and Battle.net integration, and similar conveniences that do not affect the core gameplay experience
    Achievements, transmogs and all of that doesn't effect *core* gameplay experience. You *might* think it does, but *most* do not.
    Literally none of that implies achieves or mog... It implies behind the cutting stuff... Yes I mean it still could but those two things who the hell cares, they are optimal and they dont effect the gameplay. But again they are not coming so.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

A bit disappointed, but for what it is to be expected. Still, it's Classic.
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post

I have no faith that they will balance the raids, release the content progressively, keep old AV, keep realm only BGs, do anything that makes fucking sense for the Classic experience.

New tech is expected. I don't like battle.net features, but no way around that. But starting with 1.12 design is going to really fucking destroy the progression. I do not trust that they will balance the old raids appropriately.
    And I would have no faith in their abilities to rebalance them if they Tried to. Odds are they would have failed miserably at it, misrepresented classic, and pissed everyone off in an attempt to satisfy a handful of people. Better that they let Classic be Classic rather than try to "fix" it.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    If you read the actual post it will launch with only molten cors. Then over time move forward. Thing is it will use a 1.12 client like private servers do. So... Learn to read.
    I think I missed that part, mind pointing out where in the blue text it says that since i'm having issues finding it?

Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    exactly private servers are free, classic surely wont be. if im going to pay, it should be a better experience, and it wont be.
    They are also buggy, slow and prone to corruption, cheating and theft. You get what you paid for and those servers ain't worth it even at the price of "free".

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    This thread literally proves Blizzard can't win sometimes.
    Can't please everyone sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You didn't fully read the article then. Some of that stuff can still be in it because at the bottom it says:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Additional modern improvements will include modern anti-cheat/botting detection, customer service and Battle.net integration, and similar conveniences that do not affect the core gameplay experience
    Achievements, transmogs and all of that doesn't effect *core* gameplay experience. You *might* think it does, but *most* do not.
    Oh don't be so bloody facetious. You know perfectly well what they mean by that statement and pretending otherwise is just stupid.

5+ Year Old Account
    It's more like a glass of water thrown into the face of those that thought they will abuse bugs and will progress for months. I'm glad they go with remastered version.

The only reason why I want classic is actually for them to release a Burning Crusade version after this. I hate classic and won't bother with it cause it's meh imo but I would quit retail and main BC if they are going to continue this.
    Last edited by Dudas; 2018-06-15 at 09:06 PM.

There is upwards of 500 spells players can use. Then change that into all of their different rankings. Then change that into every single balance patch fix. Then oh yeah every single spell every single NPC uses too, and then compensate that for any balance fixes that changed them.

Seriously do you even fucking know how many spells there are? A fuck ton of hidden shit goes on behind the cutting, look at the mass walls of strings we get for a minor patch every week to the beta.
    ok? and? liek is aid, we ARE paying them, they have people on staff, and this would take place over the course of what.. 2 years? its really not asking much.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    They are offering the fact that armchair russian scammer developers wont run off to pay their mothers car insurance with the money from donations ending up in server wreckage.

Or, the same idiots, paying the same scammers money over and over to relaunch a server every few months for the last 10 years.

Only reason WoW Classic is even launched is because it will produce lots of $$ with minimal workforce, because 98% of it is ready.
    On top of this, its a blizzard experience quality wise. No lag outs. No server crashes. No corrupt developers giving shit out to their friends lol. That in itself is worth paying for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    It's more like a glass of water thrown into the face of those that thought they will abuse bugs and will progress for months. I'm glad they go with remastered version.

The only reason why I want classic is actually for them to release a Burning Crusade after this. I hate classic and won't bother with it cause it's meh imo but I would quit retail and main BC if they are going to continue this.
    I agree. They were never going to leave the original fucking bugs in. It's basic quality control standards.

Or use the original servers.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    please tell me there wasn't actually people being legit about getting a older rig just for it.
    No changes reeeeeee

Sure they could, if they wanted to put a lot more effort in and literally re-release classic and go through its patch cycle.

No money or desire for that on their end I'm sure, but they could win.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel like the people not paying for it are the ones we will be better off without anyway.

I have a feeling those are the kind Blizzard can't please no matter what.
    "Hey you are going to bring out a less buggy, less scam, bot, cheater filled, better matinenced server, officially supported, single concentrated product that has no worry of wiping your character, or just going offline? Better then others have before... And you want us to fucking pay for it!?"

As I said. The classic community will be the ones to kill classic, cause most of them were fine with pirating, so why stop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitros14 View Post
    Sure they could, if they wanted to put a lot more effort in and literally re-release classic and go through its patch cycle.

No money or desire for that on their end I'm sure, but they could win.
    Nah because I bet you some people would still piss and moan like two year olds about it.

Literally none of that implies achieves or mog... It implies behind the cutting stuff... Yes I mean it still could but those two things who the hell cares, they are optimal and they dont effect the gameplay. But again they are not coming so.
    Just because it doesn't *imply* anything doesn't mean it's possible. It implies anything and everything that fits the category. Just because *you* don't want it doesn't mean it's not coming or doesn't imply because you said so.

You have to remember that they use broad terms like this for a reason so it encompasses a lot of stuff if they wanted it to. Just not what narrowminded people want it to be.

This is the best news I've heard today.

1000% stoked.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NihilSustinet View Post
    ok? and? liek is aid, we ARE paying them, they have people on staff, and this would take place over the course of what.. 2 years? its really not asking much.
    Except it would, I dont think you even fucking understand... How much extra work you want to put on blizzard for literally no fucking reason other then your little ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Projectmars View Post
    And I would have no faith in their abilities to rebalance them if they Tried to. Odds are they would have failed miserably at it, misrepresented classic, and pissed everyone off in an attempt to satisfy a handful of people. Better that they let Classic be Classic rather than try to "fix" it.
    If they go with 1.12 and don't balance around the new abilities, the endgame will fundamentally be ruined. They should have had progressive patch releases, even though the balancing was poor for the first iterations. This is nothing but private servers +

Doesn't this mean early content is going to be a fair bit easier than it was? Doubled debuff slots, and IIRC, classes were buffed quite a bit between launch and the last patch.

Except it would, I dont think you even fucking understand... How much extra work you want to put on blizzard for literally no fucking reason other then your little ego.
    umm what? it would be to make the game fun. make the game feel like classic. i dont know what my ego has to do with it. you didnt refute what you quoted in any way. this would be a good time to stop talking before you make yourself look any more stupid.

MMM your salt. Feed me your salt about how Classic is ruined.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coombs View Post
    If they go with 1.12 and don't balance around the new abilities, the endgame will fundamentally be ruined. They should have had progressive patch releases, even though the balancing was poor for the first iterations. This is nothing but private servers +
    If you wanted that be prepared to wait at least another two years for it to launch