Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Tf your warfront group cant even hold 1 base. Pure hell, 30 minutes in and dude asks whats the wood for...
    "Why are you tying me to it now? And what is that torch for?"

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post
    Man, I am not trying to get into any long-drawn-out back and forths, too tired from that in the High Elf threads lol

All I'm trying to say is:

1) Your suggestions are pretty outlandish, and I don't see those scenarios happening at all with the way the game's been.

2) I personally don't find those scenarios proposed appealing.

3) If Calia really is as neutral from what the book said and you're making her out to be all about her people then she wouldn't side with either faction ever, let alone the one that doesn't include the same type of government she's used to.

You throw some really bold scenarios out there that I don't think Blizzard would ever have the intention of doing (ie making Alliance "become evil"). Does Blizzard pull some surprises every now and then? Yeah they do, but most of their characters tend to act the same way as they've always been since their introduction. The character developments are very slight. And in terms of Faction development, as in the core faction themes, those are even more slight in development.
    I get that. And I won't drag you into it any further. I would like to say this:

This is what -I- would like to see. Because I think it would be interesting. If you don't find it appealing that's fine, and we can disagree on that basis. I just don't like having my thought process dissected 'cause no one ever really knows what I'm thinking but me, and people have a tendency to ascribe their own perspectives and motives to me that are just... not there.

So. We cool. =-3

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't want Alliance to become evil(Inb4 someone tries to troll me about that). I also don't think bringing Uther back(In the context of Undeath or...White eyes Forsaken or bloody whatever Calia's state is). I just think it's bad treatment in the character. It also isn't the same as someone referenced Bolvar, or Arthas and Ner'zhul.
    To this I say "Morally grey". Yeah, I know. It's a buzzword. They are having sylvanas do some clearly fucked up shit with some clearly fucked up outcomes and regardless of her motivation she's still acting pretty damned evil. I'm just trying to figure out how they're going to make things anything but black and white.

Having Calia step in to rule the Forsaken would add some clear Noble Motivations to their leadership position, which could muddy the waters a bit. Similarly, having Tyrande go overboard after Malufion's near death and the destruction of Teldrassil could shift her into an "Evil" position while Stormwind, Exodar, Etc, remain good and noble high horse riders. Similarly, the Lightforged are already showing signs of fanaticism between Turalyon in the book and their Primary Healer in BFA.

It's just a matter of time before the Soap Opera continues. I'm just saying how I'd like to see the world turn.

*Edit* Holy shit. 1 more post until I hit 3,000?!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I don't want Alliance to become evil(Inb4 someone tries to troll me about that). I also don't think bringing Uther back(In the context of Undeath or...White eyes Forsaken or bloody whatever Calia's state is). I just think it's bad treatment in the character. It also isn't the same as someone referenced Bolvar, or Arthas and Ner'zhul.
    If you want to be evil, the horde is there for you 8) #memesfordayz
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

10+ Year Old Account
    Right now on the PTR, Argus rare elites are easily soloable in 30sec (with deactivated artifacts)

Can we stack AP now on live, to have tons of gold once prepatch is out ?
    Personally I don't give a $ about AP now, so... I'll try
    Last edited by Valysar; 2018-06-15 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I'm just trying to figure out how they're going to make things anything but black and white.
    You're putting way too much thought into it when there's a simple answer: They won't. Everything will be black and white because that's all they can do.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post
    Right now on the PTR, Argus rare elites are easily soloable in 30sec (with deactivated artifacts)

On Beta atm the bigger the AP the more price the token. I had a couple smaller tokens in my bag when I did character copy and there was a gold discrepancy (as there probably should be)
    Khadgar: Prepare to heroically CTRL-E through the portal with me!

Quote Originally Posted by Hooky View Post
    yeah wow cool..how about raising the valor cap consider WoD isn't that far away? 1000 valor points gets u a lollipop and kick in the nutsack these days! Back in my day we could get a bucket of candy and a pet ferret with that sort of points!
    Quote Originally Posted by Herecius View Post
    QUICKLY FRIENDS, TO THE HYPERBOLEMOBILE!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    I wouldn't be so quick to nay say anything that could possibly happen. No one knows....and it's just speculation, nothing written in stone or otherwise. I just don't get the automatic "No! They mustn't make the Alliance evil!" Oh dear lord and heaven forbid! What the hell have they been attempting with the Horde...for how long? I don't play Alliance, don't really like Alliance....but whatever happened to the old saying "What's good for the goose is good for the gander?" Don't want to be the gander? Kind of fun to be the goose
    I'm not saying they can't do it. I'm just saying there's nothing pointing to it.

Plus it's not as easy to say something like "Horde's been kinda "evil" so the same must happen to Alliance" that's not how it works. Horde's only "evil" or coming off like that because it currently has a very ruthless Warchief, and not just that but the structure of how the Horde is built is what allows it.

Alliance is pretty diplomatic, yes there's the whole Human and friends & Human potential memes, but what I mean is the structure of the Alliance isn't built to where one sole ruler just commands all.

Anduin, from what I know so far, hasn't shown any signs of being ruthless (I haven't read Before the Storm yet so if this happens in there I apologize) but nothing about his character so far has come close to the likes of Garrosh during MoP and Sylvanas now.

This is why I'm saying I don't think Blizzard has that intention, there's just nothing showing these signs. Can it come out of the blue? Sure can, but I haven't, to my knowledge so far, seen anything that is making the Alliance head toward in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Xu Sheng View Post

No, you can't stack them. As in, they can't be stacked, so your bags are going to fill up quickly. The sell price isn't that impressive, either.

After giving it a day to sit, I think I like the new BFA main theme music more. The beginning feels so Warcraft to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomchicken View Post
    If you want to be evil, the horde is there for you 8) #memesfordayz

/insertgifhereofIonsayingtheHordeisthereforyou /10chars
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Well with nothing too do I can just listen to this while I am just chilling...

Jeez so much epicness;
    For the Horde!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlubberPuddy View Post

Basically I don't think WoW's stories will ever get Game of Thrones level complexity and your suggestion would lead to that. But not just that, I just think Calia joining the Horde wouldn't make much sense at all, she never needed it to be with her people (the people of Lordaeron) and there are still human survivors from that Kingdom.
    Blizzard: hold my bear

serious now, we already come to a point that any shit can become true, so, even if Calia going horde make no sense whatsoever, the dread thing is: it can happens

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Blizzard: hold my bear

serious now, we already come to a point that any shit can become true, so, even if Calia going horde make no sense whatsoever, the dread thing is: it can happens
    Well Forsaken can't become Alliance either.

So it is either new Undead faction, or Calia joins the Horde.

Bloodsail Admiral Grumpy Old Man's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Or, she stays "neutral", as Alonsus Faol...
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    YouTubers are a plague. Fuck 'em. All of them.

Calia will definitely join the Horde, if any faction.

The book portrays humans, even good ones, faithful ones, benevolent ones, often times still struggling hard to accept Forsaken as people, not monstrosities.

Calia's whole thing is that she wants to be there for the people of Lordaeron. For the Forsaken. She wanted to serve and rule them.

That's why the Light brought her back as an Undead. The Forsaken would never be able to accept her as a Human, no matter her benevolence to them, or how legitimate her rule. But she was brought back "As the Light and she herself would have it be". being dead herself, she could be accepted by the Forsaken.

Calia's goal and the Light's goal, is clearly to bring her among the Forsaken people as a beacon of Light. And the dead shall never be welcome among the Alliance.

I don't know which way that shall be done. If it even meets with success. Though I won't oppose it. I don't think the Horde and the Forsaken benefit from the Forsaken being only what Sylvanas desires. She (and Gallywix) clearly stand for the things wrong in the Horde currently. I'm not happy about that. But I am very curious about where it will go from there. I'm usually pretty good at predicting things, but I see no absolute certainties here.

To me, that is interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Content is in. I just want the top streamline the rewards system more so I can relax.

Looks like Blizz reuploaded the main title. Might be psychological, but it sounds like they improved the clarity of some of the instruments. I also thought it was under 11 minutes last time, but it doesn't seem like anything has changed. Must be in my head.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haven't installed the PTR yet, how is it? Not too surprised that they waited so long to push 8.0 on the PTR, sounds like it's kind of barren compared to past pre-patches and technically a lot of the content has already been tested on the beta.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Haven't installed the PTR yet, how is it? Not too surprised that they waited so long to push 8.0 on the PTR, sounds like it's kind of barren compared to past pre-patches and technically a lot of the content has already been tested on the beta.
    Just like every pre-patch PTR. Test the current content with applied changes.
    Last edited by Drekmar; 2018-06-16 at 08:46 AM.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Well Forsaken can't become Alliance either.

So it is either new Undead faction, or Calia joins the Horde.
    i think it makes most sense for the Horde to force (politcally) sylvannas to step down, maybe as part of Truce condition set by the alliance, and Anduin and Warchief Baine both approve of the idea of Calia the actual queen of lordearon, ruling over Lordearon. with the notion that (like an arranged marriage) it will give both factions an excuse to not go to war, while basically making Lordearon its own country again, a country of "Deathforged" Humans ruled by their own citizens (rather than an outsider). Which is exactly what i think they are setting up. Calia was never alliance, as She said, as anduin said, as Faol said she (and others) were Priests first.

there is no reason to doubt she'd join the horde if it meant Protecting her people which is her main stated goal, and it helping to broker piece between alliance and horde which seems to be her second goal
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default