Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    I can't find a way to respond to that without getting infracted.
    Which is fine. My point is that the overall cause is still noble and has done some good things so far, but the direction it's being taken should be watched closely. Celebrity MeToos get attention but concerned that the movement is headed down a bad path that's going to ruin lives on both sides with no recourse.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

Quote Originally Posted by Brubear View Post
    Out of all of the females that have accused a male celebrity of abuse/assault/etc, how many of them can you still name that weren't already famous to begin with? How many of them are still culturally relevant enough that coming forward with allegations gained them publicity that was actually worth anything?

Because I always see this brought up as a potential reason for them to make this sort of thing up, but I've yet to meet someone outside of the #MeToo movement that can actually name the non-celebrity ones still. Where's all this publicity and fame they're supposedly garnering from all this?
    I would agree it sounds like nonsense, because the real reasons are to get wealth or revenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Which is fine. My point is that the overall cause is still noble and has done some good things so far, but the direction it's being taken should be watched closely. Celebrity MeToos get attention but concerned that the movement is headed down a bad path that's going to ruin lives on both sides with no recourse.
    Headed? It's been in the gutter since the beginning. A way for women to make dirty careers.

Jesus christ the responses in this thread. People who were willing to believe the woman even slightly, and with the caveat that she actually show the proof she claims to have, lost under the avalanche of just, "this cunt!" and a bunch of other fucking disgusting nonsense.

And people wonder why abuse victims don't come forward sometimes. I can't imagine being a victim of it from a celebrity of any nature, and then seeing a bunch of insane people screaming how you're a dumb cunt, deserved it, are lying, ect, the second it happens is nuts.

I hope the people who have gone batshit insane as a way to stick it to the ess jay dubyas take a step back, calm down, and reevaluate their lives before they have an aneurysm from feminists on the internet.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-06-16 at 02:09 AM.

I fail to see how some of you guys are any different from the people that immediately call for the heads of the accused. If you just assume that every woman that speaks out is a liar, then you're just the flip-side to those people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rexosaurus View Post
    I fail to see how some of you guys are any different from the people that immediately call for the heads of the accused. If you just assume that every woman that speaks out is a liar, then you're just the flip-side to those people.
    Shhhh you'll burst the bubble.

I used to like him, especially on Attack of the Show, but he started getting a little too political for my liking. Ohh the irony of him being liberal and getting hit with #MeToo xD

But, as always, innocent until proven guilty.
    I have audio/video that will support and prove many of the things I’ve stated in this post. I’ve chosen not to include it for your sake, in the hopes that the person you’ve become will do the right thing.
    And he's going to stay innocent until she provides audio/video/etc.. that support and prove her "claims".

https://twitter.com/MildlyAmused/sta...-chloe-dykstra

As someone who writes for Nerdist, let me just say...Chris Hardwick is a piece of trash and I believe women.
    Followed by
    I've never personally had interaction with him, but you hear things. And I'm not going to let a fear of not being allowed to write for Nerdist anymore keep me from supporting a survivor of abuse
    Even if Hardwick's ex is telling the truth, idiot's like Donna Dickens is why people don't get behind #MeToo
    Last edited by MikeBogina; 2018-06-16 at 02:22 AM.

She said she had evidence. None was provided. That's why people were "calling for the head" (no one was) of the accuser. Save that every moment that went on without her providing even a hint of a shred of evidence to back any of it up, the less believable her story is.

Doubt is important when dealing with this shit. The fact that you and those like you don't have any is the horrific part, not the people actually doubting. There's a reason "innocent until proven guilty" is the cornerstone of every sensible legal system around the world.

Quote Originally Posted by zorkuus View Post
    To add to that: taking it to the authorities first might earn the person more credibility before they blast their sob story all over social media. This just doesn't tend to happen. Why? It's very hard to take some of these stories seriously because of that.
    Probably because venting online is easier than hiring a lawyer. Additionally, a lot of people just don't want to get wrapped up in a court battle even if it could be justified. While this particular story might be throwing around the term "sexual assault", what was described doesn't sound like something the authorities would handle.

It is a blog post....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Adamas102 View Post
    Probably because venting online is easier than hiring a lawyer. Additionally, a lot of people just don't want to get wrapped up in a court battle even if it could be justified. While this particular story might be throwing around the term "sexual assault", what was described doesn't sound like something the authorities would handle.
    Not easier, faster perhaps but really not easier at all. The internet is forever and this post will dog all involved for many, many years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Allegations are made now, which should've been handled with the authorities (police) to conduct an investigation, which makes the public the actor and judge. The person being accused of these crimes will lose their reputation, trust, job and job opportunities forever ...regardless if the allegations are truthful or not. If the allegations aren't truthful and/or the investigation shows no crime was done then does that restore the previous life of the person being accused? No. So now that person is the victim, but does the person who made the allegations suffer any consequences? Obviously not, they may even gain on it because of the big publicity.
    Well... thats the problem. According to her claims, nothing he specifically did was illegal. I suppose the "Blacklisting" claim could hold merit? if it were true? But, I dont think there is anything illegal about talking to contacts in the industry and suggesting they shouldnt hire someone.

That said, he wasn't physically abusive to her. He didnt torture her physically, and they werent married. She could have walked away anytime. So the only purpose this serves at this point is to ruin his career. That's it.

She can not say his name all she wants. But she gave enough details of age and time that people who know and follow Chris Hardwick could put two and two together.

I'll say it again, until I see his ex-fiance, long time girlfriend prior to Chloe & his wife come along and back up these allegations, they are either highly exaggerated, or untrue. He might very well be guilty. Or, he could be guilty of simply behaving in a way that was contrary to what he thought the relationship was. Either way, until it's proven, this lynchmob mentality of the #metoo movement is starting to get out of hand.

I see where the #metoo movement has been beneficial. But this isn't like Cosby, or Weinstein, or Spacey... it's not even like Louie CK or even the Aziz Ansari situations (which were grey at best). This is someone who was stuck in what she claims was a shitty relationship. And until more come forward claiming the same thing, it's more or less conjecture on her part.

Quote Originally Posted by Necroxis View Post
    Jesus christ the responses in this thread. People who were willing to believe the woman even slightly, and with the caveat that she actually show the proof she claims to have, lost under the avalanche of just, "this cunt!" and a bunch of other fucking disgusting nonsense.

And people wonder why abuse victims don't come forward sometimes. I can't imagine being a victim of it from a celebrity of any nature, and then seeing a bunch of insane people screaming how you're a dumb cunt, deserved it, are lying, ect, the second it happens is nuts.

I hope the people who have gone batshit insane as a way to stick it to the ess jay dubyas take a step back, calm down, and reevaluate their lives before they have an aneurysm from feminists on the internet.
    Are you kidding me? Horseshit like what you just said has fostered an environment where literally all it takes is making blog post about how your unnamed ex abused you, and their career is over. And yet it's everyone else who has gone insane and needs to calm down? Please.

What reason is there for anyone not to make these accusations now that they're instantly assumed to be true and acted upon before even the slightest bit of corroboration is offered? Oh, that's right, some faceless people on the internet who you'll never meet in your life might say bad things about you. Compared to ease of destroying someone's life/reputation based on mere hearsay, I'd say that's an insignificant price to pay.
    Last edited by s_bushido; 2018-06-16 at 02:50 AM.

Did you just trigger warning news? holy shit

Deleted
    https://deadline.com/2018/06/chris-h...ns-1202411828/
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadline
    AMC Under Pressure To Pull Chris Hardwick Show Over Abuse Allegations
    Yeah, so it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    She said she had evidence. None was provided. That's why people were "calling for the head" (no one was) of the accuser. Save that every moment that went on without her providing even a hint of a shred of evidence to back any of it up, the less believable her story is.

Doubt is important when dealing with this shit. The fact that you and those like you don't have any is the horrific part, not the people actually doubting. There's a reason "innocent until proven guilty" is the cornerstone of every sensible legal system around the world.
    The fact that she didn't provide the proof just means that she didn't want to go any further than putting out her story. If what she's saying is really true, then she should have the right to decide how she wants to move on with her life. She never name dropped the dude, so as of now, it's not like she was explicitly trying to call him out into a legal battle. I don't see how any of that makes her story less believable.

Also, for the second time in this thread, I have to point out that I said that I'd wait to hear his side before I really decide, so I'm not sure why you're pretending that I automatically sided with her. I just think a number of things in her story makes it seem like she isn't lying about it.

If you guys wanna hate on the people that jump the gun and burn people without concrete proof, then go for it, but from what I've seen in this topic, you're just doing the same thing.
    Last edited by Rexosaurus; 2018-06-16 at 02:51 AM.

Deleted

Yeah, when there are so many people out there in the world who take any story as 100% truth when it comes from a woman, and then ignore the other side of the story completely, and aren't even interested in what the man has to say, it often does generate the opposite types of reactions too.

I mean, the truth doesn't matter. Hardwick's career is over regardless of what really happened.

Also, Dykstra was throwing around the accusation of sexual assault like it was no thing. That Hardwick sexually assaulted her on a regular basis, and that she "let him" do it. It's one thing to call him a prick and an asshole, a passive aggressive douchebag, and even say that he "extorted" sex from her by saying he'd leave her. That's one thing. Claiming that he sexually assaulted her though, that's in a completely different universe. That's a life-ending claim right there.

Should all men now, who ever act like a douchebag in a relationship, be worried that they're sexually assaulting their spouses? Who the hell defines what is a sexual assault anymore? Clearly it can't be the courts apparently. Clearly the laws are irrelevant. Is it up to the women to just throw the term around however they like?

The fact that she didn't provide the proof just means that she didn't want to go any further than putting out her story.
    Bullshit.

That's exactly what you just said: Complete and utter bullshit. And you should be disgusted with yourself for believing her without any evidence or corroboration of ANY sort whatsoever. God knows I am. She just ruined a man's career over what is, right now, nothing more than some vindictive whining on a blog.

Also, Dykstra was throwing around the accusation of sexual assault like it was no thing. That Hardwick sexually assaulted her on a regular basis, and that she "let him" do it. It's one thing to call him a prick and an asshole, a passive aggressive douchebag, and even say that he "extorted" sex from her by saying he'd leave her. That's one thing. Claiming that he sexually assaulted her though, that's in a completely different universe. That's a life-ending claim right there.
    Coercing somebody into sex with threats the way she's described them does qualify as sexual assault. I know its fun to pretend that sexual assault only is just straight up rape to people who are feigning outrage over somebody being exposed for being a toxic asshole, but let's stop pretending that the only way you can be an assaulter is if you penetrate somebody.

Are you kidding me? Horseshit like what you just said has fostered an environment where literally all it takes is making blog post about how your unnamed ex abused you, and their career is over. And yet it's everyone else who has gone insane and needs to calm down? Please.
    Yeah I guess you missed the fact that I have said, several times now, I'd want one of those recordings she claims she has before fully buying her story amidst your faux outrage. Maybe find a better hill to die on.
    Last edited by Necroxis; 2018-06-16 at 03:12 AM.

Man i hope AMC has the guts to stand up and say until its proven 1) its even him 2) that he actually did it that they will employee him and run his show...
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Bullshit.

That's exactly what you just said: Complete and utter bullshit. And you should be disgusted with yourself for believing her without any evidence or corroboration of ANY sort whatsoever. God knows I am. She just ruined a man's career over what is, right now, nothing more than some vindictive whining on a blog.
    Okay, well, you clearly don't have any reading comprehension since you still don't realize that I wanted to hear his side of the story too. I mean, I've only said it 4 times now, so I can understand why you'd be so confused.

Deleted
    Coercing somebody into sex with threats the way she's described them does qualify as sexual assault.
    So, what you're saying is that saying to your spouse that you're going to leave them if they don't have sex with you is sexual assault. This is what she writes in her blog:

Quote Originally Posted by Chloe Dykstra
    “I just want to remind you, the reason my last relationship didn’t work out was because of the lack of sex.” It was a veiled threat. I succumbed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chloe Dykstra
    To be fair, I did go along with it out of fear of losing him.
    According to Dykstra, Hardwick didn't even say that straight up. According to what she's saying, he was just being a passive-aggressive prick.

So in your mind, this is sexual assault? You do realize that an actual judge would laugh and throw this bullshit out of any court immediately, right?
    Last edited by mmoc3ff0cc8be0; 2018-06-16 at 03:19 AM.