View Poll Results: What do you think Look Good or Look Bad?

Voters
26. This poll is closed
  • Looks Good, I'm going to try to watch it.

21 80.77%
  • Looks Bad, I am going to pass.

5 19.23%

Thread: [TV] Lucifer

Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NightZero88 View Post
    Oh snap, really? That's pretty awesome. I'm sure it'll end up pissing everyone off more though since they won't know about the cancellation still so it probably won't tie anything up.
    Yeah, I'm mixed on it. On one hand, new Lucifer, sounds great. One ep seems to be an alternate universe "what if" thing too, which should be fun.

On the other hand, they didn't specify that this was episode 1 and 2, it could be episode 12 and 18 or something and be totally disjointed. Plus, the finale was sort of a nice place, so opening it up again, with what will probably be inconclusive endings, eh.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    Yeah, I'm mixed on it. On one hand, new Lucifer, sounds great. One ep seems to be an alternate universe "what if" thing too, which should be fun.

On the other hand, they didn't specify that this was episode 1 and 2, it could be episode 12 and 18 or something and be totally disjointed. Plus, the finale was sort of a nice place, so opening it up again, with what will probably be inconclusive endings, eh.
    They are filler episodes that were* meant to be aired in the break of season 4.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2018-05-24 at 08:39 PM.

Guess they filmed two eps for now-canceled season, so they're airing both Monday night.
    next season wouldve given enough episodes for syndication. they likely went in 100% assuming theyd get renewed which is really weird that wb went with lethal weapon over lucifer especially since lethal weapon is about to recast its main star. it wouldve made more sense for wb to lower their licensing to fox for lucifer and drop lethal weapon since im fairly sure the syndication money wouldve made them more in the longrun even if lucifer only got 1 more season.

its really really rare for shows to end on season 3, they almost always get atleast one more season
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Guess they filmed two eps for now-canceled season, so they're airing both Monday night.
    Have to say, both episodes felt so detached from anything else that has gone on so far and i'd rather they just left it at the finale.

Acting in both of them seemed worse than usual to me and i just didn't enjoy them.

I'm not even mad the show is gone. It has been a massive disappointment since episode 1. There's barely any supernatural elements, they drag out Chloe's stubborn refusal to accept reality for three whole goddamn seasons, and they cut out Michael Demiurgos completely.

The irony here is that season 4 might actually be this show's one good season, but justice has been served.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Meh, he didn't look anything like God. This is what God actually looks like: https://imgur.com/a/keiVxN2
    Looks suspiciously a lot like the Watcher from Cerebus: https://i.imgur.com/uO58vjl.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Have to say, both episodes felt so detached from anything else that has gone on so far and i'd rather they just left it at the finale.

Acting in both of them seemed worse than usual to me and i just didn't enjoy them.
    I enjoyed the alternate universe, but the Azrael one was meh.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post

Those were episodes for the break between season 4A and 4B. Not to mention they are also not meant to be connected to the series, more like standalone episodes that introduced two new aspects, the angel of death, and Lucifer with free choice still gravitating towards Chloe, debunking the fact that God orchestrated it, but more so that faith finds it way under whichever circumstances.

Azrael was a fething miscast and a cringefest of a character.

I actually really liked both episodes, especially the Azrael one. At first i was dreading the character, cause i thought it was just a silly 'Ella' focused episode about her 'ghost' friend, whose plot twist would be that it was always just an imaginary friend. But the reveal the it was Azrael, and he/she had put Ella on Lucifer's path, just like God did with Chloe to influence him, was actually pretty good.

" So much lost time... that you'll never get back!"....

Deleted
    So I'm guessing Chloe was never actually going to see Lucifer in all of his glory like she did before the show got cancelled, and that would explain these two completely discombobulated and horrible filler episodes where the aforementioned got ignored completely, because surely they wouldn't tease it for three seasons, then do it, and then just ignore it. I mean, that'd be a douche move, but then again, X-Files did it in the 90s so who knows.

I'm in the camp of should've just left the two filler episodes in some box somewhere. They sucked bad, both of them. The whole point of Lucifer is, in the comics, and as a fictional character to begin with, that he stands up to God, and actually can do so. But, for some inexplicable reason they decided to end it on God can do whatever he wants, Lucifer is just a meaningless little shit pebble, the show was pointless, the character is pointless, screw you Gaiman.

Outside of comics it at least helped me affirm my atheism if nothing else, so I suppose there's that.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrada View Post
    I actually really liked both episodes, especially the Azrael one. At first i was dreading the character, cause i thought it was just a silly 'Ella' focused episode about her 'ghost' friend, whose plot twist would be that it was always just an imaginary friend. But the reveal the it was Azrael, and he/she had put Ella on Lucifer's path, just like God did with Chloe to influence him, was actually pretty good.
    I was figuring folks would all become convinced it was an imaginary friend until Lucifer walked in and said "oh, look, a ghost".

I was figuring folks would all become convinced it was an imaginary friend until Lucifer walked in and said "oh, look, a ghost".
    I was waiting for Lucifer to show up and see the ghost as well. I enjoyed both episodes but I'm a bit confused why they never even touched on Chloe/Lucifer. Chloe did say she had seen worse, much worse, which I assume was a reference to the devil face but it's odd that it never came up even once.

Signature Created by Jassinta

I was waiting for Lucifer to show up and see the ghost as well. I enjoyed both episodes but I'm a bit confused why they never even touched on Chloe/Lucifer. Chloe did say she had seen worse, much worse, which I assume was a reference to the devil face but it's odd that it never came up even once.
    from what i heard they werent meant to be right after the finale. these were basiclaly going to be middle of the season filler episodes. they dont film the episodes in chronological order so these are just two episodes that happened to get finished
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

So, there is no hope for Lucifer, and that is for certain?
    The show is truly, undeniably over?

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    from what i heard they werent meant to be right after the finale. these were basiclaly going to be middle of the season filler episodes. they dont film the episodes in chronological order so these are just two episodes that happened to get finished
    Yeah, totally understand that, but still, that is kind of a big deal in the finale. You'd think it'd still get some air time. I'd expect that bomb to last all season but who knows.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    So, there is no hope for Lucifer, and that is for certain?
    The show is truly, undeniably over?
    Unless another network picks it up which is doubtful, yes.

There's hope.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

Deleted
    https://twitter.com/tomellis17

Tom seems happy. Now what we need is for him to go platinum blonde and start using his powers a bit more. Lucifer, I mean...not Tom.

https://twitter.com/LuciferonFOX Wonder if their Tweeter handle will change to LuciferonNETFLIX now? Also, perhaps the thread could be renamed, just remove the "on FOX" now, since the rest of it won't be on that network.

I wonder if they'll film it to end at season 4 or if they'll hope Netflix will keep it going.

Deleted
    I wonder if they'll film it to end at season 4 or if they'll hope Netflix will keep it going.
    Yeah, it being on Netflix makes that a bit difficult to gauge, since I don't think they care about their viewers the way a TV channel would. People pay a subscription for Netflix and then they get all the crap that's on there, so how would they know whether Lucifer is adding to or detracting from those subscriptions?

I mean, it's not faithful to the comics but I'd still watch it for a couple seasons.