Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    A lot of it may be PR, but overall yes this is what studios do want, security is always good for a business, what really matters is how good the deal is.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/14/nin...osoft-studios/
    Yep, and a platform holder is far less likely to axe you if you make a bomb then someone like an EA or Activision is.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    So they're fine with drunks (who admit they're drunk) logging on here, messing up threads, and calling people names but they don't like it when someone asks said belligerent/rude person to leave? Wow, no wonder this site has been going downhill for awhile.
    I've drunk posted once. It was fun

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Yep, and a platform holder is far less likely to axe you if you make a bomb then someone like an EA or Activision is.
    Awkward moment for Bungie..... they went from some of the best in the industry to... well..... destiny 2 and all the rumors surrounding their partnership. I am pretty ignorant to the whole bungie MS drama since I was never a big halo guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    Lol, why doesn't that surprise me?

10+ Year Old Account
    you should do it again.

Awkward moment for Bungie..... they went from some of the best in the industry to... well..... destiny 2. I am pretty ignorant to the whole bungie MS drama since I was never a big halo guy.
    Yeah.....about that.....

I guess Bungie is an example of when a studio leaving a platform holder is actually a bad thing. Lol.

I just wish MS had allowed Bungie to do the Destiny thing and kept them as a studio. Things may have turned out differently, and maybe for the better. We'll never know.

But MS is probably looking at it from the viewpoint of "well, if we can't get someone to buy an Xbox over a PS, at least we can still get a game sale out of them because they're likely to have a PC as well". With the way this console gen has been going, it was probably the smart thing to do in order to make more money off of software sales.
    Wouldn't that only be true because Microsoft currently has too few exclusives? Once this new plan takes off and Microsoft can compete with Sony again, the PC integration will start working against them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol, why doesn't that surprise me?
    Literally DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD every thread
    you should do it again.
    I only drink once every 2 years so nah.

Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    Wouldn't that only be true because Microsoft currently has too few exclusives? Once this new plan takes off and Microsoft can compete with Sony again, the PC integration will start working against them.
    Only time will tell there. It could backfire on them next gen. Or it could help them. It all depends on how they choose to handle and/or market it.

Sometimes business make decisions that are good for the short term that they then have to reevaluate later when things turn around. It's all up to MS with what they do.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldielocks View Post
    possibly, but its still a sale, and most PC players I know would never get a console, even for games like God of War. We will have to see, although I do agree it does seem like it will eventually bite them in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD every thread

I only drink once every 2 years so nah.
    what the hell is the occasion?

10+ Year Old Account
    Microsoft are a bunch of jobbers I have no faith in them anymore they even let Sony dictate the Black Ops 4 preorder which is BS.

15+ Year Old Account
    possibly, but its still a sale, and most PC players I know would never get a console, even for games like God of War. We will have to see, although I do agree it does seem like it will eventually bite them in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

what the hell is the occasion?
    Well, boyfriend problems at the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, boyfriend problems at the time.
    every 2 years on the clock?

A lot of it may be PR, but overall yes this is what studios do want, security is always good for a business, what really matters is how good the deal is.

https://www.vg247.com/2018/06/14/nin...osoft-studios/
    That's awesome if true. Ninja Theory gets to completely retain its creative freedom while having the financial and technological backing of MS. This is how it should be done.

I think that's why they created the Xbox Game Pass, it would of happened eventually either way but right now it mostly only works on the system. Only the MS published play anywhere games work on PC with it. To get all those 3rd party games in the sub price, you actually need an Xbox One.

15+ Year Old Account
    every 2 years on the clock?
    Oh, no. I just meant this year. In 2016 it was my birthday and 2014 we had a work party.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I think that's why they created the Xbox Game Pass, it would of happened eventually either way but right now it mostly only works on the system. Only the MS published play anywhere games work on PC with it. To get all those 3rd party games in the sub price, you actually need an Xbox One.
    Not gonna lie, while I am currently not subbed to game pass, i love the idea. I can imagine that in the next gen, it will be tied into xbox live.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorke View Post
    Microsoft are a bunch of jobbers I have no faith in them anymore they even let Sony dictate the Black Ops 4 preorder which is BS.
    Well, they are doing what they need to do and what people have been asking them to do. I don't really see how this is a bad thing. Unless they manage to completely fuck it all up.

Awkward moment for Bungie..... they went from some of the best in the industry to... well..... destiny 2 and all the rumors surrounding their partnership. I am pretty ignorant to the whole bungie MS drama since I was never a big halo guy.
    Bungies quality pretty much went to shit as soon as they bought themselves from MS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, no. I just meant this year. In 2016 it was my birthday and 2014 we had a work party.
    ur BF gave u issues on ur b day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Bungies quality pretty much went to shit as soon as they bought themselves from MS.
    I did like the first 2 halos. DIdnt play the rest, the Xbox series that had interested me was Fable.