Affliction Mage tower advice for a newbie

Affliction Mage tower advice for a newbie

OK iam trying to hit up as many skins as i can and i have already now got destro but now iam working on Aff skin

I dont have any decent legendaries as a aff except the healing neck and the argus ring which btw i have 64 AK

Now i just saw a video about the mortal coil cheese and i have a question about that.

Now i just tried it and it worked at the beginning and karem was concentrating on my pet rock which i could easily heal and i was happily dotting then the other guy came up but sadly my dps was lacking to take him down in the transition and i did manage to kill the adds that came up but then Karem came back and my mortal coil cheese didnt work and i simply could not out run him and i have no slows cause i dont have the legendary.

So is there any advice a newbie Aff lock you could give me that i would truly appreciate.

I can't tell from your post if you are already doing this...when the fight starts stand next to Karem and let your pet take agro. Then, move your pet next to where Raest is standing. From here on continue as you indicated and mortal coil to interrupt the cast. Once Raest becomes active, just start throwing seeds onto the adds he spawns. You will hit Karem with these explosions and you should have the DPS to kill Karem via AoE before he casts purgatory the second time.

If you don't have this much DPS, you will have to use fear to interrupt the first cast and save mortal coil for the second cast.

If you don't have Sacrolash (legendary ring that makes Affliction snare), it's absolutely imperative to have your pet tank. Idk the mechanic to it (because my Warlock had Sacrolash when I did the Affliction challenge), but just google around and you'll find something about it.

Also just a suggestion but Demo is a really easy challenge since it's Sigryn, which is more or less just a mechanics-based challenge. The DPS timer is very, VERY easy to accomplish without any legendaries, tier sets, or good gear. I think my Warlock was around 915 or so and I used the class ring that I had and some Affliction or Destro legendary. I didn't really care about my alts' gear. If you're still struggling with Affliction after awhile, try taking a break and doing Sigryn as Demo.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just beef your ilvl up and you can brute force it easy. I did it with the crucible leggo, crafted leggo & doomguard.
    (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง ᴛʜɪs ɪs ᴏᴜʀ ᴛᴏwɴ sᴄʀᴜʙ (ง ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)ง - (ง •̀_•́)ง ʏᴇᴀʜ ʙᴇᴀᴛ ɪᴛ! (ง •̀_•́)ง

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Cheese it

Talents: 2123111
    Summon Infernal, spam autoattack while targeting Karam and Meteor Strike as soon as he is active. Leisurely dps him as he is being tanked; you want to have full shards and a decent number of souls.
    Refresh Agony and Corruption before 45%. As soon as Karam hits 45% UNLOAD. Drums, Pots, Soul Harvest, 5 UAs. When he is at 34% you need to Mortal Coil, use one dps ability then cast Fear. If everything is timed just perfect, the Mortal Coil will interrupt Purgatory and the Fear after it will interrupt the second cast and Karam will just die in p1. The rest of the fight is Raest stuck in phase 2 and summoning adds. He will never summon Hands or Runes. /pity at Raest and kill him while laughing.

And yes, this is still working as of 7.3.5
    This is how I did it, took like 6 minutes to finish the fight. 915 ilevel. Sephuz and Argus ring.

It seems i have been doing this all wrong and i have gotten the strat all wrong.

Well when the tower comes up i will give it another go with the strats you guys have gave me.

Deleted
    Did it with 959 (yes.) and the legendary slow-ring in the first try.
    Couldn't even tell what just happend, everything was dead so fast.

Just outgear it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mortal coil cheese should still work.
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Keyboard Turner
    5+ Year Old Account
    Did this the day it came out, was unaware of any bug at the time to cheese it. For me I ran sacrolash ring and hood I think.

Took WiA and Corruption talent. Just kited the whole time and dumped UAs. I keybound move pet and had him soak all the circle to prevent the big fucker from spawning. Always keep a fee aUAs ready for the little portal thing that dpawns and make sure to kick it. Otherwise just and rinse and repeat and it will fall over.

Deleted
    Cheese it

Summon Infernal, spam autoattack while targeting Karam and Meteor Strike as soon as he is active. Leisurely dps him as he is being tanked; you want to have full shards and a decent number of souls.
    Refresh Agony and Corruption before 45%. As soon as Karam hits 45% UNLOAD. Drums, Pots, Soul Harvest, 5 UAs. When he is at 34% you need to Mortal Coil, use one dps ability then cast Fear. If everything is timed just perfect, the Mortal Coil will interrupt Purgatory and the Fear after it will interrupt the second cast and Karam will just die in p1. The rest of the fight is Raest stuck in phase 2 and summoning adds. He will never summon Hands or Runes. /pity at Raest and kill him while laughing.

Thanks for this bro! I did it yesterday in the morning with GS 915. Leggos: Chest & wrists for demonology.

I did it exactly like you wrote. Save 5 UA stacks, save souls, refresh agony & corruption, unload everything with drums at around 45%, coil at 34%.

My dots didn´t kill him but my infernal did the rest from 2% to death.

Rest of the challenge was a catwalk for me Thank you very much!

I tried also the demonology challenge after affliction but it´s cancer I hate the whole mechanics which you need to handle :/

Maybe next time when the mage tower is up, I´ll catch it.

Mage tower is up and for some reason my stupid rock monster cant hold aggro!

I have spammed auto attack and hit him with my meteor strike but for some reason now it simple will not keep on my pet like it did the last time it was up

EDIT** On my 5th Try my Rock monster held aggro and i did the strat perfectly and BOOOMM@!!!!! Aff skin for me

Once again thanks everyone for the brilliant advice iam so happy right now!!!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2018-05-01 at 06:25 AM.

Stand next to Karem and spam attack with your infernal, Key words are I Obey. Pet will take agro and you will get knocked back. Give pet a few seconds to get decent agro then start with corr and agony.
    Let your chards build up and souls this part of the fight is all about going into the next phase with 5 shards and 12 souls. When he hits 35% and you hear USELESS thats when u hit him with Mortal Coil.
    Then pop all your CDs, drums etc and swap targets to Reast. You can pretty much ignore Karem now and let your pet just tank him.

Just unload all your have on Reast, do not let any dots drop off and spam Malefic while kiting the adds. I did it at 920 without optimal Legendaries tbh. Higher netherlight talents really do help. Spam a few agony on the adds if u can to help with shard generation.

I managed to kill him as the BIG add spawned. I did it last week after coming back from a period away

My advice is to run LFR/normal pugs for a while and just brute force it, it seems to work for almost every class. I did the fire mage challenge without even knowing what to do, failed most of the mechanics and still managed to kill her in one try at 943 ILvL

10+ Year Old Account
    Did it myself yesterday with a AP55 weapon and ilvl 906. Did have the ring, but man it took a few wipes haha. (sidenote, Prydaz actually lets you take one hit of the Hand, putting my HP at around 15% or so. Don't have any other aff legendaries so was the best I could use)

My wipes where pretty much caused by screen clutter (not Seeding small adds) and losing oversight. Hand/Thing focus is pretty much the key to victory.

I was surprised how smooth my kill went by doing just that compared to the countless very messy wipes.

Deleted
    Remember you can also kite small mobs near Raest/Karam and kill them near them, so they will get dmg from Soul Flame.

Cheese it

Can you elaborate on the bold/underline part? I need to mortal coil Karam, which dps ability did you use?, and then fear? I cant see how I can do all 3 in the time it takes him to cast purgatory. Plus his purgatory has a silver lining which I thought was un-interuptable.

You have to stand exactly as many yards away from Karam as the Mortal Coil tooltip states (20 yards) for the cheesing to work; like literally one small step away from being out of range, so when he gets close to 35% hp take the time to get in position and let the DOTs tick his health down. Then moment Raest says "Useless!" (like right when he says it) you cast Mortal Coil on Karam.

From there it should only be a small matter of DPS'ing Karam down whilst kiting him (which shouldn't take very long as he'll be pretty close to death by that point). Good luck!

edit: Also, congrats on the skin! (Didn't see you already got it before I finished commenting)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shadycharacter1 View Post
    My advice is to run LFR/normal pugs for a while and just brute force it, it seems to work for almost every class. I did the fire mage challenge without even knowing what to do, failed most of the mechanics and still managed to kill her in one try at 943 ILvL
    The fire mage and affliction warlock challenges aren't really comparable. Agatha can be burst down pretty easily (especially at 943 ilvl) before you even have to worry about the imp adds, while with affliction you have to follow some of the mechanics to the letter (if you don't use/fuck up the cheesing method, that is).
    Last edited by Theoris; 2018-06-16 at 11:34 AM.