Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I like how you are mad about facts being pointed out and try to start arguments I'm not even having with you.

It is factually true MS has problems with both install and patch sizes that other publishers do not. It's a trend, and an alarming one. It's not a big deal now, but can easily turn into one if trends continues at current pace.
    Im not mad about anything. I just see the things your crying about as a non issue. You claim to have an intimate understanding on how badly they are compressed. SO put up or shut up and explain how you would do it better. Or were you just talking out of your ass as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Why is Microsoft still trying? More importantly, how are they still involved in the gaming industry? Who is stupid enough to support them?
    Wow. Do you have any other insightful tidbits to add to the discussion.

In case you hadn't notice, they are still very much around and they're doing a lot of the things they need to do to try and win people back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I just see the things your crying about as a non issue.
    Non issue? You mean MS who used to fit the vast majority of their games just a gen ago on a single DVD9 and had tiny patch sizes that could fit on the tiny HDDS supplied for the thing ballooning their games up to 100 GB monsters is not an issue?

While Sony had exclusives 35-45 GB last gen, and still have exclusives 35-45 GB this gen? Do you think that's because of lack of effort and Sony's games look last gen? LMFAO.

Again, it's not a MAJOR ISSUE it is however certainly AN ISSUE and one they could do better at. Ignoring that is blatant kool aid drinking.

Im not mad about anything. I just see the things your crying about as a non issue.
    If you think there download size's are a none issue then you clearly don't live in the US with a data cap. Fun Fact downloading Gears of War 4 can kill 1/4 of someones data cap and yet the US is MS's biggest market.

You would think they would try to stop that.

- - - Updated - - -

Non issue? You mean MS who used to fit the vast majority of their games just a gen ago on a single DVD9 and had tiny patch sizes that could fit on the tiny HDDS supplied for the thing ballooning their games up to 100 GB monsters is not an issue?
    And if you recall they was 100% against game installs on the 360, To the point where GTA V was the first and only game ever on 360 to require a install.

Edit: Also since we are doing install compares. God of War is 46.1GB (Just looked for giggles). Dying Light Enchanted Edition is 26.75GB and its 3rd party.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2018-06-16 at 06:31 AM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Wow. Do you have any other insightful tidbits to add to the discussion.

In case you hadn't notice, they are still very much around and they're doing a lot of the things they need to do to try and win people back.
    Like... what? Buy up lousy developers who make terrible games?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    And if you recall they was 100% against game installs on the 360, To the point where GTA V was the first and only game ever on 360 to require a install.
    Pretty sure Halo 4 had a mandatory install as well.

While Sony had exclusives 35-45 GB last gen, and still have exclusives 35-45 GB this gen? Do you think that's because of lack of effort and Sony's games look last gen? LMFAO.

Again, it's not a MAJOR ISSUE it is however certainly AN ISSUE and one they could do better at. Ignoring that is blatant kool aid drinking.
    Again, your dodging, explain how you would compress gears 4 better than how it is please.

Quote Originally Posted by sopeonaroap View Post
    it goes back to the whole apple vs MS thing, the apple fans are constantly trying to bring other companies down to apple's expensive level
    Wait, what?

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    If you think there download size's are a none issue then you clearly don't live in the US with a data cap. Fun Fact downloading Gears of War 4 can kill 1/4 of someones data cap and yet the US is MS's biggest market.

You would think they would try to stop that.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit: Also since we are doing install compares. God of War is 46.1GB (Just looked for giggles). Dying Light Enchanted Edition is 26GB and its 3rd party.
    Iv already told you i live in rural us on adsl2. I work with the slower speed and could work around data caps if i needed to.

Pretty sure Halo 4 had a mandatory install as well.
    Not sure, I know at the time of GTA V's release it was the only one. Maybe Halo 4 changed that.

- - - Updated - - -

Iv already told you i live in rural us on adsl2. I work with the slower speed and could work around data caps if i needed to.
    Your on DSL and act like install/download size's don't matter....

Fucken LUL, Ya ok buddy whatever you say.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Again, your dodging, explain how you would compress gears 4 better than how it is please.
    Well first off, I actually would use compression something it clearly doesn't.

- - - Updated - - -

Also because I haven't paid attention to the game in a long time I just did a quick google search and even the fucking developers knew it was horse shit and released a compression patch but according to Zeta it was a non issue.

https://www.overclock3d.net/news/sof..._game_s_size/1

Literally there first attempt and compressing shit saved 30 GB. Holy hell you can't make this shit up.

Can you post proof that it doesnt use compression? I mean have you gone through the files at all by hand or are you continuing to talk out of your ass. Im still waiting on what you would compress differently and how please. Since you seemed to have such a good understanding of how the game file is put together.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Also because I haven't paid attention to the game in a long time I just did a quick google search and even the fucking developers knew it was horse shit and released a compression patch but according to Zeta it was a non issue.

Literally there first attempt and compressing shit saved 30 GB. Holy hell you can't make this shit up.
    "they knew it was horseshit"

vs

"The Coalition has stated that they have been working on this new compression technique for the past few months, likely to address the concerns raised by both Xbox One and PC players over the game's file sizes, though this new technique may have been developed as alongside the game's expected Xbox Scorpio version. "

you do have a terrible way with words. But continue to talk out of your ass some more.

Can you post proof that it doesnt use compression?
    Can you post proof that they actually made an effort to compress the game?

Didn't think so.

I can though.

Finally all that time after launch they released a "compression patch" saving users 30 GB of space.

Can you post proof that it doesnt use compression? I mean have you gone through the files at all by hand or are you continuing to talk out of your ass. Im still waiting on what you would compress differently and how please. Since you seemed to have such a good understanding of how the game file is put together.
    Seeing how they had to release a patch to add compression and it did fuck all....Ya it can be proven.

https://www.pcgamesn.com/gears-of-wa...all-size-patch
    I recently uninstalled Gears of War 4 from Windows 10 after realising it was taking up around 120GB of my hard drive. I hadn’t yet finished it, and I wanted to, but this was too much for one game. Well now there’s a patch to combat its bloating file size.

If you like games taking over your hard drive, check out our list of the best MMORPGs.

The Coalition have just released a patch that’s 29GB in size. But don’t worry, this won’t bloat up your file, it’ll actually make it smaller. Once downloaded, Gears of War 4 should be then sitting at 93GB.

It’s still a hefty sacrifice for one game, though. It must be all those broad shoulders.

Along with the new compression techniques, the update, titled Rise of the Horde, will add a bunch of new skills for each class, including cloaking and stun grenades.
    And this was a year ago, clearly there "New Compression techniques" has done fuck all.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    Like... what? Buy up lousy developers who make terrible games?
    Lol.

Claiming Ninja Theory is a lousy developer who made a terrible game is laughable. You do realize they made Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice which was very well received and got high scores on its reviews right? And while the Forza Horizon games (made by Playground Games, another studio acquired by MS) may not be your cup of tea, they are still good games that are extremely well done and visual treats to look at and generally score high as well. And another one of the studios is brand new, The Initiative. So to claim they are a lousy developer who makes terrible games.....well, you'd have to be a seer who can see into the future to know that, so.....

You're obviously here just to shit on MS and nothing more.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-16 at 07:02 AM.

you do have a terrible way with words.
    Do you really want to go here when just a few posts ago you posted...

I didn't want to call that out because it's pretty petty but yea now...

Took those guys 2 years post launch to find a new compression technique and their game is literally still aids in size. I'm sure it's because GoW4 has so much more content then any other game on the planet tho amirite?

Can you post proof that they actually made an effort to compress the game?

Didn't think so.

I can though.

Finally all that time after launch they released a "compression patch" saving users 30 GB of space.
    Ah yes, you cant back up your shit talking so you turn the tables and try to have me do it for you. I have no problem with the size of the game or how long it takes to download. Your the one with the issue, your the one that claims it can be better. So put up or shut up. I think this is the 6th time iv asked you to back your words up?

Ah yes, you cant back up your shit talking so you turn the tables and try to have me do it for you.
    Actually I'm the only one who posted a link so...

Do you really want to go here when just a few posts ago you posted...

I didn't want to call that out because it's pretty petty but yea now...

Took those guys 2 years post launch to find a new compression technique and their game is literally still aids in size. I'm sure it's because GoW4 has so much more content then any other game on the planet tho amirite?
    Clearly your the compression expert here. What studio do you work for since you seem to have such an intimate understanding of how all of this works?

- - - Updated - - -

I didnt ask for a link, i asked how YOU would do it since you seem to know so much about how it was/wasnt and how it could be fixed.

I didnt ask for a link, i asked how YOU would do it since you seem to know so much about how it was/wasnt and how it could be fixed.
    No you asked for Proof and both me and him gave you proof.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun Fact Metal Gear Solid 4 was one of the biggest PS3 titles in install size and yet the majority of PS4 exclusives and some 2nd party titles don't even reach its install size.

Also look at The Master Chief Collection. Tons of patch's, Big as fuck and still broken.