Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Those poor confused Chinese people... Its ok though, white SJWs know what's best for them and will take it upon themselves to be offended on their behalf.
    “Einstein went to China at the wrong time,” said one Weibo user, describing the early years of the Chinese republic, established in 1912, which came after centuries of imperial rule. “Hunger, war, and poverty all pressed on the Chinese. How could Chinese people at the time gain Einstein’s respect?”
    Many were in strong support of the scientist: “This is called insulting China? That’s ridiculous. Did the Chinese in that era look dirty? When I see the photos from then, they look dirty, Einstein depicted the true state of that era.”
    It's entertaining how American leftists tend to not notice that the "victims" of some stereotypes are people that are pretty inclined towards noticing a group characteristic or two themselves. It's really only a very tiny sliver of the world's population that's trained itself against pattern recognition.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    This just in, most people were racist over 100 years ago, more news at 11!

Quote Originally Posted by toastmoast View Post
    You'd be amazed at the number of historical figures who were racist. Karl Marx for example frequently used the N-word, so much for cultural marxism....
    well its not called cultural Marxism anymore, its called being politically correct. they literally mean the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluas View Post
    Am I the only one who believes he could have amended his views after what happened in Nazi Germany?
    I mean people change and grow wiser in time. So what if he was racist when he was young? He clearly changed as he grew wiser and learned more.

I had pretty racist tendencies when I was younger because I didn't know better and found foreign looking people as scary and weird.
    People grow up, Einstein lived in times where it was the norm to be racist.
    That is definite possibility.

And even if not, that's more a matter of being a product of his time than anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Are you always so relativist in your view of human behavior?

Are you?

/tin

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    sure we can. He's a racist. Just ask the liberal sjw's. It worked for Cosby and Roseanne.
    I don't happen to recall Roseanne or Cosby publishing significant discourse on the theory of relativity, or going on to champion civil rights causes later in their lives. (Or, in Bill Cosby's case, not-raping-women causes.)
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    "The N-word" wasn't derogatory in many languages for a very long time. It wasn't derogatory anywhere in the world during the days of Marx.
    In my country the N-word is the right way to call a black person.

"Black" in my country is the derogatory word.

Crazy world.

https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-44472277
    https://www.theguardian.com/books/20...ing-xenophobia

Quite interesting as he was publicly condemning racism and this is what he wrote in his diaries. Not that I'm surprised by it at all.

What a guy wrote in a diary that was never intended for public view isn't really a fair way to judge someone. I think all of us have internal dialogues sometimes that would get us killed if voiced.

"The N-word" wasn't derogatory in many languages for a very long time. It wasn't derogatory anywhere in the world during the days of Marx.
    When you say "N word" do you mean negro or nigger? Nigger was always a very derogatory term and negro is still mostly fine.

Also, just because it is totally unacceptable to call someone a nigger does not mean that you can not use the word as a reference. It isn't doing the memory of African slaves who were beaten, worked to death and sold as cattle a service to say "the N word."

"racism is a disease of white people"

that's enough for me to not like him personally. people were believing this fucking bullshit even back in the 40's and 50's, incredible.

I think Einstein, like most persons with an iq 130 and above, have pondered on the tens of thousands of geniuses present in other cultures who die due to environmental and cultural norms far outside of their control. Additionally, when observing a foreign culture it is immediatrly difficult to even know where to begin in assessing / finding such individuals.

Imo, who cares about race. The combined iq of America’s Trump base couldn’t total higher than if we could find these people / have them represent leadership positions. Every year the world lives in stagnation and an unenlightened state is another year of wasted potential.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    "racism is a disease of white people"

that's enough for me to not like him personally. people were believing this fucking bullshit even back in the 40's and 50's, incredible.
    Yes, because racism in the 30s, 40s and 50s was primarily propagated by people that were white and due to colonialism, was pretty widespread among both America and the (former) European empires.

oh ffs sake. This isn't racist it is fucking observation of a completely fucked culture that still suffers from the same problems.
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

Everyone was racist back then even *gasp my grandparents was!

Hell even people like Gandi didnt much care for black people when he was traveling through South Africa.

It the way of the world back then and we cant change it no matter how much we want too.

Quote Originally Posted by Techno-Druid View Post
    Yes, because racism in the 30s, 40s and 50s was primarily propagated by people that were white and due to colonialism, was pretty widespread among both America and the (former) European empires.
    that's not an excuse to behave like that. it's fucking pathetic to be selfhating, anyone that is deserves no respect or admiration.

the only thing lower is a fetish cuckold.

Deleted
    Einstein... wasn't he all fake? Or was that just conspiracy?

Quote Originally Posted by Naadir View Post
    Einstein... wasn't he all fake? Or was that just conspiracy?
    oh no, he was brilliant.

he just had a shitty personality, as most scientists seem to have.

Observant, I'd say.

Quote Originally Posted by toastmoast View Post
    You'd be amazed at the number of historical figures who were racist. Karl Marx for example frequently used the N-word, so much for cultural marxism....
    The n word never was racist in europe, it was the normal word for black people, with no insult or something.

Nigger /Neger beeing an insult was a american thing only.

Only in the 90s this american "nigger is an insult" thing swapped over to europe, and all sweets with choclate that had the prefix "Neger-" something (for example Negerkuss (french style baiser cookie with chocolate wrapping) were gradually renamed into something more "politically correct", another example was Negerbrot (Nigger bread) =very dark choclate, Negermusik = nigger music, swing jazz blues (the was very popular in europe too, and the name didnt mean an insult)

In europe neger/negro / nigger was never derogative or insulting. It just was the normal name for a person with black /deep brown skin from africa, derived from latin negro = black.
    Last edited by Holofernes; 2018-06-16 at 12:59 PM.

Deleted
    Does it really matter?