Page 1 of 16
... LastLast

They need a better class design team ASAP

It seems like everyone's concern and why people are not going to buy BfA or drop it fast is because of class design, the game came to be a HoTS/Diablo type clone in term of class design, where you spam 4 spells and these spells are realy boring. The fact that class design/balance has been objectively shit for 3 exp says something. Why can't we just get back to BC/WoTLK level skills?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's late, but they have been pushing rapid class changes out for the past week or two. And the current ptr appears to have even further changes than the beta. They were trying to design classes around the idea that azerite armor would do most of the fleshing out. Then azerite armor turned out to be a bunch of passive damage procs that had no effect on gameplay, so now it's a scramble for the class teams to fix things.

And no, I don't want BC's one-button spam class design.

Deleted
    Classes are fine.

Aslong as they have interesting sets/talents on that azerite gear.

A lot of people lack vision. Legion was in a terrible state. BfA is in a good state. The classes do look a bit on the basic side baseline, but the talents give it more complexity if you so wish. Add the azerite bonuses on top of it and you got varied and playable classes that don't depend on the added system to function like they did in Legion.

Btw, as far as being 3 or 4 buttons in the main rotation, it's always been the case. It is not new.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    You might not like them but that doesn’t make them objectively shit I think a lot of the classes are fine or better then they were befor.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Classes are fine.

A lot of people lack vision. Legion was in a terrible state. BfA is in a good state. The classes do look a bit on the basic side baseline, but the talents give it more complexity if you so wish. Add the azerite bonuses on top of it and you got varied and playable classes that don't depend on the added system to function like they did in Legion.

Btw, as far as being 3 or 4 buttons in the main rotation, it's always been the case. It is not new.
    First of all, you're completely wrong. In Legion artifacts filled every gap and every hole your class/spec had. The reason many people think it was unbalanced is because it was hard to keep multiple specs in top shape, but that is something for another day.

In BFA the classes feel like shadows of their former self. Why? Because the huge majority of specs were overhauled or changed in one way or another in Legion and they were designed around being flawed and artifacts filling those flaws. Yes, most of the traits were small flat buffs, but each spec had 2-3 traits that were something that changed the way you play completely and also makes the spec make sense. For example, Demonic build for Havoc spec is only possible because of the trait Feast on the Souls. Crit is a go-to not just because of the refund on your main ability, but because through traits you get a lot of + critical DAMAGE on that main ability. Now you have neither, and crit is gone from the most important stat, to the most shitty stat.

3-4 buttons in the main rotation isn't the problem. The gameplay that feels slow, sluggish, ineffective and has holes in the rotation is the problem.
    Burn it. BURN IT!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synthium View Post
    First of all, you're completely wrong. In Legion artifacts filled every gap and every hole your class/spec had. The reason many people think it was unbalanced is because it was hard to keep multiple specs in top shape, but that is something for another day.

In BFA the classes feel like shadows of their former self. Why? Because the huge majority of specs were overhauled or changed in one way or another in Legion and they were designed around being flawed and artifacts filling those flaws. Yes, most of the traits were small flat buffs, but each spec had 2-3 traits that were something that changed the way you play completely and also makes the spec make sense. For example, Demonic build for Havoc spec is only possible because of the trait Feast on the Souls. Crit is a go-to not just because of the refund on your main ability, but because through traits you get a lot of + critical DAMAGE on that main ability. Now you have neither, and crit is gone from the most important stat, to the most shitty stat.

3-4 buttons in the main rotation isn't the problem. The gameplay that feels slow, sluggish, ineffective and has holes in the rotation is the problem.
    No, i'm not. But just as people didn't see the disaster that Legion was compared to WoD in class design and got distracted by the shiny new animations, i don't expect people to realize when they are actually better.
    Are they perfect though? Of course not. Far from it, but it is clearly an improvement from Legion.

But alas, we each are entitled our opinions.

10+ Year Old Account
    alas, we each are entitled our opinions.
    Which doesn't matter because he's right and you're wrong," Opinions are invalid. Stop being a kid, Its okay to be wrong. Saying WoD classes was good makes anything you say total shitposting tier and no thats not my opinion thats pure fact.

I agree for sure and right on the nail.
    Remember, A Man may break a Woman's Heart - But a Woman will destroy a Man's life. - SJK @ the #Antiwokenessworld

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post
    Which doesn't matter because he's right and you're wrong," Opinions are invalid. Stop being a kid, Its okay to be wrong. Saying WoD classes was good makes anything you say total shitposting tier and no thats not my opinion thats pure fact.
    Oh boy! Who went and made you lord of the universe? Spare me the nonsense. Actually your post tells me exactly the same about you. Funny that. You have no idea what you are talking about. Shocker! It's called disagreeing. Get used to it.

The only specs that need work are:

enhance
    elemental
    shadow
    guardian
    arcane

Everything else is fine - people really need to take all these "classes are bad" posts with a grain of salt, because 90% of them are referring to the above specs. Call me naive, but 31/36 specs in a good state is nothing to scoff at.

Quote Originally Posted by Reclaimer View Post

I agree for sure and right on the nail.
    Except he isn't right at all. I would take BFA fury and Arms design over legion any day of the week. Same with the new Demo and Survival designs. Thats how opinions work and why opinions aren't invalid.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point i've tested mage, feral, survival and shadow/disc and i don't find them boring or shitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It seems like everyone's concern and why people are not going to buy BfA or drop it fast is because of class design, the game came to be a HoTS/Diablo type clone in term of class design, where you spam 4 spells and these spells are realy boring. The fact that class design/balance has been objectively shit for 3 exp says something. Why can't we just get back to BC/WoTLK level skills?
    if this game, which ive been trying to get back into for the last year, went back to BC/WOTLK class design id IMMEDIATELY be back and raiding/leveling like i was back then...I started in BC and loved how classes were so unique and so different....they keep saying the classes are different but keep homogonizing them...it's sad to be honest....

- - - Updated - - -

Classes are fine.

classes are NOT fine, glad to see you have your head in your ass but the classes are boring as fuck now and they are getting ever more similar almost everyday...

- - - Updated - - -

Classes are fine.

id say you're the one who lacks vision

- - - Updated - - -

Classes are fine.

and as for rotations being 3-4 buttons always is just a blatant lie lol
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Besides Demonolgy or survival, are any specs actually better going from Legion to BfA?
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

well said....very well said.

- - - Updated - - -

No, i'm not. But just as people didn't see the disaster that Legion was compared to WoD in class design and got distracted by the shiny new animations, i don't expect people to realize when they are actually better.
    Are they perfect though? Of course not. Far from it, but it is clearly an improvement from Legion.

But alas, we each are entitled our opinions.
    you are actually wrong, which I do see quite a lot on these forums....lol
    Master Personal Trainer Instagram: Understarmor
    Certified Fitness Nutritionist Facebook: Paul Starnes Fitness
    Certified in Corrective Exercise Science

If you have any fitness/nutrition related questions, feel free to DM me!

people have been stressing aroun dhs for a bit , I find them fine and fun to play so I'm happy since I don't quite enjoy warrior specs anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Besides Demonolgy or survival, are any specs actually better going from Legion to BfA?
    I'd say Fury is now, after the recent changes. Maybe Unholy too.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    At this point i've tested mage, feral, survival and shadow/disc and i don't find them boring or shitty
    eh feral can't even pull off a full rotation with the optimal talents and resource management is broken.. i wouldn't call that fine.
    also lots of talents that are a remnant from a time that the game has long since moved past.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Putin-Chan View Post
    Prot warrior, disc, shadow and arcane definitely feel better, others i mentioned are kinda same (fire is exactly the same as legion fire and it bothers me so fucking much)
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

well Feast on souls is a trait in azerite armor so that's a thing I'm looking forward to , combined with cycle of hatred I can see the demonic build coming back

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    eh feral can't even pull off a full rotation with the optimal talents and resource management is broken.. i wouldn't call that fine.
    also lots of talents that are a remnant from a time that the game has long since moved past.
    I have no clue which talents you are talking about, and by resource management you mean lack of crit and haste in early expansion? You do remember that right now you compare late-expansion feral to early-expansion feral, off course you won't have enough crit to generate CP at the same rate and won't have enough haste to have same energy generation.