Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post
    I wonder... is Vrsaljko actually playing any games for Atletico? He seemed fucking wasted on the pitch.
    Yeah but the Guy is a headcase - red card waiting to happen that one.

@Firebane

Opinion on France / Pogba today?

Quote Originally Posted by Bobby B View Post
    @Firebane

Opinion on France / Pogba today?
    Pogba is lazy pretty much all game....then have one or two moments of effort and a flair for no reason and gives up the ball. Sometimes he lucks out and the one or two moments is game changing or he scores a goal. But they are few and far between..

France looks like a group of individuals and not a gel'd team. This is carry over from the US friendly before the World Cup. They may make it out of the group but if they don't show inspiration they'll go home. In the knock-out round.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    Pogba is lazy pretty much all game....then have one or two moments of effort and a flair for no reason and gives up the ball. Sometimes he lucks out and the one or two moments is game changing or he scores a goal. But they are few and far between..

France looks like a group of individuals and not a gel'd team. This is carry over from the US friendly before the World Cup. They may make it out of the group but if they don't show inspiration they'll go home. In the knock-out round.
    Yes, but those are what football fans remember. Especially when he plays for their team. :P
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

I just hope germany and brazil playing a good game tomorrow.

Thought Peru - Denmark was a decent game, otherwise it was a poor day (at least in comparison to yesterday's game of Spain-Portugal)

Deleted
    I actually think Costa Rica/Serbia will be the best game tomorrow. Brazil/Switzerland and Germany/Mexico will probably both end up 2-0. Nothing exciting, disciplined, no-nonsense stuff.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    Thought Peru - Denmark was a decent game, otherwise it was a poor day (at least in comparison to yesterday's game of Spain-Portugal)
    Argentina - Iceland wasn't so bad. The Messi miss added some spice to it.

Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    I have about had enough of these fucking horns. The rest of the world need to get their fucking shit together and understand that this is not the time or place for this carnival bullshit and just let off flares like Europeans have been doing for decades.
    Agreed. They're worse than the Vuvuzelas.

Man, my Nigeria bet is looking shit now. I love the African teams generally, but I don't know if they're going to do much of anything this year. Morocco couldn't beat Iran, Nigeria stunk....

Deleted
    Hope France keep winning, they do rely on overwhelming the opposition with talent. I almost feel the same about spain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tommypilgrim View Post
    Man, you watch a game like this and you just think to yourself, "boy, we sure need another twelve teams who are even fucking worse".
    Exactly one of the reasons why I laugh whenever anyone says that the World Cup is a superior tournament to the Champions League.

Sure, one or two trash teams might get through to the Champions League group stages, but every single World Cup we have multiple teams that are complete and utter dogshit.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    Agreed. They're worse than the Vuvuzelas.
    Gotta disagree, the occasional horn beats the constant monotonous drone by miles. I quit the Morocco game before half time.
    Last edited by Lollis; 2018-06-17 at 12:16 AM.
    Speciation Is Gradual

Quote Originally Posted by Lollis View Post
    Exactly one of the reasons why I laugh whenever anyone says that the World Cup is a superior tournament to the Champions League.

Sure, one or two trash teams might get through to the Champions League group stages, but every single World Cup we have multiple teams that are complete and utter dogshit.

Gotta disagree, the occasional horn beats the constant monotonous drone by miles. I quit the Morocco game before half time.
    It's no secret that clubs nowadays play better football than the national teams, I mean it should be obvious since they are playing all the time together and are composed of the best players. But ask any football player and they trade 5 Champions Leagues for a World Cup. The World Cup is worth so much more.

- - - Updated - - -

Spain and Portugal both showed strengths and weaknesses although Portugal's biggest strength was invidiual brilliance from Ronaldo but then again, an in-form Ronaldo with a decent team behind him can go far. Argentina looked shit and France didn't impress. Bert van Marwijk is an expert in "destroying" the game for better sides and I do think France will improve.

As already stated, the first round is often quite lame since everybody only wants to take a solid 3 points but would be nice with some teams starting to show some real power. Brazil and Germany are favourites so maybe they will put on a show but Switzerland and Mexico aren't teams you just walk over.

According to some site, chances of winning the World Cup:

Germany - 24%

Brazil - 19,8%

Spain - 16,1%

England - 8,5%

France - 7,3%

Belgium - 5,3%

Argentina - 4,9%

Portugal - 3,1%

Uruguay - 1,8%

Switzerland - 1,8%

Mexico - 1,8%

England with more than the double chance of Portugal to win the WC? And more than France, Belgium and Argentina too? LMAO.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xlightning View Post
    According to some site, chances of winning the World Cup:

Germany - 24%

Brazil - 19,8%

Spain - 16,1%

England - 8,5%

France - 7,3%

Belgium - 5,3%

Argentina - 4,9%

Portugal - 3,1%

Uruguay - 1,8%

Switzerland - 1,8%

Mexico - 1,8%

England with more than the double chance of Portugal to win the WC? And more than France, Belgium and Argentina too? LMAO.
    This is probably based on the bets people have put in.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Argentina barely scraped through qualifying, as good as some of the players they have are, they just don't seem to add up to much as a team. I don't really expect much from them this tournament and wasn't at all surprised Iceland held them to a draw. Belgium similarly, great individuals, wouldn't rate them as a team.

Think ultimately it's between Spain, Germany and Brazil though so it has that right, no way England would be fourth pick, they're not semi-finalist material, France and Portugal are miles ahead of them.

Portugal and Argentina looked like sides that are going to be relying on outscoring their opponents (in particular Caballero is Argentina's third GK and their back four is leakier than the White House).

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Argentina barely scraped through qualifying, as good as some of the players they have are, they just don't seem to add up to much as a team. I don't really expect much from them this tournament and wasn't at all surprised Iceland held them to a draw. Belgium similarly, great individuals, wouldn't rate them as a team.

Think ultimately it's between Spain, Germany and Brazil though so it has that right, no way England would be fourth pick, they're not semi-finalist material, France and Portugal are miles ahead of them.
    England also suffers from "great individuals but not a team" syndrome. Always has done, really.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    England also suffers from "great individuals but not a team" syndrome. Always has done, really.
    We don't even have too many of those 'great individuals' these days either.

Great individuals?
    The only great individual we have is Harry Kane.

Everyone else is either inconsistent or average.

15+ Year Old Account
    They should start playing as UK instead of individual countries.
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.