Poll: Pregnant statement

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Funny how it's not "we" when deciding to abort a child. (I mean, it can be a consensual thing, but the male has zero actual say in the matter.)

We might be having a baby. But she is pregnant.

Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    Whenever I hear a woman say "we're pregnant", my thoughts quietly say "no YOU are pregnant"...

Of course I dont say this out loud to anyone but I wanted others take on this.

What do you think of "we're pregnant"? Does it even matter? Why or why not?
    in some situations it can still work, like in the case of this couple

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/real-l...t-same-6166953

This poll shows that a little under 50% of mmo-champ' posters will troll if given the chance. Interesting results!

Since English is not my native language, I agree it sounds dumb.

But is it dumber than WoD?

"We're pregnant" sounds stupid to me for obvious reasons (unless it's two lesbians who are both actually pregnant), but I know what they mean with the sentiment and it doesn't matter.

Ugh.

"I'm pregnant(physiological fact), we're having a baby(if you really need to include your partner in a statement)"

We're pregnant - trendy nonsense.
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

Who the heck says "we're pregnant"? Only heard of "we're expecting"...

I have two kids. When my wife got pregnant, I never said "we".

"She's pregnant. I can't wait to see and hold our kid!"

I hope some of you get to experience parenthood. I love it but I made a lot of sacrifices. Make sure you're prepared to do that.

For my wife and I, it was "I am pregnant," when she told people and for me "my wife is pregnant," not "we are pregnant."
    Back to your bridge, you evil Troll!

Deleted
    Just remember: even if it's a quickie, wrap that stickie!

Yeah, the man is pregnant too. Your life changes for that 9 months just as much as hers does. You get new chores, new errands and gotta put up with her hormones getting wrecked.

Deleted
    Whenever I hear a woman say "we're pregnant", my thoughts quietly say "no YOU are pregnant"...

He is pregnant.

Dunno about you guys, but I had a heck of a good time in Ashran.

Quote Originally Posted by Solarnova View Post
    Dunno about you guys, but I had a heck of a good time in Ashran.
    Surprisingly, I did too. Ended up being my favorite part of WOD. :P

-I am pregnant if you are alone , or the father is a ahole and left or you used IV etc.

-We are when you have a relationship and you want to raise it as family/team/parents 2gether.

So you are "wrong" . You may have your opinion. But its all about the situation and context.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

It's We because both parents have to make life changing decisions, those who start off with I tend to end up single parents.

Grammar Nazis and angry lonely people seem to be the ones that are irked by this statement. Who cares how people say it be happy for them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvito View Post
    Grammar Nazis and angry lonely people seem to be the ones that are irked by this statement. Who cares how people say it be happy for them.
    This.

10char
    Blood Elves were based on a STRONG request from a poll of Asian players where many remarked on the Horde side that they and their girlfriends wanted a non-creepy femme race to play (Source)