10+ Year Old Account
    That time of year again. Eagles got their Superbowl rings, and this is what it looks like:

Deleted
    World Champions for winning a closed off privately owned league.

I can't stand the grammatically incorrect slogan on the side.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ring doesnt realy look that great lol
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bajskorv View Post
    World Champions for winning a closed off privately owned league.
    Ugh, these posts. Let me know what foreign baseball/basketball/football team would beat the top American one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetFlume View Post
    Ugh, these posts. Let me know what foreign baseball/basketball/football team would beat the top American one.
    You can argue the same thing for the top EU soccer clubs. Yet we still have a competition every year where the winner of the Champions League and the other regions of the world's equivalent match up against each other to decide who gets to officially call themselves the World Champion, even if it is usually the European team and very occasionally the South American one, but far as I know, never a team from anywhere else.

I mean, we get it, but it's quite an arrogant thing to do. To claim to be world champion, without actually playing against teams from other countries to actually make that claim valid. They're the North American champions, and in football, not even that, cause the Canadians have their own competition.

And you see, usually those kinds of competitions get played in a tournament, in which you only need 1 loss to get knocked out. I have a shrewd suspicion that in baseball and maybe even in basketball, that the American teams could very well have an off day and get beaten by top competition from abroad, even if it only happened once every 10 or 15 years.

And as for Football, can't claim to be World Champions just cause you're pretty much the only one playing the sport professionally. There's tons of sports that are largely played only in 1 or a few countries. None of those teams claim to be world champions. It's a weird thing only the US seems to do.

I loved the Jacksonville Jags last year

Their defence was amazing & they just about gave it to the Pats

Jags are they still a Threat ?

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    You can argue the same thing for the top EU soccer clubs. Yet we still have a competition every year where the winner of the Champions League and the other regions of the world's equivalent match up against each other to decide who gets to officially call themselves the World Champion, even if it is usually the European team and very occasionally the South American one, but far as I know, never a team from anywhere else.

I mean, we get it, but it's quite an arrogant thing to do. To claim to be world champion, without actually playing against teams from other countries to actually make that claim valid. They're the North American champions, and in football, not even that, cause the Canadians have their own competition.

And you see, usually those kinds of competitions get played in a tournament, in which you only need 1 loss to get knocked out. I have a shrewd suspicion that in baseball and maybe even in basketball, that the American teams could very well have an off day and get beaten by top competition from abroad, even if it only happened once every 10 or 15 years.

And as for Football, can't claim to be World Champions just cause you're pretty much the only one playing the sport professionally. There's tons of sports that are largely played only in 1 or a few countries. None of those teams claim to be world champions. It's a weird thing only the US seems to do.
    For baseball, basketball, and hockey at least, it's a better claim because all of the best international talent plays in the North American leagues. Most other countries just don't really have the economic capacity to sustain big time sports leagues to the same degree that America can, but I think in time as both the talent and the fanbase go global in all of these sports, where a team is based becomes increasingly irrelevant. I just sort of view the "world champion" claim as being one of those hyperbolic marketing gimmicks that sports leagues do to seem more important and serious than they actually are.

Football is obviously different because nobody else really plays it, and the CFL can't be considered equal competition because most of their players are just washed up Americans. And honestly, while I enjoy the game myself, I wouldn't ever want it to catch on globally, not just because of how dangerous the game is, but because the culture of the sport has so many toxic elements that have seeped into our culture at large and reflect some of the worst elements of American society.

15+ Year Old Account

Do you complain about the miss universe title too? What if there are hotter women outside of earth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumboy View Post
    I'm not sure if you guys have noticed but sometimes I say things that are kind of dumb
    I just like reading about the "vigorous rubbing" that might affect ball inflation.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is kinda fun: https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1008406855461335040

Amazing that Big Andy doesn't make the car lean to one side. He must have been on a diet again.

10+ Year Old Account
    "#Bucs QB Jameis Winston is expected to be suspended by the NFL for several games for the his conduct with an Uber driver, sources say. A number has not yet been finalized. Jeff Cameron of ESPN Radio 97.9 originally said three games, and one source believes that is the ballpark." - Rapoport

Wow

10+ Year Old Account
    "#Bucs QB Jameis Winston is expected to be suspended by the NFL for several games for the his conduct with an Uber driver, sources say. A number has not yet been finalized. Jeff Cameron of ESPN Radio 97.9 originally said three games, and one source believes that is the ballpark." - Rapoport

Wow
    Here's hoping for Fitztragic in Week 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping for Fitztragic in Week 1.
    I would give Fitz credit for taking out the competition yet again to get a starting job, but this is all on Jameis Douchebag himself so.

The Eagles gave Jon Dorenbos a ring. That was pretty fucking classy.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Panthers, Saints and Bucs players getting suspended. Meanwhile im sitting here laughing and praying the suspension bug doesn't come our way!

Referee Gene Steratore retired.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Piglord View Post
    Referee Gene Steratore retired.
    So did Jeff Tripplette, who joined the Monday Night Football crew.

Steratore is going to be a loss, Tripplette not so much. Definitely going to be an interesting first few weeks in the NFL where it comes to refereeing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, maybe the current refs will be able to determine the down and distance without resorting to sticking pieces of paper in there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh, maybe the current refs will be able to determine the down and distance without resorting to sticking pieces of paper in there.
    Wonder if that had anything to do with him leaving. I'd forgotten it had even happened, but I guess other people were less impressed with it and did not.

If anyone thinks using the piece of paper to show off (seemed like that was why he did it) is bad, they need to check out Joe West, CB Buckner or Angel Hernandez to see it can be far, far worse.

I think everyone knew Fitzpatrick would end up starting at least 1 game since that is his way, but this is a whole new level to pull it off.