Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Which spec will you level with in BFA?

Frost seems like the default choice. Slows along with other tool kits would be a safe pick.

For fire, I like Fire’s causterize effect. Frenetic speed seems good too. Dragon breath’s effect could be another tool for mass disorient for packs.

For arcane, I’m not really familiar. I guess burn down fast? Drink, repeat?

Would be cool if they made the leggo chest ability baseline for all specs or part of shimmer talent.

i never understood the idea behind leveling with a spec despite actually wanting to play another one

i'll just level with the spec i intent to play which will be either arcane or frost depending on changes till 8.0

so far arcane is missing something, i really hope they find it and give it to the spec, otherwise frost works for me too

Deleted
    Arcane is brokenly OP with some legendary combinations (i.e. shoulders+pants for AoE) so I am probably going to start out as Arcane. From my experience secondary stats drop A LOT while leveling. More that I ever experienced I think. So I guess I will just see and switch to Frost if needed as Frost is again the safe and easy choice.

But I am probably going to level in a team with 4 friends again so I guess it wouldn't even really matter anyway. As a sidenote Fire is as always a strong choice as well if you have enough gear to kill mobs simply by going firestarter pyro crit into fireblast oneshot on every mob and the DB helm/Sephuz combination will be really strong to get arround quickly and to finish off big packs.

All of them, I'll switch around trying things, whatever I have fun with. Focusing on specs is for end game progression.
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    Blizzard do what the players want all the time.

Deleted
    I levelled to 116 on beta as Frost and it's incredibly fluid and the AoE feels amazing. I've only ever died when I've really over extended on my pulls.

Deleted
    There is no penalty in BfA for leveling as a different spec than your prefered level 120 spec. So obviously the best and safest leveling spec: Frost.

5+ Year Old Account
    Fire.

No reason just because I play Fire Mage and I will always level as a Fire Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usually choose frost to level for pet ranged freeze, and Ice Barrier, but now that each spec has a barrier, I don't see anything being a problem with leveling other than mana. So I will most likely choose Frost or Fire, Arcane is almost always a no go when it comes to downtime to eat/drink.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcene View Post
    Fire.

No reason just because I play Fire Mage and I will always level as a Fire Mage.
    Same here. Frost is the rational choice but I'm a fire mage.

So fire

fire is much better for wqs in legion in because you can basically 2 shot everything with pheonix flames + fireblast +pyro, frost relies on procs so its rng. Yes frost has better survivability but if your geared atm you really shouldn't need till like 118. And yes pheonix flames is taken out from baseline but it will be a talent.

This should give a hint:

Most survivable of the three ... well until I start running into some PvP if I have War Mode on.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

I wanted to play arcane in BFA but I really don’t like the way it plays on beta. It feels less fleshed out than the other two. Either they’ve got something planned for it or they’ll be changing it post launch, but the current state just doesn’t feel like it has any flow, especially compared to the other two. I’ll probably end up playing frost for leveling and early endgame and switch to whatever’s fotm for raiding. Fire is really good so far too.
    Beta Club Brosquad

As long as legendaries work I will run with arcane and nuke the ever-living shit out of every world-trashmob. Once I hit the point where blizzard will take that fun away from me I will probably switch to frost. It's reliable damage with lots of CC. When I ran around with fire the lack of Phoenix Flames and Flame On at the same time kinda ruined the high octane feel for me and I might as well hard-cast something that does dmg, like I think I will rather one-shot double pulls with Glacial Spike or skip one mob with a flurry procc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Due to the artifact and the meta at the time, I levelled as Fire in Legion. It was not an overall pleasant experience, fire is just a bit too squishy.

I plan to level as Frost in Legion. Frost has served me well in every other period of WoW as my levelling spec with Ice barrier giving me some minor tankiness and my pet's freeze keeping the mobs away from my frail glass cannon body.

I enjoy both fire and frost immensely, my two favorite specs in the game happen to be on the same class so it doesn't matter if I end up staying frost or going fire at 120 for endgame. I will be content either way.

Arcane ftw. Tried it on beta, and it feels nice. Fast and steady. Haven't tried with the leggos(started new 110 on beta before copy) the shoulders+pants should make it a breeze.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    Same here. Frost is the rational choice but I'm a fire mage.

So fire
    High five for the Fire mage. May your crits be frequent and your pyroblasts empowered.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    This should give a hint:

Most survivable of the three ... well until I start running into some PvP if I have War Mode on.
    Handle? Cane?

I might be too stupid to get the hint. >:

Been playing Alpha/Beta since it rolled out. Arcane is on another level lol

I HIGHLY recommend Arcane or Frost especially while leveling with or without warmode warmode.

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Handle? Cane?
    r cane.

Badum tish...

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toroc View Post
    Been playing Alpha/Beta since it rolled out. Arcane is on another level lol

I HIGHLY recommend Arcane or Frost especially while leveling with or without warmode warmode.
    So, fire it is then?