Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    I've been saying it for awhile: next expansion will break up Horde and Alliance and you'll have to choose between the Light or the Void. This is Blizzards way of balancing the factions since Horde outweigh the Alliance by a huge margin.

Obviously, certain races will be defaulted into their respective sides: IE Void Elves/Lightforged Draenei.

And with Calia leading some sort of Lightforged Undead, this leads me to believe their will be another Void/Shadow race.
    dont believe that. why? because blizz is lazy and milks the cow. why invest effort, change base concept stuff, which creates work for blizzard, when they just could do what they always do ? recycling and the same stuff as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    not anymore as of BfA.
    she is nobody in the forsaken power hierarchy, only a ninja who works for nathanos

They could have given her the eastern half of Lordaeron (with the Argent Crusade forming the core of her military), Tyr's Hand as her capital, and an interesting plot line that acts as a foil to Sylvanas, e.g. there could have been Forsaken defectors, etc. Instead, they killed her off, made her into a light zombie, and in essence, doubled-down on the comic book nonsense. To be frank, they need to fire their writing staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darklok View Post
    Calia has absolutely no reason to belong to the Horde and fight her own people. Also, Calia is more on the Alliance side as she tried to bring some of the Forsaken to the Alliance. If Calia becomes the queen of Lordaeron then she will surely fight for the Alliance as she belongs more to the Alliance than to the Horde and we must not forget that the Horde lost Lordaeron.
    I do not think neither lordaeron nor teldrasil are lost forever, I'm sure the forsaken and the night elves will return to their lands sooner or later.
    Calia says in the novel that she wants to be the leader of the Forsaken who are her people!

He's prolly going to be a leader of a sect that wants to live in stormwind. After the factions are in peace obviously. It does seem like the only obstacle right now is Sylvanas for that to happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Yeah, what horde really needs now is another leader who is alliance ass-licker.

No, Baine is quite enough treason for one faction.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyssander View Post
    Well, yes. He cares about Sylvanas and his dogs. He does not care about turning people to zombies and taking over the world for himself like the OP is implying.
    Yeah, all this "Nathanos is 1,000x worse than Sylvanas talk" is kinda confusing me. Is there some new lore in BFA they're not sharing? Cause Nathanos is actually one of my more favorite characters, if only for the fact he doesn't worship the ground the players walk on. Go talk to him at the Horde embassy for a laugh.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

I'm surprised that no one brought up making Calia the new 'Lich Queen' after we have to take out Bolvar.

7+ Year Old Account
    well i doubt, even from blizzard standarts seems pretty stupid, but after the mess they are doing with the lore it can happens

i would not like, prefer nathanos and the so dead council, but at this point would take everything just to get ride of sylvanas already

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    she is nobody in the forsaken power hierarchy, only a ninja who works for nathanos
    That still leaves faranel who would have become the leadet of the forsakens had not val'kyrs brought sylvanas back in the edge of night. Faranell is extremely influental as leader of the apothecary society and on power hierachy one of highest remaining individuals.

Quote Originally Posted by r3gul8r View Post
    I've been saying it for awhile: next expansion will break up Horde and Alliance and you'll have to choose between the Light or the Void. This is Blizzards way of balancing the factions since Horde outweigh the Alliance by a huge margin.

Obviously, certain races will be defaulted into their respective sides: IE Void Elves/Lightforged Draenei.

And with Calia leading some sort of Lightforged Undead, this leads me to believe there will be another Void/Shadow race.
    Interesting, but how would that even work? Literally only Undead and Void Elves would join the Void. lol Unless you meant players? Which makes it even more complicated.

I do not think neither lordaeron nor teldrasil are lost forever, I'm sure the forsaken and the night elves will return to their lands sooner or later.
    Calia says in the novel that she wants to be the leader of the Forsaken who are her people!
    Yes, the Forsaken Calia has tried to bring into the Alliance and we have learned in BtS that most of the Forsaken are more loyal to the Horde or Sylvanas. You ignore an important thing. If Calia goes to Horde ... how can she become the Queen of Lordaeron if the Horde lost Lordaeron? Due to the fact that the Horde has lost Lordaeron, I strongly doubt that the Horde at the end of BfA will get back Lordaeron because according to the infos the alliance makes powerful pressure in Lordaeron.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    ok calia is now an undead and she wants to be the ruler of the forsaken and lordaeron.

I think this is possible and I do not think sylvanas comes out alive from this expa and the forsaken will have a new leader who is a menethil.

Anduin would be very happy that Calia became the leader of the Forsaken.

for me the important thing would be that they add quest so that we help Calia to gain strength within the society of the Forsaken.

there are some people who talk about nathanos should be the leader but if you play the side of the horde you know that he hates us (player character) actually hates everything. also nathanos made it clear that the day that sylvanas dies he also dies
    They better keep that Light possessed puppet away. Do not trust the Light. It seeks to subjugate all.

I do think we'll be losing Sylvanas in BfA. I don't think Calia will take over Forsaken leadership as she's not a Horde character, she seems purely Alliance. And since the Horde is losing Lordaeron, there's no reason to have the "queen" of lordaeron rule the Forsaken. I think Nathanos will be the leader. I've been thinking this since he was given a unique character model before other racial leaders. And OP is very much mistaken about Nathanos' character. Nowhere is he presented as evil or worse than Sylvanas, his only crime is not fan girling over the player in quest dialogue. That's far from being a genocidal maniac. With how loyal he is to Sylvanas, if she was dying and told him to lead the Forsaken in her absence, he'd totally do it.

I don't think Sylvanas is gonna have a bad ending though. Blizz will try to give her a redemption arc so she doesn't turn into Garrosh2.0....they're trying to create all this moustache-twirling evil build up with her wanting to kill her sisters and everything so she can sacrifice herself to save their lives later down the story arc and give her a heroic and positive death.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    Interesting, but how would that even work? Literally only Undead and Void Elves would join the Void. lol Unless you meant players? Which makes it even more complicated.
    mahgar hate the light

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionChains View Post
    I do think we'll be losing Sylvanas in BfA. I don't think Calia will take over Forsaken leadership as she's not a Horde character, she seems purely Alliance. And since the Horde is losing Lordaeron, there's no reason to have the "queen" of lordaeron rule the Forsaken. I think Nathanos will be the leader. I've been thinking this since he was given a unique character model before other racial leaders. And OP is very much mistaken about Nathanos' character. Nowhere is he presented as evil or worse than Sylvanas, his only crime is not fan girling over the player in quest dialogue. That's far from being a genocidal maniac. With how loyal he is to Sylvanas, if she was dying and told him to lead the Forsaken in her absence, he'd totally do it.

I don't think Sylvanas is gonna have a bad ending though. Blizz will try to give her a redemption arc so she doesn't turn into Garrosh2.0....they're trying to create all this moustache-twirling evil build up with her wanting to kill her sisters and everything so she can sacrifice herself to save their lives later down the story arc and give her a heroic and positive death.
    Calia is part of the conclave, a neutral faction where priests of different races of both the alliance and the horde live together.
    Calia said she wants to be the leader of the Forsaken.

Calia is part of the conclave, a neutral faction where priests of different races of both the alliance and the horde live together.
    Calia said she wants to be the leader of the Forsaken.
    She also says she's not ready to do it and exits stage left after being resurrected. She's the daughter of an Alliance king who's screentime has been exclusively among Alliance characters. I doubt she'll take over, but she may have her little sub-faction.
    Dickmann's Law: As a discussion on the Lore forums becomes longer, the probability of the topic derailing to become about Sylvanas approaches 1.

Tinkers will be the next Class confirmed.

Then we'd need another bloody warchief.

"The horde goes through warchiefs like Draenor goes through alternate timelines!"

The main thing is Calia wouldn't support resurrecting people as forsaken the way Sylvanas has been, which could be a threat to their existence if she took over. If she resurrected them like she was, then they wouldn't be normal forsaken anymore and would be an allied race or something.

I can see how people tied this into a potential "lightforged forsaken" alliance allied race but I'm still not sure. Either way she couldn't coexist with Sylvanas or resort to her methods.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-06-17 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Dickmann View Post
    She also says she's not ready to do it and exits stage left after being resurrected. She's the daughter of an Alliance king who's screentime has been exclusively among Alliance characters. I doubt she'll take over, but she may have her little sub-faction.
    That first sentence literally leaves the door open to her being “ready” at some point.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......

7+ Year Old Account
    What is she supposed to look like now anyway?

She was not raised as a typical undead being in traditional WoW style. Does she just look like her normal human form with some glowing yellow eyes?