Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Trueshot (and Rapid Fire before) were always 'meh', it was only because of the massive trait, trinket, legendary and tier support that made it feel good in Legion (CD brought down to 1,5 minutes, +50% crit damage).

I wish they'd get rid of it and instead gave us something like +X% crit chance AND crit damage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwaai View Post
    Really slow. We'll see if 2.5s AiS fixes this, but it'll still be slower than a Chaos Bolt.

No impactful procs. Precise Shots doesn't really affect you much because you're going to have to be dumping focus anyway. All of the non-LnL proc talents are unbelievably low impact. A 30% chance at a free AS after an AiS is worth what, 15 focus every ~30 seconds? A guaranteed AiS crit after every 10th SS? Come on. That's optimistically like once a minute. LnL is great, but a 5% chance with a 3s weapon means it's a single global every minute that feels good.

Trueshot feels like shit to press, being on the gcd and ideally used only at 0 AiS charges. It doesn't impact your rotation like on live, it just makes it moderately faster. Which is tempered by the gcd it takes up.

There's just never a time when you're doing stuff and you feel good. There's no "stars align" moments. A bm hunter might get a string of Barbed Shot resets, or a demo lock might get a string of demonic core procs, and those feel really good and happen reasonably often to spice up their respective rotations. MM doesn't have anything remotely comparable outside of LnL, which just doesn't proc enough to reliably feel good.
    Oh... thanks...
    What about Windburst? I enjoy this ability currently.
    Aimed Shot is indeed a long 'cast'......

Quote Originally Posted by Mavick View Post
    Nobody is forcing you to move....well, except mechanics I guess...but still...
    Exactly, so we should not complain when they nerf our mobility or give our abilities cast time.. it fits the fantasy of a Marksman

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Oh... thanks...
    What about Windburst? I enjoy this ability currently.
    Aimed Shot is indeed a long 'cast'......
    Windburst is gone but it's not really a big deal considering the revamp. Its main point was to be non-RNG vulnerability tool and with the mechanic gone, it would be more about utility (trail of wind) than counter-RNG value.
    On the other hand, if they combined it with Piercing shot into high-damage line AoE dropping the speed-up line and using Windburst graphic, that would be a cool talent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaver View Post
    Exactly, so we should not complain when they nerf our mobility or give our abilities cast time.. it fits the fantasy of a Marksman
    Actually it fits the fantasy of a marksman imagined by someone who is not a marksman. Almost anyone can be accurate standing still or when taking their time. Being accurate while moving and under pressure is what takes skill.

In your opinion, maybe, but it's just that. And nobody is obligated to give a shit about it. Some of us started preferring the spec less when they did start doing that. There's a way, however, to make us both a bit more happy, which this newest incarnation seems to be trying to. We can be able to move while casting anything but aimed shot, and you can roleplay a turret, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Jurassic View Post
    Actually it fits the fantasy of a marksman imagined by someone who is not a marksman. Almost anyone can be accurate standing still or when taking their time. Being accurate while moving and under pressure is what takes skill.
    Duuuude, that’s a lie! You never see a sniper running around doing saltos and shit. You’re right that being accurate while moving takes skill, but you’re a Marksman, not freaking James Bond
    Last edited by Kaver; 2018-06-13 at 06:11 AM.

Duuuude, that’s a lie! You never see a sniper running around doing saltos and shit. You’re right that being accurate while moving takes skill, but you’re a Marksman, not freaking James Bond
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEG-ly9tQGk

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    "You’re right that being accurate while moving takes skill, but you’re a Marksman, not freaking James Bond" - That guy obviously thinks he is James Bond. Not a Marksman.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosweaver View Post
    This has nothing to do with real archery imo, it's more like an artistic circus show. No doubt that he has some impressive skills, but he is probably using a weak-ass bow which would only tickle enemies further away than like 10-20m and also you don't know how many takes it took him, till he managed to hit the things he did in the video under those circumstances.
    I am all for mobile hunters, since this is a fantasy game after all and it is more fun that way, but if realism is your goal, a marksman needs to stand still to really hit anything with a proper bow and at reasonable distances. This opinion is based on my own experiences from practicing real life archery for 19 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Not sure how many changes have been since the OP but i am melting faces in dungeons as my MM hunter. Looks great going into BFA. ANything would compared to Legion hunter tbh

- - - Updated - - -

WHAT? No. A 20% damage reduction is ALWAYS better then 10% more health. Increased health is only good for pvp or if you are getting one shot in PvE(which you wont).
    Aggrammar mythic? My point is just, 20% damage reduction heavily favors bursts of incoming damage and even more so, obviously, the closer the cooldown on the DR lines up with the intervalts of the specific burst damage spell.

If you imagine a fight with very frequent, but less hard-hitting, damage from the boss, perhaps you'd rather just have a greater health pool.

I personally enjoy a 20% DR a lot more myself, since it's something I control and can use smartly, whereas more HP is just more HP. I was only saying that different fights/types of damage favor different ways of countering it, which I don't think is very controversial

"You’re right that being accurate while moving takes skill, but you’re a Marksman, not freaking James Bond" - That guy obviously thinks he is James Bond. Not a Marksman.
    We're not the typical Marksman, though. At this point we are James Bond times 1000 considering how many gods we've slain and how many times we've saved the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Allanon23 View Post
    We're not the typical Marksman, though. At this point we are James Bond times 1000 considering how many gods we've slain and how many times we've saved the world.
    You got a point there. Maybe it actually requires a name change of the spec. Many people are talking about Dark Rangers these days, but it could be a start to change the spec from Marksman to Ranger.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by andreasels View Post
    This has nothing to do with real archery imo, it's more like an artistic circus show. No doubt that he has some impressive skills, but he is probably using a weak-ass bow which would only tickle enemies further away than like 10-20m and also you don't know how many takes it took him, till he managed to hit the things he did in the video under those circumstances.
    I am all for mobile hunters, since this is a fantasy game after all and it is more fun that way, but if realism is your goal, a marksman needs to stand still to really hit anything with a proper bow and at reasonable distances. This opinion is based on my own experiences from practicing real life archery for 19 years.
    Everything is more fun mobile (and easier). If mages could avoid cast time all together I think they would.

Deleted
    Been playing all the specs on the PTR now and there are a few odd things I noticed when playing:

1. At some point during fights my weapon goes back on my back and I shoot empty handed. Weapon doesn't reappear until I completly stop fighting and start over again. Then after a few seconds the weapon goes back on the back again. (Tried it with the original artifact skin and a transmogged skin)

2. When I do the MM multitarget rotation and activate the AiS cleave with MS and put a RF in for focus, the cleave buff for the AiS gets dropped. Is that intended or a bug?

3. Mend Pet does heal me as well! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Erondur View Post

2. When I do the MM multitarget rotation and activate the AiS cleave with MS and put a RF in for focus, the cleave buff for the AiS gets dropped. Is that intended or a bug?
    XD
    it's either AiS cleave OR RF bounce

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    it's either AiS cleave OR RF bounce
    Thanks! Didn't know RF could cleave - thought it's purely ST!

Deleted
    Even with damage numbers not being final, I've got to say in gear you are being given when you create a character, the damage seems to be way lower than what other classes do

It feels horrible to cast arcane shots, and even aimed shot - without the +100% dmg proc from the 80/20% HP - is "meh". I've heard someone saying that AiS hits for as much as Chaos bolt crits, but that couldn't be further from the truth?
    They deal pretty much the same amount on crits with chaos bolt having the benefit that it always crits.

And oh my god, it's still so freaking stale to play MM. I'm not going to lie, I like having numbers on the screen. Right now, in Legion, quite a few and also very high numbers pop up frequently due to the artifact weapon, the windburst dot and the amount of relatively high hitting instants (Marked shot).

In BFA however, the only skill that got my attention was Rapidfire with guaranteed crits and AiS when you hit a target with 80+%/20-% health.

Compared to what you get when playing demo-lock, where each imp (over it's duration) does about the same amount of damage than your arcane shot , and you have like 6-8 of them up all the time, on top of shadowbolts hitting the same as arcane shot and hand of guldan looking as awesome as never before with pets and additional summons dealing respectable damage, the screen looks much more lively - even if the damage is getting tuned (from what I've seen/heard, Demo damage is garbage too), it's still boring to look at MM. Compared to all the juicy stuff and spells other classes have at the moment.

The spell animations of warlocks look awesome, almost as if it's from a different, newer game... I want that for my hunter as well.. Rapid Fire sitll looks like shite btw. And BM is still bugged (you put aside your weapon) and a mess whenever you press KC.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2018-06-17 at 11:39 AM.

But Krayzee, now we can run around like retards, sorry, BM! Isn't being able to move around worth shit damage? And that nasty Vulnerable which was so hard to keep up is gone! Plus we get to go back to spamming a cast time filler spell that gives us half the focus we got in Legion!

Improvements all around!

</dripping sarcasm>
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe when/if MM will be simpler, the mentality that BM is 'brain dead' / 'for noobs' so the players who chose BM are 'unworthy and below me' will also be gone.

Butthurt BM detected. Maybe if BM wasn't "press buttons on CD, AI does 50%+ of damage, laugh at mechanics because of infinite mobility", it wouldn't have that reputation. In any case, this isn't a BM thread, please troll elsewhere.
    Last edited by Feanoro; 2018-06-17 at 04:22 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/