Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    I know it sucks if your spec is one of the ones that needs more work, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to delay the whole expansion because a handfull of specs aren't as fun as they could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorotia View Post
    Shaman DPS is in horrible shape...
    They haven't done numbers tuning yet. Even if a spec isn't fun they can still tweak numbers to make DPS competitive.

What they're talking about pushing to 8.1 is any reworking of rotations or spec overhauls, not numerical balance.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyMoonz View Post
    So someone who presumably plays the class says the class is bad and your main argument is "they're still very viable"....ok, and? Then why is it shamans are complaining left & right? 8.0 PTR forums, shaman forums, feedback forums, shamans don't look happy, my guy.

WHY do you think this is?
    I haven't seen the shamans not crying in 14 years, why would BFA be any different. People have always and will always be crying about one thing or another with every class because it is impossible to make every single person happy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    The fact that class design/balance has been objectively shit for 3 exp says something.
    Speak for yourself dude

Deleted
    Shaman DPS is in horrible shape...
    Damage balancing hasn't been done yet. It won't be finished until the week mythic opens. It makes no sense to be complaining about it now.

Keep in mind that there are only 2 class devs for WoW atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I know it sucks if your spec is one of the ones that needs more work, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect them to delay the whole expansion because a handfull of specs aren't as fun as they could be.

They haven't done numbers tuning yet. Even if a spec isn't fun they can still tweak numbers to make DPS competitive.

What they're talking about pushing to 8.1 is any reworking of rotations or spec overhauls, not numerical balance.
    Yeah they say that often and yet I believe there was already talks of having to wait till the next major patch for Shaman?

Havoc is an absolute blast right now. Whoever did DH is clearly not who did the stuff everyone else is complaining about.

15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they say that often and yet I believe there was already talks of having to wait till the next major patch for Shaman?
    I repeat: What they're talking about pushing to 8.1 is any reworking of rotations or spec overhauls, not numerical balance.

If you say their DPS is in horrible shape, they can improve their DPS through numerical balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It seems like everyone's concern and why people are not going to buy BfA or drop it fast is because of class design, the game came to be a HoTS/Diablo type clone in term of class design, where you spam 4 spells and these spells are realy boring. The fact that class design/balance has been objectively shit for 3 exp says something. Why can't we just get back to BC/WoTLK level skills?
    Can you just note that this is you're opinion. I don't mind the class design in legion at all. And BfA looks good for me.(For what I play)

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The only specs that need work are:

enhance
    elemental
    shadow
    guardian
    arcane

Everything else is fine - people really need to take all these "classes are bad" posts with a grain of salt, because 90% of them are referring to the above specs. Call me naive, but 31/36 specs in a good state is nothing to scoff at.
    when it's elemental every x-pac.

fire every class design member and hire a brand new team, if they fuck up all 36 specs, then it's more balanced than 5 broken 31 working, literally nothing can be worse than the current design team, they're useless cunts.

We are not demanding that the whole expansion is delayed, we demand that the developers listen to players feedback if they ask for it and not ignore it for months on time and then say "Sorry, no time anymore to change things you already claimed months ago to be broken"

If they are not interested in player feedback ok, no problem, but it is not ok to ask us for feedback, ignore this feedback and then say close to release "yeah by the way you were right but we are not going to fix it"

Quote Originally Posted by Rezark View Post
    I haven't seen the shamans not crying in 14 years, why would BFA be any different. People have always and will always be crying about one thing or another with every class because it is impossible to make every single person happy.
    yeah whats more likely, shaman players are all whining babies, or blizzard fucked shamans for 13 years.

yeah it's obvious but it's the internet, it's cool to go LUL cry moar babies!

Quote Originally Posted by Makina View Post
    Havoc is an absolute blast right now. Whoever did DH is clearly not who did the stuff everyone else is complaining about.
    I think you played a different Havoc than most other guys (including me) on beta.

- - - Updated - - -

I repeat: What they're talking about pushing to 8.1 is any reworking of rotations or spec overhauls, not numerical balance.

If you say their DPS is in horrible shape, they can improve their DPS through numerical balance.
    As far as I know for Enh Shamans it is a gameplay problem, not a number problem. But then again I could be wrong, not followed that class discussion that much.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    yeah whats more likely, shaman players are all whining babies, or blizzard fucked shamans for 13 years.

yeah it's obvious but it's the internet, it's cool to go LUL cry moar babies!
    Shamans are whining babies, I haven’t had a problem with shamans for the last 13 years.

"This will all be fixed in the first patch. Or maybe the second. If not the second, definitely the next expansion. If not the next expansion, then we probably mistakenly rolled the changes into a new game we've been developing for the last few years. Please provide as much detail as you can on the issue, so we can bring it to the dev's. Please don't use words like "janky", "boring", or "crappy", or we will ignore all your feedback." -Blizz, probably

Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    Shamans are whining babies, I haven’t had a problem with shamans for the last 13 years.
    see proof already, welcome to the internet, where acting like an ass is cool, and intellect is not welcome.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    see proof already, welcome to the internet, where acting like an ass is cool, and intellect is not welcome.
    What’s intelligent about trying to push your opinion as fact? I’ve liked shamans from cata-legion haven’t tried them on the beta yet though. So Mabye accept that not every one agrees with how you view the class as I don’t think blizzard has been fucking them for 13 years.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    We are not demanding that the whole expansion is delayed, we demand that the developers listen to players feedback if they ask for it and not ignore it for months on time and then say "Sorry, no time anymore to change things you already claimed months ago to be broken"

If they are not interested in player feedback ok, no problem, but it is not ok to ask us for feedback, ignore this feedback and then say close to release "yeah by the way you were right but we are not going to fix it"
    You left out a key detail. They didn't say they're "not going to fix it," they said they are aiming to adjust those specs' playstyles in 8.1.

Feel free to complain that they didn't give themselves enough time to get every spec feeling good before launch, but don't mischaracterize the issues as being a matter of them not taking feedback or not being willing to fix it.

Shadow doesn't have a design team. They simply ask a group of 100 strangers off the street to describe their worst nightmares then collate the results and implement them into Shadow's game play. Initially, Insanity was intended to be a resource but its true nature is slowly being realized: Blizzard is intent on legitimately driving anybody unfortunate enough to have once enjoyed playing a SPriest past the brink of sanity.

Fuck you, Blizzard.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2018-06-17 at 08:24 PM.

You left out a key detail. They didn't say they're "not going to fix it," they said they are aiming to adjust those specs' playstyles in 8.1.

Feel free to complain that they didn't give themselves enough time to get every spec feeling good before launch, but don't mischaracterize the issues as being a matter of them not taking feedback or not being willing to fix it.
    You have most likely been playing WoW for at least 10 years. You have probably been in a few beta testings, maybe all of them. Same here. The last three beta testings were 100 percent, undeniably summarized as "here is capped thread upon capped thread upon capped thread of feedback in the ALPHA, please listen to us devs", which was responded to with silence and an admission at the end that "we need to get better at listening to feedback" when the product went live with classes in a horrible state. If you say this isn't fact, you simply weren't in the alpha/beta testing or you're a huge fanboy denier. None of this would be an issue if Blizzard didn't feel the need to change every class drastically between each expansion, even if it's just adding/removing artifacts.