Video Card Stopped Working

I was on WoW when by screen briefly became pixilated then my computer froze and reset. When it came back on the display was distorted with lines across is and is stuck in 800x600.

Device manager says code 43 for my video card, (Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43).

Running on Windows 7 with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760.

I've tried updating the driver but the problem persists.

DXdiag shows no info for display (assuming because windows disabled the video card.)

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Make sure to completely remove the old drivers using DDU and try to reinstall after that.
    I used DDU to remove all my old video card drivers then installed the latest nvidia driver but the problem persists.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible it's time to upgrade your graphics card.

After all, my GTX 970 is dead, and that's a generation newer than your 760. :P

Although, my old 760 is still working, albeit it's not doing anything remotely gaming-oriented, anymore.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    if it cut out in middle of gaming i’d guess it was an overheating issue, is it dusty in there?
    If you’ve reinstalled drivers likely damaged, will need a new one, though could always try taking it out clearing all the dust and reseating it, maybe the power cable to it came lose so its in low power mode, idk...
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    It is possible it's time to upgrade your graphics card.

After all, my GTX 970 is dead, and that's a generation newer than your 760. :P

Although, my old 760 is still working, albeit it's not doing anything remotely gaming-oriented, anymore.
    I am extremely tight on money right now, just hoping to find a way to confirm that its a hardware issue before I start looking for a new card.

Quote Originally Posted by Christan View Post
    if it cut out in middle of gaming i’d guess it was an overheating issue, is it dusty in there?
    If you’ve reinstalled drivers likely damaged, will need a new one, though could always try taking it out clearing all the dust and reseating it, maybe the power cable to it came lose so its in low power mode, idk...
    I took out the video card and cleaned the dust out as best I can since I have no reals tools for it. I reseated it and plugged and unplugged its power cords but its still not working.

I'm not very computer savvy, but my monitor is plugged directly into the video card, and its fans still seem to be working. I'm not really sure how tell if the card is busted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazmina View Post
    I took out the video card and cleaned the dust out as best I can since I have no reals tools for it. I reseated it and plugged and unplugged its power cords but its still not working.

I'm not very computer savvy, but my monitor is plugged directly into the video card, and its fans still seem to be working. I'm not really sure how tell if the card is busted.
    On a scale of 1-10 how much dust was inside the card. 1 being a real thin layer on the outside with none inside, 10 being clumps of dust bunnies.

Considering everything you’ve done, drivers reseating/making sure power plugs secured etc...sounds like its broken...
    Still I cry, tears like pouring rain, Innocent is my lurid pain.