Deleted

PTR question. Can you play now?

Since I haven't gotten a beta key I wonder if you can play BFA on the PTR now 24/7 instead and try out classes and content?

got slow internet so it takes too long to download and see for myself

thanks

PTR is just patch 8.0 testing, not the expansion. You will not be able to go to Kul Tiras/Zandalar and start leveling, nor do any content thats 111+.

What you can test on PTR is stat squish, class/talent changes, warmode, communities, artifact retirement quest and other system changes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebster View Post
    PTR is just patch 8.0 testing, not the expansion. You will not be able to go to Kul Tiras/Zandalar and start leveling, nor do any content thats 111+.

What you can test on PTR is stat squish, class/talent changes, warmode, communities, artifact retirement quest and other system changes.
    Okey. I just wanna play around and see what main I want to roll. then I guess i can download the ptr and try. thanks

You can definitely test out class abilities and talents, do they feel fun, however don't put too much thought into who tops dps meters, stuff isn't tuned yet, for example some trinkets aren't properly stat squished and do crazy damage.

Unless you want to level every class from 1 to 110 you won't see shit right now, as they disabled character copy and there's no any ETA when it will be enabled again.
    Last edited by vorchun; 2018-06-18 at 02:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    Unless you want to level every class from 1 to 120 you won't see shit right now, as they disabled character copy and there's no any ETA when it will be enabled again.
    You can't level to 120 on PTR. That's beta only.

Also I've heard PTR has character copy support only on a handful of servers, so check them all. I personally haven't, because I don't have disk space for live + beta + ptr so only have beta installed atm. And copied my chars this morning just fine on beta. Lame part is beta has still max 12 chars per server instead of 18 or what's the live BFA cap gonna be, so had to delete some Dark Iron Dwarves and Mag'har to make space for copies.

Deleted
    Unless you want to level every class from 1 to 120 you won't see shit right now, as they disabled character copy and there's no any ETA when it will be enabled again.
    Source you can level to 120 on PTR when it's 8.0 pre-patch?

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Unless you want to level every class from 1 to 110 you won't see shit right now, as they disabled character copy and there's no any ETA when it will be enabled again.
    Want me to screenshot the character copy button on the PTR right now?

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Want me to screenshot the character copy button on the PTR right now?
    Actually yeah

EDIT: Just looked, you're lying bud

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    Actually yeah

EDIT: Just looked, you're lying bud
    Let me log into the PTR bud.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilithvia View Post
    Let me log into the PTR bud.
    I literally just spammed all of the realms 4 times, it's not there.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamcute View Post
    Since I haven't gotten a beta key I wonder if you can play BFA on the PTR now 24/7 instead and try out classes and content?

got slow internet so it takes too long to download and see for myself

thanks
    Copy your live wow folder into the new ptr/beta folder so that you don't have to re-download the same data , the game will download only missing files.
    Yes you can play on ptr to preview class changes

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thenatural View Post
    I literally just spammed all of the realms 4 times, it's not there.
    It was there for me before the last PTR update; which was longer then most players had access to character copy.

I copied all of my 110s to the ptr. It's definitly there

15+ Year Old Account
    Anyone getting the assertion failure error on the ptr?

https://twitter.com/BlizzardCS/statu...74521326985217
    Some accounts have access to character copy, some don't, it is a bug (or was a bug if it is indeed fixed now) and they're looking into it.