Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    What’s intelligent about trying to push your opinion as fact? I’ve liked shamans from cata-legion haven’t tried them on the beta yet though. So Mabye accept that not every one agrees with how you view the class as I don’t think blizzard has been fucking them for 13 years.
    no problem from cata-legion? fucking blind then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by jb247 View Post
    You have most likely been playing WoW for at least 10 years. You have probably been in a few beta testings, maybe all of them. Same here. The last three beta testings were 100 percent, undeniably summarized as "here is capped thread upon capped thread upon capped thread of feedback in the ALPHA, please listen to us devs", which was responded to with silence and an admission at the end that "we need to get better at listening to feedback" when the product went live with classes in a horrible state. If you say this isn't fact, you simply weren't in the alpha/beta testing or you're a huge fanboy denier. None of this would be an issue if Blizzard didn't feel the need to change every class drastically between each expansion, even if it's just adding/removing artifacts.
    exactly it's always the same, massive sweeping changes, then your spec comes in unfinished, "if it's not broke don't fix it" comes to mind, but blizzard are the kind of morons who see a small touch up paint job needed, so smash the whole thing start again and can't finish it in time.

then it's the same old dribble oh we'll fix it eventually, fucking clueless idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It seems like everyone's concern and why people are not going to buy BfA or drop it fast is because of class design, the game came to be a HoTS/Diablo type clone in term of class design, where you spam 4 spells and these spells are realy boring. The fact that class design/balance has been objectively shit for 3 exp says something. Why can't we just get back to BC/WoTLK level skills?
    Just because you disagree with current class design, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. I'm happy with the direction Blizz is going with my class/spec for BFA (Discipline Priest), and am planning to enjoy every moment of playing it, even if it's sub-optimal for high-end content.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    no problem from cata-legion? fucking blind then.
    Hasn’t been the best class ever but I’ve enjoyed it that whole time yes, never said it was flawless. I also love you do such a 180 and just jump straight to insults when some one doesn’t agree with you, so much for intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You left out a key detail. They didn't say they're "not going to fix it," they said they are aiming to adjust those specs' playstyles in 8.1.
    Yes. WoW. So this means I have the following possibilities:

- Continue to play my character despite the fact that its mechanics are broken and I do not enjoy it
    - Pause until 8.1 so PERHAPS it might be fixed
    - Play another character until 8.1 and then switch again

I hope you can see why all of this three possibilities are bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Dizson View Post
    It seems like everyone's concern and why people are not going to buy BfA or drop it fast is because of class design, the game came to be a HoTS/Diablo type clone in term of class design, where you spam 4 spells and these spells are realy boring. The fact that class design/balance has been objectively shit for 3 exp says something. Why can't we just get back to BC/WoTLK level skills?
    Wait, 3-4 spells but back to BC/WoTLK?

You do remember the hunter cast sequence macro in TBC to do max dps by weaving steady shot between auto shots with 1 button right?

Warlocks only using shadowbolt?

Mages with 2p Tier 5 only using arcane blast?

At least go with MoP or something as the baseline.

Quote Originally Posted by Karry View Post
    What I wouldnt do to go back to AT LEAST WoD rogue. They killed the class in Legion for me.
    Sub legion was improved slightly but with BFA it seems to be regressing. With BFA Outlaw it seems like it is trying to be old SND combat and RTB Legion Outlaw which is why it feels strange to play. Both Sub and Outlaw in BFA are clearly unfinished but in a "playable" state but most players want these specs to actually be fun.

Assassination Rogue is fun to play, playable and with some number tuning will be the go to spec for PVE and PVP IMVHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    You left out a key detail. They didn't say they're "not going to fix it," they said they are aiming to adjust those specs' playstyles in 8.1.

Feel free to complain that they didn't give themselves enough time to get every spec feeling good before launch, but don't mischaracterize the issues as being a matter of them not taking feedback or not being willing to fix it.
    They didnt say 8.1 Ion said in a future patch .
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

My main worry is feeling like classes that were "completed" or at least heavily enhanced gameplay-wise by their artifact enhancements won't have sufficient replacements. My rogue for example will REALLY miss Curse of the Dreadblades, which was the only burst cooldown outlaw had. How am I supposed to PvP without that?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Shadow doesn't have a design team. They simply ask a group of 100 strangers off the street to describe their worst nightmares then collate the results and implement them into Shadow's game play. Initially, Insanity was intended to be a resource but its true nature is slowly being realized: Blizzard is intent on legitimately driving anybody unfortunate enough to have once enjoyed playing a SPriest past the brink of sanity.

Fuck you, Blizzard.
    For Legion's design, 100% agreed, it's absolutely stupid to be a class that depends on rounding up a lot of npcs to chain kills while being the squishiest clothie class in the game. It was either queue for dungeons for xp as a healer or don't level at all.

For BFA though I could've sworn I heard they were nerfing the necessity of voidform for sustained dps and adding back some ability people really missed.
    Last edited by Powerogue; 2018-06-17 at 08:45 PM.

I wonder how much Celestalon really fucked up and they have been trying to fix it for a while?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    Yes. WoW. So this means I have the following possibilities:

- Continue to play my character despite the fact that its mechanics are broken and I do not enjoy it
    - Pause until 8.1 so PERHAPS it might be fixed
    - Play another character until 8.1 and then switch again

I hope you can see why all of this three possibilities are bad.
    Maybe you are exagerating when you say "broken"? I tried enhancement on the beta today, for the first time since WoD. I thought it was fun. I don't know what you think is broken about it. You got 2 generators and several spenders to choose from (something not every spec has). It was far from broken.

Quote Originally Posted by Valiona View Post
    Just because you disagree with current class design, doesn't mean everyone else feels the same. I'm happy with the direction Blizz is going with my class/spec for BFA (Discipline Priest), and am planning to enjoy every moment of playing it, even if it's sub-optimal for high-end content.
    There are people in this world who like Coors lite and Natural lite. That does not make them good beers. There are a shit ton of WOW addicts who dont give a shit about the quality of the game simply because they cant picture their lives with out it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Maybe you are exagerating when you say "broken"? I tried enhancement on the beta today, for the first time since WoD. I thought it was fun. I don't know what you think is broken about it. You got 2 generators and several spenders to choose from (something not every spec has). It was far from broken.
    If the class is boring to play , clunky and not fun then it is broken, Blizzard knows there is a problem, Ion admitted it. Try not to sugar coat it and say that its fine. Its broken. It does not play well at all .

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    There are people in this world who like Coors lite and Natural lite. That does not make them good beers. There are a shit ton of WOW addicts who dont give a shit about the quality of the game simply because they cant picture their lives with out it.

- - - Updated - - -

If the class is boring to play , clunky and not fun then it is broken, Blizzard knows there is a problem, Ion admitted it. Try not to sugar coat it and say that its fine. Its broken. It does not play well at all .
    Thoses are all subjective terms though so it doesn’t really explain how it’s broken to any one other then your self.

Thoses are all subjective terms though so it doesn’t really explain how it’s broken to any one other then your self.
    When the vast majority of the posts on the official forums, here and social media are telling them the same issues with the classes, then its not really that subjective. The classes lost abilities that was supposed to be filled by the Azurite armor. Instead it is a bunch of weak or boring passives. Now many of the classes are incomplete with gaps in abilities, poor rotation because of it and will perform terribly not to mention they will not be fun to play. Be argumentative all you wish and nit picking just to see your self typing.

Prepatch is going to probably go live early to mid july which is just weeks away. Either before 4th of July weekend or soon after.

What you see on PTR/BETA is what you will receive on live with some number tuning changes for classes leading up to prepatch launch.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    When the vast majority of the posts on the official forums, here and social media are telling them the same issues with the classes, then its not really that subjective. The classes lost abilities that was supposed to be filled by the Azurite armor. Instead it is a bunch of weak or boring passives. Now many of the classes are incomplete with gaps in abilities, poor rotation because of it and will perform terribly not to mention they will not be fun to play. Be argumentative all you wish and nit picking just to see your self typing.
    People on a forum agreeing with you does not make it objective hell most people never use forums so you have no idea what the majority actually think. The rest of your post is again your opinion not fact. I think most of the classes I’ve tried (hunter pally rouge) feel fine to play and in some cases (ret pally) the rotation feels better then it does in legion. I don’t have to pick any nits to know your opinion is no more objective then mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    MoP had the best iterations of basically all classes/specs, with a few exceptions like Blood which was better in WoD.
    Gonna have to disagree on some classes. Hunters, Warlocks and Rogues were at their best in MoP, but Warriors were not, and I enjoyed WW in Legion more than in MoP (which I know is heresy to some, but fite me). DKs were also better in Legion I think. And even then Demo lock is more fun in BfA than in MoP which was basically the xpack were Warlocks got a dev which treated them as a pet project.

Then again I don't PvP so I couldn't care less if some classes were better in PvP back when.

Shamans are whining babies, I haven’t had a problem with shamans for the last 13 years.
    what do you define as "fine?" what does that even mean? What level of content do you do? how do you parse? are you in a competitive guild?

I don't know. I'm pretty hyped to play my fury warrior warrior once pre patch hits. The changes they've made to the spec look fun.

I realize not all specs got the kind of attention that fury got but then again fury was completely broken non functional class due to the GCD shenanigans.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kheath812 View Post
    what do you define as "fine?" what does that even mean? What level of content do you do? how do you parse? are you in a competitive guild?
    I define fine as it’s fun to play has and has an interesting theme but still has down sides. I haven’t raided since mop but was a heroic/mythic raider. And have never cared about parses.

I know, monk is the last played class in wow, but I think all three specs got an improvement.