Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Absolutely, just funny they put 2 whole first party titles on sale digitally on the Switch and one just got $20 DLC.
    Yep that's why I LOL at it.

Its not really a sell and not surprising because it is Nintendo.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Yep that's why I LOL at it.

Its not really a sell and not surprising because it is Nintendo.
    There must be a 'its okay when nintendo does it' version of 'the more you know' somewhere online at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    There must be a 'its okay when nintendo does it' version of 'the more you know' somewhere online at this point.
    I mean it's whatever, Nintendo's lack of sales just makes me far more likely to early adopt them.

Kind of hard to justify the same with other publishers when most games end up 50% off 1-2 months after release. Especially once my GCU ends and Amazon inevitably axes the prime discount like Best Buy did.

It's not great for the consumer who wants to wait on a sale to buy the game, but alternatively it's pretty good for the consumer who buys games at release so yea while it's a Nintendo being Nintendo thing it's far down my list of issues with them.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-17 at 09:30 PM.

I mean it's whatever, Nintendo's lack of sales just makes me far more likely to early adopt them.

Kind of hard to justify the same with other publishers when most games end up 50% off 1-2 months after release. Especially once my GCU ends and Amazon inevitably axes the prime discount like Best Buy did.

It's not great for the consumer who wants to wait on a sale to buy the game, but alternatively it's pretty good for the consumer who buys games at release so yea while it's a Nintendo being Nintendo thing it's far down my list of issues with them.
    Agreed and it keeps the resell value up on physical copys, so If I want to sell lets say Donkey Kong I can and get back most of what I spent.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

man i just found out gamersclub is discontinued. guess its a good thing i signed up while i could. after 2020 when it expires though im going back to amazon
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    man i just found out gamersclub is discontinued. guess its a good thing i signed up while i could. after 2020 when it expires though im going back to amazon
    Yea and it's highly unlikely the prime discount stays, hell as it is there are so many games you can't preorder on Amazon. No sony published games, no EA published games, no RDR2. Pretty sure this is due to the prime discount and either publisher pressure or Amazon not getting the rates they want to supply the discount.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-06-17 at 10:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Does it really matter if they put shit on sale when the sale price is 5 dollars more than the base price of Horizon Zero Dawn which came out around the same time as BotW?
    True, but they dont need too. I bet you Zelda is selling more copies now than Horzizon is. I feel like first party Nintendo titles have more legs than a lot of AAA games.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    True, but they dont need too. I bet you Zelda is selling more copies now than Horzizon is. I feel like first party Nintendo titles have more legs than a lot of AAA games.
    Hard reality: Nintendo games have great legs usually because their systems have massive release droughts and even if you buy the system 4 years into it's life you're gonna need to buy launch year shit at some point if you want something to play on it. While that is better on the Switch, it still isn't fixed nor will it ever be as long as Nintendo has a vastly different system then their competitors.

The same reason all those indy devs say our game sold better on the Switch, you don't have major AAA releases every month to keep people entertained like PS, PC and XB do.

That's not to discount Nintendo games being quality, but that is the reason their high quality games have longer legs then most.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hard reality: Nintendo games have great legs usually because their systems have massive release droughts and even if you buy the system 4 years into it's life you're gonna need to buy launch year shit at some point if you want something to play on it. While that is better on the Switch, it still isn't fixed nor will it ever be as long as Nintendo has a vastly different system then their competitors.

The same reason all those indy devs say our game sold better on the Switch, you don't have major AAA releases every month to keep people entertained like PS, PC and XB do.

That's not to discount Nintendo games being quality, but that is the reason their high quality games have longer legs then most.
    True, but I think you are downplaying the reason indies are selling well. They didn't sell well on WiiU. At least not this well. I'm sure it has something to do with it, but I think the major reason is portability. Who doesnt want to play Stardew valley of the binding of Isaic on the bus on toilet?

True, but I think you are downplaying the reason indies are selling well. They didn't sell well on WiiU. At least not this well. I'm sure it has something to do with it, but I think the major reason is portability. Who doesnt want to play Stardew valley of the binding of Isaic on the bus on toilet?
    Indy devs where notoriously out spoken about how well their games sold on the Vita as well, and that's the closest comparison you will get.

The Wii U's indy library was no where close to Vita/Switch levels. It was pretty fucking bad tbh, like worse then early PS3 levels before Sony saw value in letting indies publish on their system even.

Nintendo made an effort to get indies on board with the Switch, you can't compare it to the "okay we'll pick 1 indy game a month to let launch on our system" days of the Wii U.

Indies was releasing on the Vita because they was selling extremely well and that was because the only thing releasing on Vita was AA titles. The same apply's to The Switch and that's why many indie developers are ether doing Vita/Switch releases or just Switch.

It may be a smaller market then PS4/Steam and so on but that market that's there will buy stuff because it needs it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Indy devs where notoriously out spoken about how well their games sold on the Vita as well, and that's the closest comparison you will get.

The Wii U's indy library was no where close to Vita/Switch levels. It was pretty fucking bad tbh, like worse then early PS3 levels before Sony saw value in letting indies publish on their system even.

Nintendo made an effort to get indies on board with the Switch, you can't compare it to the "okay we'll pick 1 indy game a month to let launch on our system" days of the Wii U.
    Both can be attributed to lack of games and also portability. Im sure its both, but Portability is a huge factor I feel you guys are downplaying.

Both can be attributed to lack of games and also portability. Im sure its both, but Portability is a huge factor I feel you guys are downplaying.
    Nope not downplaying it at all portability is a huge reason, Its just not the only huge reason. The Switch lacks games period, But that's why AA and Indies are doing well on it.

Look at how many games both digital and physical that Nicalis has released on the system. A lot of those games you can only get on Switch as well.

Nah, not really. Portability is a factor but any game(not just indy games) you buy on the Vita or Switch is portable so why would indy titles do so well on them if there where other options to constantly buy? Because there aren't, and those other options of larger budget games where much further between releases.

Really, it's both. Gamers are looking for niches that big name developers aren't making and indies are, but the portability factor is really big when deciding to get it on the Switch.

And unless you are buying a graphically intensive indie (which there are few), there is very little reason not to buy an indie title on the Switch or PC, unless you only have a PS4/XBO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there is certainly a lack of games on the system, but imo for me personally, there are plenty of quality games releasing. I own a PS4, mid-range or above PC, 3ds, and there is an Xbox One in the house as well. I can buy all the other games on more powerful systems. If I had it my way every game would release on Switch and look as good as the ps4 version, but thats not going to happen ever.

Switch is where I buy my rpgs, indies, and Nintendo games. I dont regret my purchase at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Nah, not really. Portability is a factor but any game(not just indy games) you buy on the Vita or Switch is portable so why would indy titles do so well on them if there where other options to constantly buy? Because there aren't, and those other options of larger budget games where much further between releases.
    Because ports of Doom while respectable are much ulgier and run like ass on Switch. The Switch doesnt have many games aside from 1st/2nd party games and indies. What third party games they do have for the most part are too demanding for the system imo. Who wants a watered down, ugly, laggy port?

Switch is where I buy my rpgs, indies, and Nintendo games. I dont regret my purchase at all.
    2 of the 3 for me. I guess I kind of buy RPGs on the Switch but it's lacking most of the heavy hitters like Persona 5, Ni No Kuni 2, KH3, Dragon Quest XI(coming who the fuck knows when, I'm certainly not waiting) etc...

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not knocking what panic button did with Doom. They did a great job getting it to run on Switch, but really unless Doom is my favorite game of all time and I need to play it all the time, why would I buy it on Switch? Now with indies why NOT buy it on Switch over other platforms. Most indies are early ported to Switch and look/run great. Switch is the logical superior platform for 9/10 indie games.

https://twitter.com/japanese3ds/stat...95886049366016

Xenoblade 2 prequel DLC is getting a physical release in Japan.

Who wants a watered down, ugly, laggy port?
    Well there is 125 million Fortnite players in the world and they all aren't coming from PC/PS4/XBO.... so... probably a lot of people. People would play a massively shit port of GTAV on their phones if they could as proven with Fortnite.