Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I think it will last a little bit less, but not because of less artifacts, no legendaries or anything like that. Those weren't really content, they were rewards from content, and there will be new ones. Not to mention the burnout with getting artifact power, artifact knowledge and etc for 3 different weapons. I could only do it with one until they made many aspects of the system (mainly artifact knowledge) completely irrelevant towards the end.

The reason it could last less is because there just doesn't seem to be any kind of equivalent to Suramar. World quests are there, the war campaign should last as much or more than the class hall and Illidan campaigns, but that piece seems to still be missing.
    I'm not in be beta, so I can't really be sure until launch.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it will dry up fast. This seems pretty plain to see. I am hoping that they have some new carrots to dangle that they are holding under wraps at the moment. Because a hefty grind for the incredibly dull azerite traits is certainly not going to keep people subbed for the next two years. Nor will endlessly grinding M+

My personal hope is that they are secretly developing truly randomized dungeons using the Endless Halls tech.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2018-06-07 at 01:38 PM.

Yes. Legendaries gave Legion content way more life than it deserved on its own right.

We'll be doing laps in capital cities a couple weeks into each tier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    So I was watching Preaches most recent video on BfA and he's concerned that BfA is going to be a repeat of WoD where we run out of content early on before new content is introduced. And that without any Legendaries, players will have little to no reason to run their Emissary quests beyond the launch of the game, and that once you run out of reason to obtain Artifact power, the game will burn out. And since we don't have 3 artifact weapons, it'll dry up quicker. What do you think? Will BfA be a repeat of WoD?

It was also mentioned that the War Campaign is nowhere near the amount of content given from Suramar. So there won't be an extensive endgamer narrative.
    can you stop making threads about preach? he himself told you to stop.
    have your own opinion, stop doing nothing but going "preach said this and i he is fact" it makes him look bad, do we need to get him in here to get you to stop again? He has literally told you a few times to stop.

On the topic we dont know till we see patch content.

Seriously if you a fan of his, stop, he does not like it, I am sure he does not see you as a fan for making these constant threads about him, he has said on stream and here on mmochamp you are an annoyance that makes him look bad.
    Yes its cool to be a fan, but it makes him look bad if you throw him all over the internet, people have even come with a theory you are his wife trying to advertise for him, no other wow commuynity member gets this much spamming, even the most toxic of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Your constant annoying Preach posts caused me to unsub to him.

- - - Updated - - -

Look at it's post history, it's basically just it posting Preach threads. It's either a Preachbot, a fanatic, or Preach himself trying to leach views. Legit worrisome and/or sad.
    preach himself has told this person to stop quite a few times, even coming into a few of the threads made by OP to tell them to stop.
    Last edited by FelPlague; 2018-06-07 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Legion have the most content of any exspansions when it comes to stuff to do. Compare to wod which had 0 content outside of raids stopped playing after 1month. Im 120 on beta and I stopped cause i dont wanna spoil myself. Just the mythic plus system alone makes. It above all exspansions but legion. Preach was talking about world content and that it was driven by legendary drop chance which is gone now however they will probably add mounts gear from emmisary instead.

Alot dont seem to understand preach tells his own opinion and he is someone who only cares about mythic raiding and gameplay how the class feel to play. He doesn't care about transmog story etc .

In my opinion bfa Will be on par with legion which was very active if you like high mythic+ and raiding

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't know how bad it will be, but in Legion, i didnt go crazy trying to farm Lego's but i still felt fine playing the game. Is the game fun to play? that's what it comes down to. I think ill enjoy it. Will i run out of stuff to do on my main? its entirely possible. Will i feel bad making am alt? Absolutely not! It was frustrating for me in Legion to make an alt because they felt useless without certain things in place, Lego's, AP, etc... If there is a little less prerequisites to good dps and what not, ill be very glad to make alts in downtime. So im not that worried at all

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Legendaries forced people to grind too.

I hated both systems.

Now emissaries don't even give you a loot box or loot. They just give you AP/gold/war resources.

You really think casuals, who make up the majority of the playerbase; are going to grind for this garbage?
    considering how many people farm the fuck out of those random drop rep mounts ? yes they will

I will never make another preach thread ever again. I didn't even realize what i was doing. i am deeply sorry to preach and anyone freaking out at me. The last thing i want is for people to hate me. That post above actually depresses me.

I got way too out of hand due to emotions, and completely forgot how many of the threads i was actually making.
    Last edited by TheEaterofSouls; 2018-06-17 at 01:22 AM.

This is weird, but I am already somewhat bored, and I ain't even in the beta, just following the news and leaks on wowhead :P

Quote Originally Posted by Korsha View Post
    This is weird, but I am already somewhat bored, and I ain't even in the beta, just following the news and leaks on wowhead :P
    I'm hoping the war mode and Arathi stuff adds some fun to the endgame. Probably will

Why do you post so much about Preach? Stop regurgitating all the BS that dude spills and think about things on your own. Legion didn't dry up for those of us that actually played the game. In fact, the most common complaint during progression was TOO MUCH stuff to do. Not sure what game you played, but Legion didn't dry up until the end.

So I was watching Preaches most recent video on BfA and he's concerned that BfA is going to be a repeat of WoD where we run out of content early on before new content is introduced. And that without any Legendaries, players will have little to no reason to run their Emissary quests beyond the launch of the game, and that once you run out of reason to obtain Artifact power, the game will burn out. And since we don't have 3 artifact weapons, it'll dry up quicker. What do you think? Will BfA be a repeat of WoD?

It was also mentioned that the War Campaign is nowhere near the amount of content given from Suramar. So there won't be an extensive endgamer narrative.
    Suramar was a multiple patch,2/3rds of an expansion campaign. Let's wait and see what else develops. Also, it's Preach. Play the game and form your own opinion.

The design philosophies of Legion are carrying over into BfA. Their new way of counting player engagement by hours spent in-game ensures at the very least that they won't do any less frequent updates than Legion's patch cycle had.

Of course, there will always be those idiots considering content "dried up" as soon as they've cleared LFR, or gotten to max level...

And Preach is 1 dude with an opinion who despite being negative about X things, will never stop playing WoW since it's part of his income. Not sure why he's being quoted over and over as some sort of authority.

Quote Originally Posted by SensationalBanana View Post
    The design philosophies of Legion are carrying over into BfA. Their new way of counting player engagement by hours spent in-game ensures at the very least that they won't do any less frequent updates than Legion's patch cycle had.

Of course, there will always be those idiots considering content "dried up" as soon as they've cleared LFR, or gotten to max level...

And Preach is 1 dude with an opinion who despite being negative about X things, will never stop playing WoW since it's part of his income. Not sure why he's being quoted over and over as some sort of authority.
    Not everyone enjoys farming pixelstats and mounts in the same dungeon over and over again and call it content, some just want to see what is fresh. Since progress isn't widen out with fresh content like in TBC where you progressed and with progress u got dungeons and if u not u couldn't get it. See the problem with the game is most people don't give a fuck about mythic raiding because it is the same content that casualfred can clear in LFR and get the same enjoyment.

I will never make another preach thread ever again. I didn't even realize what i was doing. i am deeply sorry to preach and anyone freaking out at me. The last thing i want is for people to hate me. That post above actually depresses me.

I got way too out of hand due to emotions, and completely forgot how many of the threads i was actually making.
    The side effect of any youtuber being mentioned is people always focus on the youtuber and not on the subject discussed. Which derails the thread from the get go. If YOU think content will be boring too quickly, that's another story than just "a youtuber said so and I agree with him".

Personally I think they need to dial down the amount of stuff people have to do early in the expansion. Find a balance between "too little" from WOD and "too many" from Legion. Early Legion had so many roadblocks, so much busywork, was notoriously alt-unfriendly and I would not want to repeat early Legion experience in any expansion ever again. Wotlk and MOP are 2 expansions remembered fondly by many for amount of content they had, and while both had some good, some bad, it was more balanced than Legion approach.

If they even did another "Legion, but doubled down", I don't think many people would stomach it.

We already have more repeatable content in form of mythic+, islands and such, back in the day outside of raiding and pvp most content didn't have much longevity.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t quite get it, we had 1 expan with stuff like farmable legendarys and ap and people think wow will die without them? Every other expan has been fine without thoses things bfa will be fine.

7+ Year Old Account
    The bizarre thing about this.. there were expansions (and a game) before the advent of artifact power and people still found things to do..

There's going to be reputations to grind, world pvp, mythics, raids, dungeons, and those randomly generated scenario things going on.. Not to mention, let's not forget mists of panderia where people flipped out over all the content back to back x)
    You come get the voodoo.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt we'll run out of content. Legions problem was design,. not amount of content.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli View Post
    I highly doubt we'll run out of content. Legions problem was design,. not amount of content.
    It's more an issue with the incentives for the core gameplay loop at endgame that isn't logging in for your weekly m+/conquest cap/raid lockout. In legion, while it being annoying as fuck, you always had the goal of more legendaries dangled in front of you, which is why you ran all kinds of content, even after you were exalted and had reached the reasonable max level of your artefact weapon or that lockout. Unless some new hardcore azerite piece drops you have no use for azerite power, which means you have no reason to run more than your weekly island expedition + the usual and you also have no reason to go out and do dailies.. err I mean WQs. There is just way less incentive/need to run most content, which obviously means you have more time for other things but also means if you look for more entertainment in WoW you have less things to do that you might enjoy/get rewarded for. The result here will be more personal, for some this will be a blessing, for others this will just be a let down.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    It's more an issue with the incentives for the core gameplay loop at endgame that isn't logging in for your weekly m+/conquest cap/raid lockout. In legion, while it being annoying as fuck, you always had the goal of more legendaries dangled in front of you, which is why you ran all kinds of content, even after you were exalted and had reached the reasonable max level of your artefact weapon or that lockout. Unless some new hardcore azerite piece drops you have no use for azerite power, which means you have no reason to run more than your weekly island expedition + the usual and you also have no reason to go out and do dailies.. err I mean WQs. There is just way less incentive/need to run most content, which obviously means you have more time for other things but also means if you look for more entertainment in WoW you have less things to do that you might enjoy/get rewarded for. The result here will be more personal, for some this will be a blessing, for others this will just be a let down.
    Damn you're right I actually didn't look at it that way. You ran M+ and shit for legend chances... hmmm. SO what are we going to do in BfA after weekly? Lol.

I mean I usually pvp but pvp was aids in Legion so... we'll see in BfA.