Thread: The UFC Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    He's boring. Exactly why he doesn't sell tickets.
    Him fighting in the short and scrawny division doesn't help. Do people really like Bantamweight fights lol? I guess the next time he fights I'll have to pay attention to see if it's good.

I read something that Connor is making a plea deal with the Brooklyn DA so he probably won't have to go to jail, and his manager said that they're meeting with Dana later this month, but that Connor's UFC scheduling is on the backburner right now.

Speaking of scrawny and short division, its like 3 weeks until Cormier vs. Miocic. I am fucking HYPED. I love Heavyweight fights, and they have literally the LHW and HW champions for one match.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Him fighting in the short and scrawny division doesn't help. Do people really like Bantamweight fights lol? I guess the next time he fights I'll have to pay attention to see if it's good.

I read something that Connor is making a plea deal with the Brooklyn DA so he probably won't have to go to jail, and his manager said that they're meeting with Dana later this month, but that Connor's UFC scheduling is on the backburner right now.

Speaking of scrawny and short division, its like 3 weeks until Cormier vs. Miocic. I am fucking HYPED. I love Heavyweight fights, and they have literally the LHW and HW champions for one match.
    isn't marlon moraes bantamweight?

he's absolutely amazing. if he's in it, there must be some good fighters in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    isn't marlon moraes bantamweight?

he's absolutely amazing. if he's in it, there must be some good fighters in it.
    Well, Bantamweight has fighters like TJ Dillashaw (current Champion), Cody Garbrandt, Dominick Cruz. Then there is also Jimmie Rivera who was on a massive tear (20 fight win streak) before getting knocked out by a switch kick to the head by Marlon Moraes. A guy named Raphael Assuncao is currently ranked third, even though I haven't seen him fight, but has a victory over TJ from 2013 (Which is long ass time). It is also a weight class where Urijah Faber used to compete in.

It actually has pretty high skill level, but it mainly comes down to top fighters in the division. That TJ Dillashaw vs Cody Garbrandt was actually a very good fight from technical point of view, very little striking mistakes were made and when they did happen it came down to TJ being saved by the bell in the first round and Cody being not so lucky in second round.

In general smaller weight classes tend to be more exciting as they are pretty high level in terms of actual skill. Flyweight is just an extreme with rather shallow talent pool, Bantamweight getting slightly better but I do find Featherweight, Lightweight and Welterweight the most exiciting weight classes. Even Middleweight is rather good, but if Light Heavyweight didn't have Jones vs Cormier fights I wouldn't care about it the same way I don't care about Heavyweight. Sure there is high finish rate, but I like to watch skillful fighters rather than see two giants throwing wild swings and of them getting knocked out because his chin just can't handle the power. You also see a very little grappling there.

Holy shit Ngannou is shell shocked. This fight is so boring

Wow Herb Dean just told them to do shit.

The fight is so dumb that I had to come to MMO-C to kill time. On a Heavyweight fight...

- - - Updated - - -

Miocic is probably in the locker room thinking "goddamn I dominated this kid and now he's afraid to even throw a single punch". It's not like Miocic even KO'ed Ngannou...

- - - Updated - - -

This is legitimately sad that such an exciting fighter probably won't ever do what made him so fun again. Nganou was actually more entertaining than Cormier/McGregor/anyone.

Ohhhhhh now that I see the commercial, I was thinking of Garbrant. I was like "I saw this fuckboy haircut before" when I saw Chiesa fight before, but it was actually Garbrant I was thinking of.

MIOCIC VS. CORMIER HYPE.

Brock Lesnar is here.

DC looks super fat.

- - - Updated - - -

Idk who I want to win.

This is a way better achievement than McGregors two pussy 150 pound titles. DC is amazing.

Brock Lesnar got called into the ring. This is literally just fight promotion to make UFC more money. This isn't genuine. This feels as fake as wrestling...

10+ Year Old Account
    What has the roided up wrestler done to earn such a shot

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    What has the roided up wrestler done to earn such a shot
    I don't think UFC is in the "deserved title shot" business.

"This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like."

And you guys know I call DC fat like every time he fights.

Grunt
    5+ Year Old Account
    "This is the ideal male body. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like."

And you guys know I call DC fat like every time he fights.
    Damn I'm doing this all wrong..

Deleted
    This is too awesome for words

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, but they are people like Nate Diaz so meh. Just mad Conor went for the top money fight and thought they stood a shot as midtier wannabes. We'll see which McGregor shows up since it's been so long out of the Octagon. I don't like to doubt him, because he's come up on top most times, but something doesn't feel very good about this fight.
    BAD WOLF

I think the fight is going to be in Madison Square Garden. I might go, even though I think seeing UFC live is far inferior to seeing it from the nice close cameras you do from watching a stream. And Connor does have a history of fucking up random fans nearby and causing chaos...in NY, nonetheless.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh wait, that fight isn't set for MSG. Lame.

- - - Updated - - -

These greedy fucks. They put Khabib vs. McGregor in UFC 229 in Las Vegas. Wtf is it with Las Vegas for these fights? I checked the ticket prices and availability for DC vs. Miocic and it wasn't even sold out or that expensive last time....

Bah, idk who the main fight for UFC 230 is so idk if I wanna go. I would've gone for McGregor...

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    These greedy fucks. They put Khabib vs. McGregor in UFC 229 in Las Vegas. Wtf is it with Las Vegas for these fights? I checked the ticket prices and availability for DC vs. Miocic and it wasn't even sold out or that expensive last time....

Bah, idk who the main fight for UFC 230 is so idk if I wanna go. I would've gone for McGregor...
    Well Nevada is the base of operations for UFC and also has the most experienced athletic commission. Traditionally, the majority of the bigger events take place there. As far as 230 is concerned, it looks pretty stacked, you might want to reconsider:

155lbs: Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz

185lbs: Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa

185lbs: Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman II

185lbs: Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch

185lbs: Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    also new york has super high taxes that take a massive cut out of their payments. I'm also 90% sure Conor cant even be in New York since you know what happened

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, not even worth risking not to mention all the other bad things with it. Here's to hoping Cody shuts TJ's mouth tonight... though it will eliminate the possibility of forcing boring ass DJ to fight him if he loses the belt.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    As far as 230 is concerned, it looks pretty stacked, you might want to reconsider:

155lbs: Dustin Poirier vs. Nate Diaz

185lbs: Yoel Romero vs. Paulo Costa

185lbs: Luke Rockhold vs. Chris Weidman II

185lbs: Ronaldo Souza vs. David Branch

185lbs: Derek Brunson vs. Israel Adesanya
    Well. Alright, the ticket sale starts on September 12th, I set a calendar reminder. I have a feeling it'll be stupid expensive so...I'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by Livevil View Post
    Well Nevada is the base of operations for UFC and also has the most experienced athletic commission.
    I didn't know that. I do hear sometimes at different locations, the rules change a bit...if that's what that means?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeoni View Post
    also new york has super high taxes that take a massive cut out of their payments. I'm also 90% sure Conor cant even be in New York since you know what happened
    Ohhhhhhhh. Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    Here's to hoping Cody shuts TJ's mouth tonight... though it will eliminate the possibility of forcing boring ass DJ to fight him if he loses the belt.
    UFC 227 tonight! Idk who those people are. Are we rooting for tattoo guy?

- - - Updated - - -

Alright I'm starting to watch.

- - - Updated - - -

Who the fuck are these young looking chicks.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh shit the tiny short guy who is pound for pound #1 (obviously below God Cormier, though) is on this card. Alright I'm gonna pay attention to his fight and see if he's worth the hype.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm rooting for this blonde JJ chick. She like, cried her trainer gave her the prefight pep talk.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't like either of these guys, but I guess I'm rooting against DJ.

- - - Updated - - -

THE REIGNING. DEFENDING. UNDISPUTED UFC FLYWEIGHT CHAMPION OF THE WORLD. DEMETRIUS. MIGHTY MOUSE. JOHNSONNNN.

Bruce Buffer is my favorite.

- - - Updated - - -

What the fuck is with this ref's beard.

- - - Updated - - -

Not gonna lie. MM"s movement and footwork and even body movement is excellent. He is a hobbit so it's easier for him to do that than a tall person, but still...

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think MM moves up a class the way you guys are saying. I don't think his skills transfer if he has to gain weight.

- - - Updated - - -

This fight was actually fucking great. Could've been the main event. Cejudo performed way better than I expected.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally this MM Cejudo fight is one of the best fights I've ever seen. Probably the best.

- - - Updated - - -

Holy. Shit. New champion. Bruce buffer psyched me out.