Poll: Do you like Blizzard's class design approach for BfA?

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    choices that you are forced to make based on what boss you are fighting arent really choices
    It's like you didn't even read the entire post, but grats on your attempt to make a gotcha statement.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Doh, Beta feels like an extension of Legion on that matter, nothing really different.
    I don´t know what beta you people are trying

I tried 9 specs so far.. maybe the others hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Craaazyyy View Post
    choices that you are forced to make based on what boss you are fighting arent really choices
    Then there can be no real choice, ever. Unless all options are litterally the same there will always be a superior choice, therefore no choice by your logic. You're supposed to pick the right talent for the right situations, thats the most interresting gameplay you're ever gonna get from any talent system.

At least in the "new" talent system there is some thinking involved, regarding if you need AoE, ST, Cleave, is it bursty/sustained AoE, how much of the fight is it even relevant, how does this talent compliment my already existing class mechamins? Etc. Compared to the old talent system where you just google the correct spec to use for every situation. The old system had no "real" choice, either you did it right or you did it wrong.

Too much is being lost that cannot be matched by Azerite armor

Between the artifact ability, at least 4-5 rotation-influencing passives in your artifact, 2p and 4p tier bonuses, 2 legendary passives the feel and flow of your spec changes massively for the worse, but what's more discouraging is that there's basically nothing new in BfA for your class.

You get 3-4 legendary passives+artifact passives taken out and put into your talent tree, basically rehashed as "choices" and it feels terrible. Blizzard dev team when talking class design has always been on about how "good" it feels when you press a button, how it looks and how it sounds, if it's satisfactory to use.

And then they give Assassination Poison Bomb for 2 years, take it out in BfA and put it as a last tier talent choice, how good can it possibly feel for a player to see something like that? And that's just one of the dozens of specs who got this "have something-->take it away-->put is as a talent while getting nothing back in return" treatment.

It's undeniable that certain specs were enabled by their artifact, as they were balanced around it, if you take away the artifact and the spec receives no major reworks in BfA how can you expect it to still be good?

Assassination rogue was playable because of Blood of the Assassinated and Kingsbane active, they're both gone, nothing replaced it.

Shadow Priest worked because their SWP and VT did 2% more damage every second in Voidform. That's gone, and nothing replaced it.

Balance druids are losing New/Half/Full moon for nothing in return.

Deleted
    It's depressing to see how they mishandle WoW's development these days. They literally don't care anymore and it shows.

Did they even think this all through this time or did they try to operate with a hacksaw and a blowtorch?

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Watching the class changes in BfA has become a pain for me. I really don't understand what Blizzard is trying to do with their class design approach in the upcoming expansion.

Artifact weapons haven't been perfect but they added a very nice layer of character and spec development to the game. To remove most of the artifcat traits is something I really don't understand. Why?
    I think they are trying to make balancing a little easier in Bfa maybe... I don't know. But compared to Legion they are removing: Tier set bonuses, Artifact traits and Legendary bonuses, so I would think it gives them better prerequisites to tweak the numbers. But it's just my guess of why they are doing it.

Well... In my opinion, Ion's team is the worst thing that happened to WoW, including cata healing fiasco and wod launch fiasco. Left wow in legion, and it was the best decision I've ever made.

I almost feel sad for art team who create wonderful music and absolutely awesome locations. All their brilliant work destroyed by a team of autists with a pompous moron in a helm chair
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by l33t View Post
    Well... In my opinion, Ion's team is the worst thing that happened to WoW, including cata healing fiasco and wod launch fiasco. Left wow in legion, and it was the best decision I've ever made.

I almost feel sad for art team who create wonderful music and absolutely awesome locations. All their brilliant work destroyed by a team of autists with a pompous moron in a helm chair
    Well, I loved healing in Cata (was maining and raiding as a healer and Holy Paladin later) and I totally digged their "new" approach and it worked out imho.

What they are doing now is indeed the worst iteration of class gameplay since... I don't know. Maybe the launch of WotLK.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SpookyMoonz View Post
    so could you explain what you like about it? I don't think you have any actual argument, I just think you said some stupid shit to try to stir the pot.

but I'll give you a shot, big guy.
    Aaaah, MMO-champion community; never change :´)

bfa has the potential to be the best class design in wow's history for sure, I think they are doing a great job so far, we will see if they capitalize on it with azerite armor.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by elynos View Post
    bfa has the potential to be the best class design in wow's history for sure, I think they are doing a great job so far, we will see if they capitalize on it with azerite armor.
    What are you smoking?

Yes if you like playing a MOBA.
    ps : Azerite will add nothing but passive crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Yes if you like playing a MOBA.
    ps : Azerite will add nothing but passive crap.
    I do like MOBA's, but wow is nothing like a moba. And azerite traits are much more than passive crap, try again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What are you smoking?
    nothing, wbu?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Not true, you could also have a talent system that significantly changes the way a spec plays depending on talent choices and just use it to built a character the way you like it instead of using it to make "right' choices.
    But unless all those choices are litterally the same they will never be completely equal in all situations and thus any choice is lost again. It's the same as arguing class balance. Classes will never be equal either unless you make all classes the same.

Even a revamp of the talent system can't save this. Honestly, they have to give up on the idea of pruning every expansion with classes.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think there is too much panic and bandwagon jumping about 'class design' in the upcoming Xpac. We don't honestly know how its gonna shape up, and I remember very similar posts about how dreadful artifacts were going to be and they turned out allright. Like every expansion this will just not be a big deal in a few months, people will find some other change to flip out about. If you have real feedback put it where it matters or play the Beta but these threads that are a circlejerk of pointless whinging are the most tedious thing.

No, its terrible, hunter bored me so much I can barely stand playing the beta, and the content isn't making up for the incredibly boring class playstyle at all.

I do like MOBA's, but wow is nothing like a moba. And azerite traits are much more than passive crap, try again.
    No, they're not. They don't change anything. They give you percentages of X & Y, that's it. The Azerite traits that change your playstyle are yet to be seen.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Motso View Post
    I think there is too much panic and bandwagon jumping about 'class design' in the upcoming Xpac. We don't honestly know how its gonna shape up...
    What is there to "shape up"? Class design is done at this point. There's nothing left and nothing to come.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    What are you smoking?
    Right?! Like, I am debating sitting this expansion out after playing beta. Not sure what other people are seeing that I'm not.

the class design team are stupid cunts

i respect blizzard for being an equal opportunity employer but when you gather every mentally disabled person in the building and put them on one team, they just aren't capable of creating something fun.