Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

b.net app auto-opening streams

is there any way to disable this annoying shit ? if i want to watch any stream from hots, sc2 or anything else it may be ill just click it

why does it have to automatically start the moment i click on the game
    Scam Citizen referral code: STAR-2YL2-XDTX|get 5,000 UEC

10+ Year Old Account
    Uhm, can't answer you that, sorry. Not experienced it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    anyone who knows what im talking about ???

No and it is annoying. I am stuck with very poor internet myself clocking in at roughly 350kbs. The best you can do is close it at this point they are trying to shove some misbegotten esport idea again.

Maybe don't click on the Overwatch League button?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    Maybe don't click on the Overwatch League button?
    thats not what i mean holy shit
    whenever u switch between games on bnet app where news usually are there are streams for games where esports exist like sc2, hots and even wow arena

i have no idea how can u not experience this if u play blizzard games often enough

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    u can turn it off....
    *Minaah* lvl 120 / Resto & Balance Druid -- GM of Onslaught on Doomhammer-US, Horde

Never seen this happen.
    Scheduled weekly maintenance caught me by surprise.

I have only ever seen the OW League stuff. I must have turned it off because ive only seen it once.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Click on overwatch or sc2 in the launcher. Both have streams on their pages right now, in the US at least.
    Mine start paused. /Shrug

Just close the battle.net client window once you enter the game, or just change the setting so it automatically closes once u start a game.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    It's really fun if you're trying to play Overwatch, and you have to tab out to close the battle.net app (or use the "close on game launch" setting)...

Because it's still playing the stream in the background after launching the game.

"We heard you like Overwatch. So we put a live stream in the launcher so you can listen to other people play Overwatch in the background while you play Overwatch! What, it's drowning out your team's voice chat? That's a feature!"

Quote Originally Posted by Proskill View Post
    thats not what i mean holy shit
    whenever u switch between games on bnet app where news usually are there are streams for games where esports exist like sc2, hots and even wow arena

i have no idea how can u not experience this if u play blizzard games often enough
    Oh, that. Just push the < or > on either side of the video... Or click on a different game that doesn't have streams running... Or close the client...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Have you tried clicking the pause button on them?
    fuck off smartass. i dont want them to start automatically at all in the first place

fuck off smartass. i dont want them to start automatically at all in the first place
    Then launch the game through a shortcut instead of through the launcher.

click the blue arrow next to the blizzard logo on top left. Click settings. Chose streaming from the side bar. remove the tick from enable streaming. profit

You seem like a lost cause.

Bypass the launcher or stop bitching. We're not your tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    click the blue arrow next to the blizzard logo on top left. Click settings. Chose streaming from the side bar. remove the tick from enable streaming. profit
    quoting for truth

The Bnet app will only get worse as more and more bloatware gets added (and advertised for) such as call of duty and destiny etc.

It's fucking sad that we have to scroll to the side to see what friends are doing with all the ads on the fucking thing.
    Last edited by Morgaith; 2018-06-17 at 10:44 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morgaith View Post
    The Bnet app will only get worse as more and more bloatware gets added (and advertised for) such as call of duty and destiny etc.
    Oh no the world is ending fuck activision ect. ect. my bnet has a few more icons that I never have to click its all their fault.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.