She might already be dead...I mean again (bare with me)

The Lich King, defeated......replaced? Who cares how they chose their future mistakes?

The Banshee Queen throws herself from Icecrown Citadel, expecting her consciousness to be brought to the place of light she was briefly lulled into after her First Death. Why shouldn't she expect it? She spent her after life breaking from from Arthas' control to defend her new people, the new arrows in a quiver.

And she'd earned that rest. More than ever, she'd -

Something is wrong. Something has gone wrong. Despite her expectations...pain.

Arthas? Here? Wait...a child? Is that you, Arthas? Tormented, confused and alone.

Ugh! She had not felt in decades. Not truly felt. Remembered that living beings had feelings beyond hatred, anger, cunning, discipline.

Child Arthas: wailing, frightened, confused and in pain - she reaches for....what?! Could she be in a place so horrid, a shred of her remaining humanity felt pity for Arthas Menethil?

Agony. Ugh! was this what was waited for....

Meanwhile - (cause it's forever ago. I counted.) we all forgot this happened because she committed suicide on the jagged spikes of saronite at the base of Ice Crown Citadel. Saronite =

The Blood of Yogg-Saron.

A once strong and driven mind shattered across an infinite plain of Void. Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger-General of Blah Blah: The Banshee Queen, Lady of the You Soon Won't Remember. Yes, another indispensably important person had dashed themselves to pieces upon...alright, it'd never felt quite like this. So much of the original mind hadn't quite been so...animated.

No matter. I shall...I am not of what I was even though I am what I have always been? A Light...Alone in My Dark...

My hooks are in. Her mind is shattered. Fill in the cracks and All that you know will fade.

Since Sylvanas' suicide, her personality has changed. That's to be expected since her reason for not-living was to not-live Arthas even harder. So stay where she had ALWAYS been in the Horde. The Shadows. Where she works best.

But Thrall quits. He has a lot of options. A lot of options BETTER than Garrosh.

Cairne. People like or at least respect him. Old, wise, battle hardened.

Vol'Jin. I mean, same. Respected. Battle-tested, mother approved?

Sylvanas. No one's first choice but she IS a member of the Horde and Goddamn, she has more military experience than-

Garrosh.

What?

Garrosh. I pick Garrosh.

FFS, Why?!

*chants*

FFS, fine! Garrosh. As long as other viable leaders are still *kills Cairne in an (albeit well intended) unfair fight* alright but there's still *attempts to assassinate Vol'Jin*

Ok, not ideal. Garrosh, bring the Horde together as the disenfranchised masses it was born of! Attract allies in the unlikely - *bomb Theramore* allllright. So you're seeming a bit zealoty. Anything to say?

"You ain't orc'd mug, you ain't zug zug!" Sylvanas hates all of it.

I mean...

/MoP Sylvanas hates all of it.

Vol'jin. Sylvanas does NOT actually hate all of it because she respects this Warchi-oh, fuck. He Fel'd in battle.

SO why would the Loa name Sylvanas? Maybe because they know if she stays in the shadows, the corruption borne into her will only grow unchecked. Because to the Forsaken, she isn't a leader - she's a way of life. The ONLY way of life for most of them. And the newer ones, the only way of life that didn't entail an immediate dirt nap.

If her mind has been corrupted by an Old God for years, the last place you'd want her is front and center. Despite her military prowess, she is not the face of The Horde. She should not be. She cannot be. These were more arrows....

"The Spirits have granted me Clarity. A vision. They whisper a name."

Sylvanas waits in anticipation. Vol'Jin, the last of the Original Horde, wants her allegiance before he can pass. He, more than most, has earned a death knowing his allies in life do not change in death.

"Many will not understand," The Warchief's voice is growing hoarse, yet somehow reinforced by whispers speaking too quickly to have happened yet to forceful to have not "but you must step out of the shadows."

A knot Sylvanas had never known was in her stomach loosed and if she could have worry of faint - a malady that even with bloodflow she never had in court, she thought....

The Throne was empty. The room was empty but for Nathanos. It made no sense.

Garrosh made no sense.

Vol'jin had made some but it had been a very hurried sense.

The Banshee Queen, for Warchief....how would the Tauren does it matter?

Baine. Saurfang. She had no emotional attachment to either good

The Loa they whispered a name.

Many would not understand.

The least of which, the name whispered.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Christ, it's a badly formated speculation thread.

RUN TO THE HILLS!

And no, Garrosh did make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Christ, it's a badly formated speculation thread.

RUN TO THE HILLS!

And no, Garrosh did make sense.
    yeah, I'd actually done my best. I didn't have a talent for writing to begin with and I was in a car accident 4 years ago. It doesn't seem like it but this took me 1/2 a day to actually make sure it was readable.

It sounded better in voice.

I'm sorry. I did try.

It was more some of the ideas I wanted across
    Last edited by whynotchris; 2018-06-17 at 03:47 AM.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whynotchris View Post
    It sounded better in voice.

I'm sorry. I did try.

I was more some of the ideas I wanted across
    Oh shit, now I'm feeling sorry.

Anyway, you just need to work on paragraphs. It's still a forum, and it needs paragraphs. Introduction, discussion, conclusion - a paragraph can contain all of this.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Oh shit, now I'm feeling sorry.

Anyway, you just need to work on paragraphs. It's still a forum, and it needs paragraphs. Introduction, discussion, conclusion - a paragraph can contain all of this.
    No I didn't mean to make you feel bad! I'd rather feedback be honest than comforting lol

yeah I try to make those things. Long story short, I was a great writer, albeit slow. Then things did things and now I have to reread the previous thing I've written over and over per new word I write. Old stuff before the accident is fine but new thoughts are really hard to hold onto.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say I agree with your correlation between Sylvanas and the old gods. I think Alleria's maddening Void whispers in the recent Windrunner comic made it clear that wherever Sylvanas/Arthas/Bolvar/Ner'Zhul derive their power from, it is at odds with the Void. I imagine it has something to do with the cosmic map sections; players yet to be revealed.

And I'm not convinced that all Loa are necessarily Wild Gods either. Gonk and Halazzi probably chill in the Emerald Dream, sure, but I'm guessing Bwansamdi has his own pocket in the Shadowlands or some spirit world in the elemental sphere of death. Probably Sen'jin, Vol'jin and other non-animal sentient spirits too. And they, or whatever forces lord over this realm from whence Necromancers and Helya and Odyn's other Val'kyr draw their power, have their own agenda separate from Yogg-Saron et al; but no less corrupting or deadly.

I also really appreciated your writing style by the way. English major here. It was like reading haiku or iambic pentameter; a breath of fresh air from the traditional uninteresting forum paragraph structure of the subjectively proper formatting of hairbrained ideas to which I now contribute.
    Last edited by MrSaggins; 2018-06-17 at 05:23 AM.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

Mike Morhaime CEO of Blizzard Entertainment, Blizzcon 2014 (view)

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSaggins View Post
    And I'm not convinced that all Loa are necessarily Wild Gods either. Gonk and Halazzi probably chill in the Emerald Dream, sure, but I'm guessing Bwansamdi has his own pocket in the Shadowlands or some spirit world in the elemental sphere of death. Probably Sen'jin, Vol'jin and other non-animal sentient spirits too. And they, or whatever forces lord over this realm from whence Necromancers and Helya and Odyn's other Val'kyr draw their power, have their own agenda separate from Yogg-Saron et al; but no less corrupting or deadly.
    To the Trolls all Wild Gods are Loa, but not all Loa are Wild Gods, per se; there are some Loa who are other types of manifestations - for example Zanza the Restless, a being the Trolls refer to as a Loa who is quite obviously the spirit of a formerly living Troll. Bwonsamdi likely has a similar story, having the guise of a Troll himself. Perhaps at some point in the ancient history of the original Troll Empire the Troll who would become Bwonsamdi found a way of having power over the Shadowlands, or perhaps he found a device or relic that connected him in some way with the transit of souls of his fellow Trolls. Regardless, something exalted him above and beyond the limit of most Trolls and he went on to be deified by his peers - and persists today much like Zanza does as either a spirit-being or a type of undead being.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I think that this sums this thread perfectly. Dear god, this is a mess. Im not even sure what exactly is your point.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Lich King, defeated......replaced? Who cares how they chose their future mistakes?

The Banshee Queen throws herself from Icecrown Citadel, expecting her consciousness to be brought to the place of light she was briefly lulled into after her First Death. Why shouldn't she expect it? She spent her after life breaking from from Arthas' control to defend her new people, the new arrows in a quiver.

And she'd earned that rest. More than ever, she'd -

Something is wrong. Something has gone wrong. Despite her expectations...pain.

Arthas? Here? Wait...a child? Is that you, Arthas? Tormented, confused and alone.

Ugh! She had not felt in decades. Not truly felt. Remembered that living beings had feelings beyond hatred, anger, cunning, discipline.

Child Arthas: wailing, frightened, confused and in pain - she reaches for....what?! Could she be in a place so horrid, a shred of her remaining humanity felt pity for Arthas Menethil?

Agony. Ugh! was this what was waited for....

Meanwhile - (cause it's forever ago. I counted.) we all forgot this happened because she committed suicide on the jagged spikes of saronite at the base of Ice Crown Citadel. Saronite =

The Blood of Yogg-Saron.

A once strong and driven mind shattered across an infinite plain of Void. Sylvanas Windrunner, Ranger-General of Blah Blah: The Banshee Queen, Lady of the You Soon Won't Remember. Yes, another indispensably important person had dashed themselves to pieces upon...alright, it'd never felt quite like this. So much of the original mind hadn't quite been so...animated.

No matter. I shall...I am not of what I was even though I am what I have always been? A Light...Alone in My Dark...

My hooks are in. Her mind is shattered. Fill in the cracks and All that you know will fade.

Since Sylvanas' suicide, her personality has changed. That's to be expected since her reason for not-living was to not-live Arthas even harder. So stay where she had ALWAYS been in the Horde. The Shadows. Where she works best.

But Thrall quits. He has a lot of options. A lot of options BETTER than Garrosh.

Cairne. People like or at least respect him. Old, wise, battle hardened.

Vol'Jin. I mean, same. Respected. Battle-tested, mother approved?

Sylvanas. No one's first choice but she IS a member of the Horde and Goddamn, she has more military experience than-

Garrosh.

What?

Garrosh. I pick Garrosh.

FFS, Why?!

*chants*

FFS, fine! Garrosh. As long as other viable leaders are still *kills Cairne in an (albeit well intended) unfair fight* alright but there's still *attempts to assassinate Vol'Jin*

Ok, not ideal. Garrosh, bring the Horde together as the disenfranchised masses it was born of! Attract allies in the unlikely - *bomb Theramore* allllright. So you're seeming a bit zealoty. Anything to say?

"You ain't orc'd mug, you ain't zug zug!" Sylvanas hates all of it.

I mean...

/MoP Sylvanas hates all of it.

Vol'jin. Sylvanas does NOT actually hate all of it because she respects this Warchi-oh, fuck. He Fel'd in battle.

SO why would the Loa name Sylvanas? Maybe because they know if she stays in the shadows, the corruption borne into her will only grow unchecked. Because to the Forsaken, she isn't a leader - she's a way of life. The ONLY way of life for most of them. And the newer ones, the only way of life that didn't entail an immediate dirt nap.

If her mind has been corrupted by an Old God for years, the last place you'd want her is front and center. Despite her military prowess, she is not the face of The Horde. She should not be. She cannot be. These were more arrows....

"The Spirits have granted me Clarity. A vision. They whisper a name."

Sylvanas waits in anticipation. Vol'Jin, the last of the Original Horde, wants her allegiance before he can pass. He, more than most, has earned a death knowing his allies in life do not change in death.

"Many will not understand," The Warchief's voice is growing hoarse, yet somehow reinforced by whispers speaking too quickly to have happened yet to forceful to have not "but you must step out of the shadows."

A knot Sylvanas had never known was in her stomach loosed and if she could have worry of faint - a malady that even with bloodflow she never had in court, she thought....

The Throne was empty. The room was empty but for Nathanos. It made no sense.

Garrosh made no sense.

Vol'jin had made some but it had been a very hurried sense.

The Banshee Queen, for Warchief....how would the Tauren does it matter?

Baine. Saurfang. She had no emotional attachment to either good

The Loa they whispered a name.

The least of which, the name whispered.
    I have no freaking idea what youre talking about. What part of this is a quote? What part of this is your opinion?

I also really appreciated your writing style by the way. English major here. It was like reading haiku or iambic pentameter; a breath of fresh air from the traditional uninteresting forum paragraph structure of the subjectively proper formatting of hairbrained ideas to which I now contribute.
    Funny thing that the boring, uninteresting forum paragraph structure is probably better for getting your ideas across. We don't write scientific reports in haiku for a reason and damn if OP doesn't show why.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Maybe we’re all stuck inside Sylvanas’ death dream and next expansion everything will revert back to the beginning of Cata.

I'm not sure i understood the point, but it seems pretty common these days to blame the Saronite on which Sylvannas had fallen for her miss-deeds....

I'm of a mind that Sylvannas has not (yet) done anything too out of order.

There have been some questionable actions, but in the end they have all been in the sake of her people (Be it the Forsaken, or the Horde as a whole)

She might be quite harsh at times, but that doesn't mean a bad leader (or a dictator as some make her to be...)

Madness will consume you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by killwithpwr View Post
    I'm not sure i understood the point, but it seems pretty common these days to blame the Saronite on which Sylvannas had fallen for her miss-deeds....
    Ever since Arthas died, Sylvanas' sole motivation has been "Gotta keep going, or i'll go to hell" (She has shown some concern for the Horde only lately), spurred on by a horrifying vision she had after she threw herself off Icecrown citadel, where she landed on Saronite, literal old god blood (Remember that daily quest inside that saronite mine? With the miners driven insane by strange whispers?)

Now we all know contact with anything old god related is bad for your sanity (Let's assume the PCs not going loopy from wearing/using saronite gear all through WotLK is either a gameplay consideration, or the average adventurer is too dain-bramaged to notice :3 ), what would happen when you're lying on the brink of death on top of a pile of the stuff? Let's just say that her vision that time was suspect at the very least, yet it still remains a big motivator for her current actions.

Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    Ever since Arthas died, Sylvanas' sole motivation has been "Gotta keep going, or i'll go to hell" (She has shown some concern for the Horde only lately), spurred on by a horrifying vision she had after she threw herself off Icecrown citadel, where she landed on Saronite, literal old god blood (Remember that daily quest inside that saronite mine? With the miners driven insane by strange whispers?)

Now we all know contact with anything old god related is bad for your sanity (Let's assume the PCs not going loopy from wearing/using saronite gear all through WotLK is either a gameplay consideration, or the average adventurer is too dain-bramaged to notice :3 ), what would happen when you're lying on the brink of death on top of a pile of the stuff? Let's just say that her vision that time was suspect at the very least, yet it still remains a big motivator for her current actions.
    I mean, you'd have to be influenced by Old God paranoia to think that attacking the Alliance is the best way to secure peace when said faction is being lead by Anduin "Magic Bones" Wrynn. Boy would snap his neck turning his head so fast if Sylvanas seductively whispered the words "Peace Treaty" two miles away from him.

Your formatting makes no sense. Some parts clearly quote the novel and I think you're implying that she's been Old God'ed after that incident? I seriously doubt it, considering it hasn't been referenced really in-game since. Plus as you mention it puts other things into question:

Loa: Yep, totally her.
    Vol'jin: Are you serious? She's literally radiating saronite poisoning and I think I see her tongue turning into a tentacle.
    Loa: Don't doubt the loas!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    I have no freaking idea what youre talking about. What part of this is a quote? What part of this is your opinion?
    Yeah but the other method is good for sticking out and making people take notice.
    "There is another person on the other end of the chat screen. They're our friends; they're our brothers and sisters; they're our sons and daughters. Let's take a stand to reject hate and harassment, and let's redouble our efforts to be kind and respectful to one another, and let's remind the world what the gaming community is really all about."

What in the actual hell even is this thread?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but the other method is good for sticking out and making people take notice.
    Huh? What other method? For what? Notice what?

7+ Year Old Account
    This is why we need Garrosh back as warchief.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noomz View Post
    Huh? What other method? For what? Notice what?
    The original poster's.