Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    last I checked the children of someone who murders another generally stays with another parent or if non are available, with extended family.

try harder.
    And if there are no relatives they are moved into the childcare system. It changes nothing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    And if there are no relatives they are moved into the childcare system. It changes nothing.
    Last I checked these kids arent being given to families under the US child protective systems. Which is the last resort. Here its the first resort. TO the point where we send them back to their home country, but hold their children here for god knows how long.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Illegal immigration is not a crime.
    I'm sorry you think so, but it is a federal crime in the USA. If you don't like that, vote to change it. Disliking a law does not mean you can ignore or go against it without consequences.

10+ Year Old Account
    Holy fucking shit!

Both the topic, and the reaction from some of you people is just disgusting.

This lack of sympathy makes me nauseous. The US completely and utterly, fucked up. The concentration camps are bad enough, but the separated parents and children not being in touch or even knowing where they are for months? With the risk of permanent separation?

Sure, deport them, but least freaking try to be humane about it.

This is one of those things that makes you think if US should even be considered to be among the 1st world countries anymore. Fucking barbaric.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Shooting unarmed people looking for labor jobs, aren't we tough. Your post doesn't agree with democracy.
    and uncontrolled mass immigration dosn't agree with our economy or the long term survival of our country and its culture, or its safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Holy fucking shit!

This lack of sympathy makes me nauseous. The US completely and utterly, fucked up. The concentration camps are bad enough, but the separated parents and children not being in touch or even knowing where they are for months? With the risk of permanent separation?

This is one of those things that makes you think if US should even be considered to be among the 1st world countries anymore. Fucking barbaric.
    The USA can't save everybody....Does it suck to see this...absolutely...however most people don't understand why this is happening and are just finger pointing at Trump and his administration.

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    The USA can't save everybody....Does it suck to see this...absolutely...however most people don't understand why this is happening and are just finger pointing at Trump and his administration.
    It seems people on the left think we have enough money left over to feed, cloth, house and air condition every single non-american on the face of the planet.
    Forgot to say *provide health care and services* also

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.... there is a reason for that

Well.... there is a reason for that
    Yea, you watch too much CNN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    It seems people on the left think we have enough money left over to feed, cloth, house and air condition every single non-american on the face of the planet.
    They don't realize just letting people in freely would cause a depression that would make the Great Depression look like a high economical time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, you watch too much CNN.
    Yeah, its not CNN's fault this is happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daethz View Post
    and uncontrolled mass immigration dosn't agree with our economy or the long term survival of our country and its culture, or its safety.
    You let know when it becomes a real problem. Maybe we should stop giving hand outs to the rich.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Holy fucking shit!

If only all these people without emotions or care could be turned into an 8 year old boy, left in a foreign country without their mother and no contact.

i bet all the hard man internet talk would stop and they would just cry cry cry cry, pathetic.

i mean some even saying they should shoot illegals at the border? ok sure you shoot unarmed women and children be a real hero!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    While I respect trying to make a better life for herself and her family, Illegally entering a country has consequences. with such a wide spread issue, bureaucracy isn't going to keep up.
    its not a bureaucracy issue.

Last I checked these kids arent being given to families under the US child protective systems. Which is the last resort. Here its the first resort. TO the point where we send them back to their home country, but hold their children here for god knows how long.
    Then send them back with the parents or figure out how to incorporate them into the system. There are problems with immigration law in the US, but this sob story is designed to incite people like our dear Didactic to fanatical outrage for the children.

The US needs to have comprehensive immigration laws that can be enforced and are beneficial American society, while also humanely dealing with the children caught up in their parents crimes. What is your solution? Send them with the parents, move them into the usual childcare routes, or something else?

You let know when it becomes a real problem. Maybe we should stop giving hand outs to the rich.
    It already is, we let in so many immigrants at the same time that they segregate themselves and never integrate successfully into our countries culture, language or way of life, creating highly incompatible conflicting cultures in the middle of the united states that creates a consistently growing division that weakens the integrity of our country.

They already pay most of the taxes for the country

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khelek View Post
    Then send them back with the parents or figure out how to incorporate them into the system. There are problems with immigration law in the US, but this sob story is designed to incite people like our dear Didactic to fanatical outrage for the children.

The US needs to have comprehensive immigration laws that can be enforced and are beneficial American society, while also humanely dealing with the children caught up in their parents crimes. What is your solution? Send them with the parents, move them into the usual childcare routes, or something else?
    and yet here you are defending this instead. Most people you are disagreeing with actually agree with you with that sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying you should try and save anyone. Deport them back. That's fine. But don't do this concentration camp bullshit. Don't separate families for who knows how long. That's not okay, at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonk View Post
    And again, let’s presume equity in schools is achievable. Then why should a parent read to a child?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So easy to sit and judge when you won the genetic lottery and don't have to live in a mud hut without food or money. Such empathy!
    So easy to judge people when you can lean on the emotional argument instead of a legal one.

So because they crossed some made up line on a map she has to lose her child? Cuz THAT makes a whole lotta sense. We don't want immigrants cuz they suck the money out of the economy but oh I know let's keep all the kids so that we have to food and clothe and take care of them. So much logic and winning in the current administration!
    Those "made up lines" are what allow a nation to establish and maintain cultures, law and order, and governmental sovereignty. I don't hear you talking or complaining about how harsh Mexico is.. for example.. Regarding immigration.

She knowingly crossed that line, which is against that Country's law. She did it with intent, planning, and determination. If this was homocide, it would be first degree. Sympathy goes out the window at some point. And I would remind you that these rules were established BEFORE Trump took office. It is getting attention NOW because there is a Republican in office, and that Republican is enforcing laws... Existing Laws... As a President should. and it is much more tenable to cry at the otherside than accept that the Great and Venerable Obama was shady as fuck.

Glad to see the usual morally bankrupt suspects showing up to vomit crap they heard on Fox n Friends
    Actually, you are the one who is morally bankrupt. The fact that you are ok with people completely ignoring the WELL KNOWN law of this country is morally bankrupt.

Is it nice that Children and parents are getting separated? No. Is it unfortunate that their country is run terribly, and is constant state of poverty? Yes. Is it our fault? No. Does having a shitty situation excuse law breaking? By your logic, it does... In that case... I will be right back after robbing a bank because I am broke and poor. I will have you defend me and we will see how that defense holds up?

That's what I thought.
    "When you build it, you love it!"

I'm not saying you should try and save anyone. Deport them back. That's fine. But don't do this concentration camp bullshit. Don't separate families for who knows how long. That's not okay, at all.
    It's not a concentration camp...we aren't gassing these children to death...they're actually being educated and well taken care of...stop acting like theyre living in cages.