View Poll Results: Should children be separated from adults in detention facilities?

Voters
287. This poll is closed
  • Yes

94 32.75%
  • No

193 67.25%
Page 18 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Let people chose where they live. Freedom is awesome.
    Mexico has the same kind of process the US has for immigration, how come they don't have open borders?
    Disarm now correctly removes the targets’ arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Underverse View Post
    There doesn't seem to be a good justification for the decision at this time. That's the problem.
    Except their is a justification. The parents are criminals committing a federal offense. The children are not generally charged with this crime because they're often solicited to break the immigration law by their parents. So either you
    a) let the parents go and 'hope' they show up to their trial, which they don't and thus creating the problem
    b) you separate them so that the kids aren't subjected to gen pop incarceration
    c) you put the parents in juvenile facility with the kids to keep them altogether (wanna take a chance on if any pedos are in the mix?)
    d) throw the kids in the same gen pop environment as their parents (wanna take the chance there's no pedos in that mix as well?)

For the record, these aren't new Trump laws. They're the exist policies that Trump told ICE, DHS, and CBP to actually uphold and do instead of ignore. So if you don't like it, then there's a good chance the person(s) responsible for signing these policies are still in office giving themselves raises every year, but it's not the Presidential seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatrilian View Post
    But that doesn't happen. If the picture you painted is a society that does not have a welfare safety net. As soon as they enter the country their kids will need education at 15 grand a kid. They get sick medicaid, they have children wick. They have children then they can get on to sec 8 housing. This is not the immigration of the 1920s were people didn't have the welfare state to lean on. Your position is unlimited immigration and that will cost immense amount of money. The welfare system exists whether you like it or not.
    And you seem to like it a lot.

My position is to get rid of the welfare states, and support individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets.

Guess this makes this the 110th time Trump is called a Nazi by the media.

Don't worry guys, its working!

haha

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Then suffer the consequences. Hey it's better than being dead amirite?
    It's so easy to tell other people to fuck off and die or they should suffer by having their families separated from the comfort of an armchair isn't it? Sociopaths.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Mexico has the same kind of process the US has for immigration, how come they don't have open borders?
    Because they hate freedom almost as much as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanknasty View Post
    Dems da breaks, kid. Grow on up now, ya hear?
    It shows a lot that you think having compassion is a childish trait. Mocking basic decency is par for the course from the American right these days.

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    I'd break the law so fucking fast to help out myself and my kids escape from extreme violence and if you say you wouldn't, you're probably a liar.
    Not all of Mexico is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Because they hate freedom almost as much as you do.
    Do you get paid to make stupid posts, or is that all you know how to do?

Not all of Mexico is bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you get paid to make stupid posts, or is that all you know how to do?
    Loving freedom is stupid to you? Of course it it...

And you seem to like it a lot.

My position is to get rid of the welfare states, and support individual liberty, limited government, and the free markets.
    Ok then why would you want hordes of people that will vote the opposite of that position?

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilanth View Post
    Guess this makes this the 110th time Trump is called a Nazi by the media.

Don't worry guys, its working!

haha
    These morons would shit their pants if Nazism was reality.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    LOL love that ridiculous title: like the Nazis!

Wish I had been aware of that excuse when I was kid.

Mom/dad: Take a shower before you go to bed.
    Me: You know who forced children to take showers? Nazis! That's right mom/dad: you're the same as a fucking Nazi!
    and we've found the racist.

OT; There's absolutely no point in separating families, and the only real purpose it serves is a bargaining chip for republicans to hound and hound over -- as well as creating a horrific story for migrants and psychological abuse for the children

Loving freedom is stupid to you? Of course it it...
    You're not talking about freedom, you're talking about anarchy.

Ok then why would you want hordes of people that will vote the opposite of that position?
    I already have it here. Just look at all the Trump and Hillary voters...

- - - Updated - - -

You're not talking about freedom, you're talking about anarchy.
    Nope, not an anarchist.

The only actions that should be restricted, are those that harm others.

Somehow, when the Irish, Italians, Germans, etc. came over, the country didn't collapse from an overburdened welfare state. What makes you so certain this new wave of immigrants won't work for their keep? What's different about them from those Europeans?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Checkt View Post
    and we've found the racist.
    ??
    {10char}

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I get that, but are the kids being adopted or being sent back? That's the part I'm a bit lost on. (I haven't researched the entire process, me posing questions is genuine ignorance)
    The way it used to work (under Obama and W. Bush):

- Family illegally crosses the border and gets caught.
    - The family was detained in a detention facility pending a deportation hearing.
    - They eventually got their hearing and were deported.

The way it is supposed to work under Trump's 'zero tolerance' policy:

- Family illegally crosses the border and gets caught.
    - The adults are arrested and charged with improper entry in criminal courts.
    - While the parents are in custody pending their criminal trials, the children placed in the custody of ORR (Office of Refugee Resettlement).
    - ORR puts the kids in shelters and looks for relatives in the US who can take custody of the kids, if no one can be found they look for foster families to take custody of them, sometimes the kids just remain in an ORR shelter.
    - If it is the parents' first time being charged with improper entry, they almost certainly get time served as the sentence after they are convicted (meaning the time they spent in pre-trial confinement was adequate punishment).
    - The parents are then supposed to be released back into an immigration detention facility and reunited with their kids.
    - They then eventually get their deportation hearing and are deported.

Only things don't often go that way and the procedures for all of that are up in the air. The bold portion above is all Trump and Jeff Sessions care about... That is their 'zero tolerance' policy in action and what threw a wrench into how things were done previously. And they don't really care about all the complications that arise, they just care that people who enter the country illegally get prosecuted for doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by McCulloch View Post
    Somehow, when the Irish, Italians, Germans, etc. came over, the country didn't collapse from an overburdened welfare state. What makes you so certain this new wave of immigrants won't work for their keep? What's different about them from those Europeans?
    We didn't have the welfare state that is the entire point. You offer it advertise it of course people will take it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    ??
    {10char}
    I'm sorry? What's confusing about pointing out apologist for actual nazi actions?

Es posible que la lengua que tu hablas es español?

I already have it here. Just look at all the Trump and Hillary voters...

- - - Updated - - -

Nope, not an anarchist.

The only actions that should be restricted, are those that harm others.
    So freely crossing boarders doesn't hurt anyone?