Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    1. So violation of international law. Good to know the USA's word is worthless and no treaty should ever be signed with them.

2. Great. I declare you an illegal and we'll throw you out to Somolia. What? Evidence? Why do I need any evidence? There's not going to be any hearing to present evidence at anyway.

3. It's like you can almost figure out why a wall is a moronic idea, but your mind can't quite manage it.
    1. then just shorten the time between they arrive and their request is denied, make it a week or less.
    2. if i crossed the border illegally, sure why not.
    3. explain to me how building a giant wall with drones circling it, that will impede people from climbing up it/ tunneling under it/ and therefore reduce the number of illegals that reach the US is a stupid idea. less people border hopping, means less families being jailed and separated. why can't you figure that out?

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Right there, see it?you've fallen for that BS posted on Twitter. The Democrats are NOT for open borders. They want to do what you claimed that you'd like to see happen. Better legal avenues while enforcing border policies. Where you might differ is that Democrats believe that to reach that point something must be done about the current undocumented immigrants already in the country or along the border. They believe that mass deportation is neither feasible or fair to those who have been working and only crime is that they are undocumented. Specifically undocumented due to a flawed system, that's just pertaining to green card holders.

The shit that's going now. ICE acting a damn fool. Mass detention and separating families. Definitely not on the Democrats as they don't even have a say in the matter. I'll even give some Republicans...SOME...Republicans a pass. The blame lies in the complacent and those in charge. Trying to place the blame on anyone else is absolutely ridiculous. Like blaming on lookers that they're the reason a hostage got shot because they didn't meet the demands of the terrorist. Absolute garbage.

I'm not even sure how you can sit there and say what Trump is doing is bad and then turn around and say 'well it's the Democrats fault'. HOW? Bush wasn't pulling this bullshit. Obama wasn't. Hell, Trump is basically dealing with the same laws as Obama but suddenly Trump is compelled by law to violate basic human dignity? By your own words, Trump's goal is to make it so. Bad that potential immigrants don't even want to risk the trip. That's the mindset of plenty of sick leaders.
    if the democrats agreed to all of Trumps demands and the wall we wouldn't be in this mess. they are flat out refusing funding for the wall, which may in fact be a stupid idea but hey. we've spent $ on worse ideas. the dems just want to legalise all immigrants and get 10m more voters for themselves - ask the democrats if they could have all of their demands met, but the illegals wont not be allowed to vote, would they agree to it anyway?
    Last edited by announced; 2018-06-17 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    if the democrats agreed to all of Trumps demands and the wall we wouldn't be in this mess. they are flat out refusing funding for the wall, which may in fact be a stupid idea but hey. we've spent $ on worse ideas. the dems just want to legalise all immigrants and get 10m more voters for themselves - ask the democrats if they could have all of their demands met, but the illegals wont not be allowed to vote, would they agree to it anyway?
    How so? this is Trump's policy he is basically doing this in order to hold democrats hostage. Also let's say you are right and they give him what he wants, how can they possibly trust him not to do it again? he is already a compulsive liar now he is holding babies as political hostages.

https://twitter.com/TexasTribune/sta...21514493956097

A federal detention center for unaccompanied immigrant minors is up and running in West Texas, just one day after federal officials announced the location.

The office of state Rep. César Blanco, D-El Paso, confirmed the opening of the facility at the federal port of entry at Tornillo, about 20 miles east of the El Paso city limits. As of Friday afternoon, 100 minors were on site there, Blanco said.

The shelter, which critics have called a tent city because of the makeshift, temporary buildings that are being used, was deemed necessary after President Donald Trump's administration began its policy of “zero tolerance” for people who are seeking asylum and who cross into the country illegally in between ports of entry. The policy means that adults will be prosecuted for federal charges while their children are taken into government custody.

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services’ Administration for Children and Families said in a fact sheet provided by Blanco’s office the shelter currently has space for 360 unaccompanied minors “with the ability to expand or contract” as needed.

Blanco sent the department a written request Thursday inquiring into when the facility would be constructed and if the children would be able to communicate with their family members, among other things.

He told the Tribune Friday afternoon he was blindsided by how fast the government moved on the project.

“There is clearly a lack of transparency, and clearly this administration is in a hurry to set these tent cities up without any input from the local community, without any input from any kind of third party,” he said.

Blanco said his office has requested a site tour to inspect the facility and have some of his questions answered.

“We don’t want to go two weeks from now,” he said “We want to have access immediately. It’s 100 degrees out, these are out there in tents, so we want to make sure we have access as soon as possible.”

In a fact sheet, the Department of Health and Human Services asserted the impact to local communities would be minimal and that the minors in the centers spend an average of 57 days in custody. The children will be supervised round the clock, and there will be an average of one adult supervisor for every eight children, the sheet stated. They will also be given vaccinations and medical screenings and must be deemed “fit to travel” before they are transferred from U.S. Border Patrol custody to the health department.

During a conference call with reporters on Friday, Department of Homeland Security officials said that as of May 31, there were 1,995 immigrant children in custody as a result of the “zero tolerance” mandate.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. then just shorten the time between they arrive and their request is denied, make it a week or less.
    2. if i crossed the border illegally, sure why not.
    3. explain to me how building a giant wall with drones circling it, that will impede people from climbing up it/ tunneling under it/ and therefore reduce the number of illegals that reach the US is a stupid idea. less people border hopping, means less families being jailed and separated. why can't you figure that out?

Hot damn. Blaming the actions of the crazy person on the first responders. "Well maybe he wouldn't have killed those hostages had they just given him the money"

In no way ways does that, which makes no sense on or off paper, just the behavior of ICE or POTUS.

Let's not forget what the Democrats asked for. They were settling for just talking about leaving the DACA recipients alone for the Wall. Not even a guarantee. They just want talks on the floor. Even a good sampling Republicans support DACA.

Trump is hindering GOP talks about immigration as we speak.

Who is the mad man here?

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Also remember that the Democrats were on board for a plan that traded wall funding for a DACA plan, and Trump bailed on it. He's putting these people's lives on the line for political gain. Stop acting like this is somehow the Democrats' fault.

Quote Originally Posted by LaserSharkDFB View Post
    Also remember that the Democrats were on board for a plan that traded wall funding for a DACA plan, and Trump bailed on it. He's putting these people's lives on the line for political gain. Stop acting like this is somehow the Democrats' fault.
    It's all the democrats fault that Trump is holding babies as hostages something I don't think even Saturday morning cartoon villains would do.

5+ Year Old Account
    that doesnt seem so bad to me...

Quote Originally Posted by Algy View Post
    Uhhh, did this comment really just happen?

"What is the issue with concentration camps".
    Given the state of this forum/the internet I'm mildly surprised someone didn't already suggest gasing the kids because, hey, no more kids no more separation, right?

Anyway, this is another Trumpism. Causing this then blaming it on anyone else he can, with the Democrats being the scapegoat du jour. Immigration reforms that include more repression but not more processing leads to this kind of stupidity. Who would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Hot damn. Blaming the actions of the crazy person on the first responders. "Well maybe he wouldn't have killed those hostages had they just given him the money"

In no way ways does that, which makes no sense on or off paper, just the behavior of ICE or POTUS.

Let's not forget what the Democrats asked for. They were settling for just talking about leaving the DACA recipients alone for the Wall. Not even a guarantee. They just want talks on the floor. Even a good sampling Republicans support DACA.

Trump is hindering GOP talks about immigration as we speak.

Who is the mad man here?
    Nice try but you are incorrect.

Here's the deal Trump proposed that was rejected.
    Quote Originally Posted by CNBC
    the Trump offer covers a surprisingly larger number of illegal immigrants than expected. The White House plan more than doubles the number of people who could take advantage of its pathway to citizenship.

It would include not just the roughly 700,000 Dreamer immigrants who have applied for DACA protection since 2012, but an additional 1.1 million illegal immigrants who could have qualified but have not yet applied.

That's a major gift from the administration any way you look at it. Democrats were hoping to come out of these eventual negotiations with protections for about 800,000 people. But without even presenting a counteroffer, they're being offered protection for 1.8 million.
    link - https://www.cnbc.com/2018/01/26/trum...ommentary.html
    so the deal was denied because no democrat would ever agree to funding for the wall, no matter how many Dreamers it saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Draco-Onis View Post
    How so? this is Trump's policy he is basically doing this in order to hold democrats hostage. Also let's say you are right and they give him what he wants, how can they possibly trust him not to do it again? he is already a compulsive liar now he is holding babies as political hostages.
    nobody will go along with Trump if he tries this again, also just have some Democratic lawyers put all their stipulations in place so he won't be able to renege on it. The democrats have already been proven to be better at arguing the law, so they shouldn't have any issues outsmarting Trump. I mean he is an idiot after all, right?
    Last edited by announced; 2018-06-17 at 11:58 PM.

nobody will go along with Trump if he tries this again, also just have some Democratic lawyers put all their stipulations in place so he won't be able to renege on it. The democrats have already been proven to be better at arguing the law, so they shouldn't have any issues outsmarting Trump. I mean he is an idiot after all, right?
    What are you talking about? no one can stop him this falls within his power he can do it again, as you say he is an idiot he doesn't care about facts, law or consequences and his supporters would still vote for him if he strangled a baby on live TV.

10+ Year Old Account

so the deal was denied because no democrat would ever agree to funding for the wall, no matter how many Dreamers it saves.

Theres no way you found the article on that deal without see the dozens of others where the deal fell apart...in large part because of the WH.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Why are you ignoring the fact that Democrats were on board for wall funding just two weeks earlier, in the article I linked above? Are you just lying?

Why are you ignoring the fact that Democrats were on board for wall funding just two weeks earlier, in the article I linked above? Are you just lying?
    where did you link the article? the one i linked was after the first talks had fallen apart, and Trump increased the DACA recipients that he previously had allowed to double. He was going to be called Amnesty Don. The democrats simply didn't want to meet all of his support for the wall funding.

where did you link the article? the one i linked was after the first talks had fallen apart, and Trump increased the DACA recipients that he previously had allowed to double. He was going to be called Amnesty Don. The democrats simply didn't want to meet all of his support for the wall funding.
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...mers-deal.html

You are aware, then, that the previous talks had fallen apart. They fell apart because Trump walked away from a deal where Democrats were willing to pay for the wall. This completely counters your point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew79 View Post
    They are summer camps. When people get gassed then we can call them concentration camps.
    Concentration camps were holding facilities for Jewish immigrants illegally entering Germany.

Extermination camps are a whole other ball game.

Remember when people were comparing Trump to Hitler and everyone was like "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, libs be dumb" and I said "Just wait til they start throwing immigrants into camps. The Trumpkins said that would never happen in a hundred years.

I hate being right.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

It didn't fail because of the wall funding, democrats had already agreed to that. It failed because of all the other provisions Trump tried to force through with it, he basically wanted to gut the entire immigration system.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...to-citizenship

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Given the state of this forum/the internet I'm mildly surprised someone didn't already suggest gasing the kids because, hey, no more kids no more separation, right?

Anyway, this is another Trumpism. Causing this then blaming it on anyone else he can, with the Democrats being the scapegoat du jour. Immigration reforms that include more repression but not more processing leads to this kind of stupidity. Who would have thought.
    You are right, how naive of me. I should be amazed that people around here aren't wanting to just shoot them out back, because the internet as a whole, has gone kind of crazy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Concentration camps were holding facilities for Jewish immigrants illegally entering Germany.

Extermination camps are a whole other ball game.

Remember when people were comparing Trump to Hitler and everyone was like "naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaw, libs be dumb" and I said "Just wait til they start throwing immigrants into camps. The Trumpkins said that would never happen in a hundred years.

I hate being right.
    Tbh I was on the "dude liberals you gotta calm down" train about that shit, but then this happened and now I'm like "welp, nothing would surprise me about this administration anymore".

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...mers-deal.html

You are aware, then, that the previous talks had fallen apart. They fell apart because Trump walked away from a deal where Democrats were willing to pay for the wall. This completely counters your point.
    Actually they weren't willing to put up the 20B that Trump asked for, instead they offered way less.
    whats odd about this is Trump actually supported a deal to extend DACA earlier that year and he got basically nothing in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Trifle View Post
    It didn't fail because of the wall funding, democrats had already agreed to that. It failed because of all the other provisions Trump tried to force through with it, he basically wanted to gut the entire immigration system.

he wanted to correct the entire immigration system by the looks of it, so why not let him?

ok so you were right they were on board for wall funding earlier, but they flat out refused when Trump proposed it again as according to this article. my mistake is I had the timeline wrong, a minor error.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloomberg
    Senate Democratic Leader Chuck Schumer, who had offered to fully pay for Trump’s border wall ahead of last weekend’s government shutdown, rejected the new proposal on Friday.

call it like it is, it's a Juvenile Detention Center.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Deleted
    A 4 Year old was left to sit her own feces and the Agents at the camp did nothing for 3 days. The only reason this was solved was because a 16 year old stepped up and took care of her. So not only are US Government Officials seperating young Children from their parents but they refuse to care for them.
    https://www.businessinsider.de/immig...18-6?r=US&IR=T

It is only a matter of time before these kids become victims of sexual predators.