10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wikko View Post
    I feel exactly the same, I'm maybe enjoying 10% of my playtime. Other 90% is just pure shit and I just dont understand why I get back to playing.
    Doesn't take long to be reminded how much bullshit Brigitte and Hanzo bring to the game now. Dialled my play back a lot too this season, but figured I'd put some hours in to Arcade and QP during this event for some boxes, and get that reminder every 2-3 games how these two heroes just broke everything.

I have no problems with brigitte since her nerfs, but yeah, Hanzo is just insane right now, and that's without gravstrike combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God King Rastakhan View Post
    After a year in gold I finally managed to crawl myself up to platinum, I'm so proud.

Seriously, playing this game without friends is nigh impossible.
    You mean in competitive?

Because I have no friends in-game and I have a blast (in QP and arcade).

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Doesn't take long to be reminded how much bullshit Brigitte and Hanzo bring to the game now. Dialled my play back a lot too this season, but figured I'd put some hours in to Arcade and QP during this event for some boxes, and get that reminder every 2-3 games how these two heroes just broke everything.
    Brigittes have even tainted FFA.

I try just having fun with Doomfist, and I turn a corner to get stuck in a 3 way stun, and then a Pharah flops in to splash and take all the kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Brigittes have even tainted FFA.

I try just having fun with Doomfist, and I turn a corner to get stuck in a 3 way stun, and then a Pharah flops in to splash and take all the kills.
    I'm sorry but I just can't sympathize with Doomfist... Is there a wall? Yes? Just tap that punch and literally 1-shot non-tanks from full hp, don't even need to charge the damn thing up. Utterly ridiculous.

Yes I'm aware of his weaknesses and what to do to beat him and all that, but it doesn't change the fact this is a consistent part of his repertoire and it's just unacceptable to me (yes, Widow and Hanzo can literally 1-shot too but they need to hit critical headshots). Guess we just hate different things, I'm less bothered by Hanzo because he has to aim, and while I dislike Brigitte at least she needs to hit the whole combo.

10+ Year Old Account
    Starting to give up on Competitive. I always solo queue and regardless how well I play, I seem to be at a 50% win rate. It's like the game calculate it. Half the games I get a competent team and the next game it feels like I play with the worst people on the planet. Some games, there are super tryhards like myself and some games are litterally 0 communication and the worst picks possible. Game one was basically the best meta and next game was 5 dps + me as support.

I am stuck in Plat, barely touching Diamond and never close to going down to Gold. I play only support, cause that's what I am good at, so I can't really solo carry anything. I avarage 20k+ healing games but that won't take me out of this hell cause every other game we lose cause people are playing so poorly. This forced 50% winrate combined with support main solo queue is making it impossible for me to climb. I should be at 3500+ as support. I can say that with a straight face and with my hand on my heart. In fact I KNOW I should be there. I borrowed my friends smurf account, or well, rather his second account (it's high rated). He was abroad for a few months and I know him IRL of course. It was at 3700 rating. I played maybe 100 games, peaked at 3800 and dropped to 3500 at lowest. Ended at 3650ish. After 100 games, to maintain almost 3700 where it started, shows I belong in that rating, but I find it impossible to get there for my own account.

So yeah, competitive is hell solo queue support And no, my friend doesn't wanna play with me even on 2nd acc, he is super tryhard and the only reason I could borrow his account was because he needed placements + some comp points that he would miss since he was gone entire season.
    Last edited by Battlebeard; 2018-06-13 at 02:42 AM.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

Ugh, finally get into Plat, take 2 days off to play some Arcade, come back to comp just to lose my first 4 games. What. The. Fuck. All that’s changed is that every game it puts me in with people that main Mercy and yet don’t pick her, people that main Rein but pick Genji who they have 5 mins on overall.
    I just don’t get it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I also hate SR.
    I play support, we win, I gain 20-40 SR. I play tank with a team that doesn’t heal tanks they aren’t queue’d with and we win and I get 10 SR.
    Just a follow up of W:L ratio, I am now on game 9 of the day with only 3 wins. Last game was my favorite: a Winston on my team keeps jumping in 1v6 and then screams to heal him while both support are running back from spawn.
    I take that back, on game 10 I’m pretty sure I was with throwers. Moira/Zen for 2 support; didn’t heal anyone and charged face first into a Bastion most of the game. Only time I got healed as a tank from Moira was when I said something in voice comms and she peed on me for 2 seconds out of the whole match. So frustrat d I just took the penalty and left the game before our defense round started.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2018-06-14 at 01:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Think its finally time to take a break from this game for awhile, Ive been trying to enjoy it for ages but holy hell this patch is one of the worst, both in terms of balance and player quality.

Its as if the collective playerbase has given up on trying, even the fun game modes arent enjoyable with such an overwhelming amount of apathy.
    To get my three weekly lootboxes from arcade this past week I went through 2 quick wins then two to two and a half hours of losing per 3 wins. I have never been more frustrated playing this game than the past two weeks...more so the last few days.

End up with a DVA who tells me they won't use defense matrix for anyone but their premade members. Seriously, these people need to be permanently banned from the game.

Dear People of Quickmatch:
    LEARN TO FUCKING PLAY AGAINST TORB SO MY FUCKING WINRATE CAN BE ACCURATE SINCE BLIZZ WON'T FIX IT!

Played my first game in a while. We didn't have a healer, so I picked Mercy. I immediately get told that she's a 'trash pick' and to switch to Ana instead. I ignore the comments but they persist so I politely tell them that I'm not comfortable playing Ana as my aim isn't the best and we have a Genji and a Tracer who are pretty hard to target at the best of times.

The person complaining then switches to Mei and spends the rest of the match trying to block my path with ice walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    Played my first game in a while. We didn't have a healer, so I picked Mercy. I immediately get told that she's a 'trash pick' and to switch to Ana instead. I ignore the comments but they persist so I politely tell them that I'm not comfortable playing Ana as my aim isn't the best and we have a Genji and a Tracer who are pretty hard to target at the best of times.

The person complaining then switches to Mei and spends the rest of the match trying to block my path with ice walls.
    Thats pretty funny since Ana is still kinda useless even after the buff,mercy is still a must pick almost

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Ugh, finally get into Plat, take 2 days off to play some Arcade, come back to comp just to lose my first 4 games. What. The. Fuck. All that’s changed is that every game it puts me in with people that main Mercy and yet don’t pick her, people that main Rein but pick Genji who they have 5 mins on overall.
    I just don’t get it.

- - - Updated - - -

This is why I also hate SR.
    I play support, we win, I gain 20-40 SR. I play tank with a team that doesn’t heal tanks they aren’t queue’d with and we win and I get 10 SR.
    Just a follow up of W:L ratio, I am now on game 9 of the day with only 3 wins. Last game was my favorite: a Winston on my team keeps jumping in 1v6 and then screams to heal him while both support are running back from spawn.
    I take that back, on game 10 I’m pretty sure I was with throwers. Moira/Zen for 2 support; didn’t heal anyone and charged face first into a Bastion most of the game. Only time I got healed as a tank from Moira was when I said something in voice comms and she peed on me for 2 seconds out of the whole match. So frustrat d I just took the penalty and left the game before our defense round started.
    I feel you.

Honestly, this game need a huge change for Competitive. Maybe one Comp mode for people who wanna have fun and compete yet be fairly casual and one mode for Tryhards where it's basically life and death and where SR is dead serious. Or like a comp mode where you need Silverframe and 30+ hours with like 2 heroes from each category or something.

I am personally the crazy tryhard person and people trolling or just being bad drive me crazy. If I was in the same room with some people I played with last game as an example, I'd be in jail now.

Things need to change! Thank god for group finder thing, MAYBE it will help me find other tryhards easier.
    • Diablo Immortal is the most misunderstood and underrated game of all time!
    • Blizzard, please, give us some end-game focused Classic servers, where you start at max level!
    • Serious Completionist: 100% OW Achievements, 100% D3 Achievements, 90% Immortal Achievements, 99% ATT Classic, ~90% ATT Retail

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I feel you.

Honestly, this game need a huge change for Competitive. Maybe one Comp mode for people who wanna have fun and compete yet be fairly casual and one mode for Tryhards where it's basically life and death and where SR is dead serious.
    1) Quickplay already exists. The only difference is golden weapons which tbh is not that great. If they had tons of crazy skins every season, maybe...but they don't.

2) These statements are inherently illogical. Competitive means you are trying to win. If you aren't using optimal strategies or trying your hardest, then you aren't really competing.
    BAD WOLF

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Quick Play hasnt been a reasonable game mode since Season 3 at least.
    It's literally the same gameplay, except the matches 'end' every round so it can be 'quick'. Committing 30 minutes of your life to play the same game with arguably the same rewards, same hero restrictions, same objectives, same penalties for misbehaving....doesn't really make it different.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Smurfing needs to be a bannable offense. It really does.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelimbror View Post
    It's literally the same gameplay, except the matches 'end' every round so it can be 'quick'. Committing 30 minutes of your life to play the same game with arguably the same rewards, same hero restrictions, same objectives, same penalties for misbehaving....doesn't really make it different.
    In competitive I can accept that I will form a group for the team. That basically means going tank or even more often healing, especially as I'm old, and don't have the twitch reflexes anymore

But the same thing happens in QP. No one playing tanks or healers. Screw that, i'm going DPS for fun, and I'm not going to be pigeonholed into that there.

roll on teamfinder, where I can at least sort what I'm playing.

Deleted
    when you almost reach master but cant get out of gold with your other account

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Smurfing needs to be a bannable offense. It really does.
    yeah ban people that spend money on the game

Makes sense

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    when you almost reach master but cant get out of gold with your other account

- - - Updated - - -

yeah ban people that spend money on the game

Makes sense
    I probably spent more on the game through loot boxes than most with smurf accounts. Where’s the incentive to buy them when you’re constantly changing account? Really bad reasoning.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    I probably spent more on the game through loot boxes than most with smurf accounts. Where’s the incentive to buy them when you’re constantly changing account? Really bad reasoning.
    The two biggest reasons are having an account to learn something new, where you aren't punishing your teammates for playing something you're unfamiliar with in a competitive environment, and playing with friends in comp when you couldn't due to SR restrictions (preferably nothing too extreme, and not involving someone stomping lower ranked people on their main).