Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Now that I have had time to reflect and think about this, I would have stopped and called the cops. The damage on the car could be hundreds to thousands of dollars depending on what car. A tune up(with spark plugs) for Mercedes Benz e500 is roughly 850 bucks. I can imagine what hitting a wild animal would cost for cosmetic damage.

I hope the mans car is okay or at least have proper documentation to show the courts so that he can sue the uncle for the inconvenience that animal was.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It's just an animal, get over it.
    If I had to choose between saving my dog and saving you, I would choose my dog. I just don't care about you. You are not important to me.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Keep better control of your pets. They shouldn't be out on the street to get hit by a car in the first place. It was your uncle's irresponsible ownership that got the dog killed. No one to blame but him.
    No, you are wrong.

Around residential areas you still have a lo speed limit for a reason. Next time it could be a kid.

It probably was unfortunate but if you hit and run, you are a criminal, regardless of what you hit.

And if it is a wild animal, you still stop and call the corresponding authorities, at least try to save the life somehow, otherwise you are a really small person, sad and small

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultraxion View Post
    If I had to choose between saving my dog and saving you, I would choose my dog. I just don't care about you. You are not important to me.
    I dont know you and I dont know Serpha, but if I had to choose saving 10 minutes of my time or saving your dog, I would save the 10 minutes and go through your dog in a heartbeat. I wouldn't think twice about it. See, you(and your dog) are equally unimportant to someone as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    No, you are wrong.

Around residential areas you still have a lo speed limit for a reason. Next time it could be a kid.

It probably was unfortunate but if you hit and run, you are a criminal, regardless of what you hit.

And if it is a wild animal, you still stop and call the corresponding authorities, at least try to save the life somehow, otherwise you are a really small person, sad and small
    I hit a cardboard box once...

Where do I turn myself in?

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    It's just an animal, get over it.
    That's how I feel about people that aren't directly close to me. There aren't ten humans in the world I'd choose over the pets I've had. And I'd certainly save a random dog or cat over a person that's got your attitude toward them.

10+ Year Old Account
    My sister once hit our neighbor's dog after it got out by accident. She took it to the vet herself. (It didn't make it. She was quite upset. that said our neighbor didn't blame her, stating it was her own fault for letting the dog escape)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xcureanddisease View Post
    I dont know you and I dont know Serpha, but if I had to choose saving 10 minutes of my time or saving your dog, I would save the 10 minutes and go through your dog in a heartbeat. I wouldn't think twice about it. See, you(and your dog) are equally unimportant to someone as well.
    If you expect me to get mad over this, then you will be disappointed. I'm very well aware there are people in this world who would indeed put 10 min ahead of not only the life of an animal, but also ahead the life of a human.

I see you are living up to your avatar picture.

Anyone who abuses animals deserves the very first circle of Hell!!!

Nothing winds me up more than seeing dogs and cats being abused and tortured.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Funkenstein View Post
    Keep better control of your pets. They shouldn't be out on the street to get hit by a car in the first place. It was your uncle's irresponsible ownership that got the dog killed. No one to blame but him.

Fortunately, you won't have any pets or kids in your life, with this kind of mentality you're not fit to be responsible for anything

10+ Year Old Account
    I hate dog owners that they dont have their dogs on a leash. There are quite a few of there where i live and dogs run wild and get infront of cars every damn time.

Unless you have a high wall and un-moveable ground where you dog is, it should be at leash!!!!
    Dogs will always find a way to run away, no matter how trained they are. It only takes one cat.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    If you expect me to get mad over this, then you will be disappointed. I'm very well aware there are people in this world who would indeed put 10 min ahead of not only the life of an animal, but also ahead the life of a human.

I see you are living up to your avatar picture.
    I didn't want to upset you with what I wrote. It wasn't for the SHOCK factor. It was just to let you know how equally unimportant everyone else is to everyone else which is the majority of the responses in this entire thread. If animal owners, such as yourself, care about their companions, then you all should take extra measures to help keep those animals safe. Otherwise people will plow right into them to save 10 minutes or plow into them unintentionally.

Humans only care when it hits home.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    ...people who hit animals with their car and don't even stop to try and let the owners know about it. My fiance's uncle's dog got out a couple hours ago without us knowing it. Some asshole hit him with their car and just took off. They left him in the middle of the road grasping for life. When we found him, he was still alive but didn't make it on the way to the vet. These people disgust me and I hope they rot in Hell.

- - - Updated - - -

And this happened 3 houses down from where we live too which is how we know the person didn't make any attempt to find the owners.
    I am a dog onwer, and I would NEVER put him in a position that he can even get hit in the slightest. He is always on the leash, and if he can run free it's because he is in an area with fences everywhere or in our sealed off garden.

However, I do agree with you that those that hit a cat/dog should call the vet ambulance (we have them atleast). But I also DONT agree that cats are even roaming around...how many cats I have seen dead lying on the ground...and who is to blame? I would say the owners... I had 2 cats (brothers) they were very happy inside and could use the whole house.

- - - Updated - - -

replace "my" with "any", then you got my feeling captured here as well

Deleted
    There is no hell, so if you want to punish them you better do it while they are still alive.

dogs are erratic animals and should be leashed or kept under close watch. If you hit a cat however you should stop and try to find the owner, since cats are clever enough to most of the time avoid traffic, and considered out-door animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    This is what i love about MMO-C...the caring community...
    /s
    yes, i felt for the driver, the poor mans car.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    Sad story, I'm pretty sure I clipped a dog once on the highway. It was out in the open highway, I was going seventy-five, and this mutt comes sprinting off the side of the road into the street. I of course swerve into the other lane to try and not hit it, but it sped up, panicking at the large scary object coming in its direction. I don't think I heard a thump or anything, but I saw the dog (in my rear view mirror) seemingly intact but spinning on the road. I didn't stop because it was a busy highway and I was going so fast I'd have to go in reverse quite a ways after slowing down to get to it, but I did feel extremely guilty the entire drive there, and the rest of the day too. I hope the dog made it.
    Actually in a most cases in swerving to try and not hit the animal can be far more dangerous to you and other road users.. Because if you swerve and lose control of the vehicle you could end up colliding with another vehicle, and making the situation even worse..

Quote Originally Posted by LedZeppelin View Post

Realistically, how do you expect people just instantly know who the owner is? Also running from something like this doesn't necessarily imply malice/ignorance/indifference but also could be from the feeling of guilt.
    If you can't find the owner, you get that animal to the nearest vet. Most vets are happy to save the animal without charging the person who brought it in, in cases like this.

I have no idea how or why people are trying to justify it's fine to drive off and take no responsibility. It's jut sickening.
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

spotted the psycho

now you see why people dont care about some random useless animals, their owners are shit like you.
    i will sponsor 10k so more animals get taken down by vets, best thing is i get the money back from the state

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rendark View Post
    If i ever hit someones pet with my car there's no way i would stop and find its owner. You don't know who it is. They could go into a rage and try to hurt you.
    And this is the problem, people get very emotional when something like this happens.. Imagine being thoughtful, you hit someones pet, you find the owner to apologize to, and the next thing you know you are in hospital with various injuries..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rotted View Post
    If you can't find the owner, you get that animal to the nearest vet. Most vets are happy to save the animal without charging the person who brought it in, in cases like this.

I have no idea how or why people are trying to justify it's fine to drive off and take no responsibility. It's jut sickening.
    It is ILLEGAL to move an animal once you hit it.